Thread: Does anyone else here enjoy coloring?

Joyo

Does anyone else here enjoy coloring?

It has definitely become it's own art form, not just for children anymore. I am curious if there are any other fellow Treeleafers that enjoy this art form as well.

I quite enjoy it, and it is actually very similar to my other hobby, which is watercolor painting.

There are plenty of youtube channels to demonstrate how to blend and work with the colors. It amazes me how differently I view the world with my love of color and art. For example, the sky isn't just blue, it's grey, light blue with some swirls of pink and yellow.

Here's my favourite youtube channel, in case anyone else wants to check it out =)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcB...pmpbjkITQE984w

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Hi,

Definitely for adults too. My wife loves it!

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

I haven't colored for a while, but before taking up painting I would lose myself in it for hours. There used to be these sets of posters with a full spectrum of markers that were very involved, not kiddy stuff. Today there are probably so many more choices.

Gassho
    Daizan

Sat today

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daizan View Post
    I haven't colored for a while, but before taking up painting I would lose myself in it for hours. There used to be these sets of posters with a full spectrum of markers that were very involved, not kiddy stuff. Today there are probably so many more choices.

Gassho
    Daizan

Sat today
    Yes, there are many options, but Prismacolor colored pencils are the most popular, or for those that want to spend more money the polychromos. I've never used them, but they are oil based, as opposed to wax, so they sound interesting.

In case you're interested, these are really good.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcB...pmpbjkITQE984w

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Mp
    Thank you Joyo ... I love colouring, it is the only part of art I am good at, but I do love it. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Hi Joyo!

I want to try it and I am actually looking for some nice Transformers book

Haven't fond the one.

Yes, I'm a big nerd.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Greetings Joyo,

I also enjoy coloring, especially mandalas. I find it to be very peaceful and at times somewhat meditative.

Gassho
    Dali.
    May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
    May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
    May all beings rejoice in the well-being of others.
    May all beings live in peace, free from greed and hatred.

Joyo
    There's this option, Kyonin...

https://www.amazon.ca/Robots-Colorin...+coloring+book

I wish I could get my kids coloring. They have no desire to be bookworms, or artists like their parents lol!

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it? My thought is that all the shapes, proportions, perspective, etc. are already there. The vision is already supported. What is left is the joy of bringing it to life with color and shading.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

My sister and I really enjoy getting really nice Disney princess coloring books and using thin black pens and color to alter thr scene and tone of the original. They are usually very mature, but very nice when done well, and sometimes very funny!

Gassho, sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Joyo
    There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it? My thought is that all the shapes, proportions, perspective, etc. are already there. The vision is already supported. What is left is the joy of bringing it to life with color and shading.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today
    Yes, I agree. It's easier, and yet the knowledge of shading and perspective does help make your pictures come alive.

For me, personally, if I'm tired, I just don't have it in me to put the thought process into drawing or painting. But coloring, it's a cliche but it's more relaxing because like you said, it's all there, you just bring it to life.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Joyo
    Thank you for sharing your experiences everyone =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it?
    sat today
    Not fond of coloring myself, but I can imagine as you say it's already there (rings a bell) and we just have to see it (rings a bell) and make it our own by emptying our mind and just get to it in peace and quiet (rings a bell)

Gassho
    Ongen

Sat Today
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source

Does anyone else here enjoy coloring?

I like coloring. It can be very therapeutic. Calms the mind. I have a crayon drawing done by great great grandma that has been passed down that I am fond of which makes me wonder how long crayons have been around, lol.

..sat2day•合掌

Wow. That's awesome!

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Mp
    That is amazing Troy. =)

I also remember back in the day when we were on the phone (yes, we had the same phone) ...

il_570xN.746360382_gp13.jpg

We would doodle/colour on those felt colouring posters ...

fuzzy-posters.jpg

All, those were the days!

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    Last edited by Mp; 09-11-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Ahh! Yes! The fuzzy posters! I had a unicorn one!

Gassho,
    Sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Suddenly Bob Ross came to mind. At art school he was laughed at by my fellow students, but I think he did some wonderful stuff... it's almost like coloring and accessible to anyone who takes pleasure in being creative!

Gassho
    Ongen

Sat Today
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source