Thread: Switching mobile/full view

Switching mobile/full view

I've switched my view on mobile (iPhone, Safari) to the full desktop version. Is there a way to switch back to the mobile view without deleting my cookies?

Grasshoppers, Dudley
    sat

I am not sure, but have you tried the Tapatalk app? It works well for interacting on the forum.

..sat2day•合掌

Hi Dudley,

If you scroll all the way back down on your phone, you'll see this option:

captura-1.JPG

Open it and select Default Mobile Style. That should get you back to the regular phone look

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks, Kyonin, but the only options available are Default Style and Treeleaf Minimalist. No mobile option.

Grasshoppers, Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I am not sure, but have you tried the Tapatalk app? It works well for interacting on the forum.
    Thanks, I have tried it, but I don't think there's a view for "all new posts", or at least not one I could find.

Grasshoppers, Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyf View Post
    Thanks, I have tried it, but I don't think there's a view for "all new posts", or at least not one I could find.

Grasshoppers, Dudley
    On Tapatalk I go to Treeleaf Zendo, then find the "unread" bar. It takes a little searching around at first.
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Hey Dudley,

At the bottom of your page, do you have this option?

hLEDI.png

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Hey Dudley,

At the bottom of your page, do you have this option?
    No, and looking at that screenshot, I'm wondering if I'm on the right site at all. I don't see any of those options. I would attach a screenshot but I think trying to figure out how to do that from my phone would drive me to break the first precept (the ninth is already right out).

Grasshoppers, Dudley
    #sat

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyf View Post
    No, and looking at that screenshot, I'm wondering if I'm on the right site at all. I don't see any of those options. I would attach a screenshot but I think trying to figure out how to do that from my phone would drive me to break the first precept (the ninth is already right out).

Grasshoppers, Dudley
    #sat
    Hmm, not sure then. Maybe just clear the cache on your Safari browser .... remember, it too is impermanent. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I figured it out! (I think)

So there are three different views, two if which we can easily switch back and forth between, one is a little more difficult (and this is the heart of your issue Dudley):

1. The default vBulletin "mobile" view - this is "mobile responsive", and uses font sizes and such so it is easy to read on mobile, but it has essentially none of the custom Treeleaf elements (logo, FAQ, donation button, etc.):

2. If you then scroll to the bottom and hit "Full Site", you get the desktop site with the "Treeleaf Minimalist" theme. This is basically the desktop site squeezed into a small viewport and has the custom elements (logo, FAQ, donation button, etc.):

3. If you then scroll to the bottom again, and select "Default Style" from the dropdown on the bottom left, you get a theme that looks a lot like the mobile responsive default (no Treeleaf logo, but does have FAQ, donation button, etc.):

You can use the dropdown at the bottom left to switch back and forth between "Treeleaf Minimalist" and "Default Style" (#2 and #3 above), but there is no way to just go back to the mobile responsive default. What I figured out today is that this is because when you select "Full Site", vBulletin sets a cookie in your browser that basically says "I want the desktop version of the site". If you just delete this cookie, the site goes back to the mobile responsive version (#1 above).

The good news: in Safari on iOS this is easy to delete by going to: Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data:

The bad news: it will clear your browser history and cookies from ALL your websites (so you'll need to log back in, etc. everywhere).

Pshew, so Dudley, long story short, try going to: Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data, and see if when you return to Treeleaf, it is the mobile responsive view.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#sattoday
    Last edited by Sekishi; 09-14-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Ack! Smaller images...
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Phenomenal. Hearty thanks.

Sheesh!

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Pshew, so Dudley, long story short, try going to: Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data, and see if when you return to Treeleaf, it is the mobile responsive view
    Wow, that was an incredibly clear and detailed explanation. Thank you! Are you available for QA work?
    I did clear my cookies and that did restore the mobile view.

Gassho, Dudley
    #sat