Thread: Zazenkai sound issues?

Zazenkai sound issues?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue...

During playback of the last zazenkai it seems like Jundo's microphone is only on when there is a sound... this means that during "quiet" parts (like during zazen), the sound seems to flicker between complete silence (like the video has stopped) to faint static (when there is ambient sound, like bird calls). This doesn't happen when there is a constant background noise (eg. when it's raining or birds singing), possibly as the microphone is always active. The intermittent static / silence is very distracting and I'm unsure how to deal with it. If I turn down the volume, I can't hear the bell (so endless zazen!). Initially I thought it was the video "skipping" but this is not the issue...

Has anyone experienced this?
    If not, does anyone know what could be causing it?

Gassho,
    Alex
    Sat

Mp
    Hey Alex,

Sometimes you can hear that when the internet connection is a bit iffy on Jundo's end ... it is just modern technology playing with us. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Hi Alex,

I would say to turn down the volume just so you can hear the bells, ignore the rest. I just posted this new addition to our "Zazen for Beginners" series that may offer some assistance ... This is the rough cut ...

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Shingen and Jundo,
    I'll try it with the volume low.
    Gassho,
    Alex
    Sat

Mp
    Ah Jundo, what a great video ... love it!

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today