Thread: Aug 19th-20th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai with SHOKA!!

Aug 19th-20th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai with SHOKA!!

Please sit a Special Zazenkai with our long time member SHOKA, flying in from the USA via Taiwan. PLEASE NOTE THAT, AS SHE IS LITERALLY COMING TO ZAZEN from the AIRPORT, THERE IS SOME CHANCE OF A SMALL DELAY IN OUR START TIME as I run to pick her up. Please patiently sit Zazen if you wait.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-19-2016 at 10:36 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Also note GOOGLE HANGOUTS are moving from SEPTEMBER 12th to 'YOUTUBE LIVE', and will no longer be found at Google+.

Hangouts should be the same, but how to get there and access them will be a bit different. We will provide details in the coming days.

You can read more here too ...

https://support.google.com/youtube/a...=live_hoa&rd=1

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-26-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Mp
    Ahh thank you Jundo, this is wonderful.

I will be there live to sit with all of you with bells and mokugyo ready. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    Last edited by Mp; 08-19-2016 at 04:04 PM.

I will be here/there live.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

Kyotai
    Will be working. Enjoy your sit and safe travels Shoka.

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

I will sit again later today and will join it in spirit with the Zazenkai, as I don't know what time this is, don't know how to join in, will be working, and today is my husband's last day of vacation

So i will in essence be 'one way'

Gassho
    Kim st

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Hi guys,

I'll have to sit this one over the weekend.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you. I will be there 2-way, tech allowing. If not, I will practice with the video later in the weekend.

Gassho,
    Onkai

Thank you. I'll try to be there, doing my best to keep my eyes "half-open" at that time

Gassho,
    Andoitz.
    太 Tai (Great)
    陽 Yō (Sun)

I will be more missing out. Going to the mountains for a jazz festival. See you all next week!

Gassho, sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Hi all,

I will be live one-way.

Kim, I believe that is 9pm Pennsylvania time. Did you know you can access the Zazenkai right in this thread, through the window, above? And if you want to, you can then click on the Youtube icon while it's playing, to go directly to the Youtube stream (or recording, as the case may be.)

Anyway we are all together, regardless; live, recorded, or in spirit!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Oh I just noticed... August 19th -10th Zazenkai??? Jundo is showing off his magic zen time-warping skills, or else that is gonna be one loooooong sit.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Byokan View Post
    Oh I just noticed... August 19th -10th Zazenkai??? Jundo is showing off his magic zen time-warping skills, or else that is gonna be one loooooong sit.

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today
    Thanks Byokan, I fixed the date. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

How exciting! If I make it out of work in time I will be there one-way :-D

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Thank you, date fixed ... and I have been informed that the plane arrived on time, cleared customs, and she is heading this way on the Tsukuba bound airport bus ... ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Gassho, J

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hope to sit live this week. Yay!

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hello everyone,

Here is the event link for todays zazenkai: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...-GB&authuser=0

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Participating "one -way"
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you and Gassho

Daizan

sat today

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Thank you everyone, lovely to see you all, and lovely to see Shoka sitting beside Jundo. =)

And good catch Jundo, I went back to check and saw I posted it on the wrong day ... but you got it. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Thank you, everybody. Have a good weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Wonderful. Loved Jundo's talk. Love the smiling faces

Wishing you a beautiful sunrise on the mountain, Shoka!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Awesome!! So fun to see Shoka in the zendo, safe travels! Thanks and good night everyone!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joyo
    Thank you everyone. Enjoy your travels, Shoka. Lovely to sit along with everyone thanks to the recording.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    just sat

Tuned in a little late but enjoyed the Zazenkai. Enjoy your trip Shoka!
    Thanks to everyone.

Gassho
    Mike
    Sat2day

Thank you all.
    Aaaah, a country where planes and buses are on schedule...
    Enjoy your trip, Shoka!

Gassho
    Jika
    #sattoday
    治 Ji
    花 Ka

Can't wait to watch the video on YouTube. What's the usual delay before the zazenkai becomes accessible there?
    Gassho,
    K2
    #SatToday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by kliffkapus View Post
    Can't wait to watch the video on YouTube. What's the usual delay before the zazenkai becomes accessible there?
    Gassho,
    K2
    #SatToday

It is there almost immediately after we finish. It is there now, at the above link in the OP.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Thank you, Jundo.
    Gassho,
    K2
    #SatToday

法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Just finished sitting, a day late but so great that this is possible, what a wonderful resource !
    Thanks Jundo and everyone
    Gassho,
    Marina sat today

It was wonderful to sit with you all this morning. Thank you, Jundo. Safe travels, Shoka!

Gassho,

Deirdre
    sat2day

Thank you guys. It was a lovely zazenkai

Hi Shoka!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I heard from Shoka ... they were delayed in the Mt. Fuji climb by a day due to weather. But they should be in their night climb right now ...

I will report any updates.

Gassho, J

SatToday, climbed some stairs at the mall.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I heard from Shoka ... they were delayed in the Mt. Fuji climb by a day due to weather. But they should be in their night climb right now ...

I will report any updates.

Gassho, J

SatToday, climbed some stairs at the mall.
    Awesome, I hope they get to see the sunless sun rise.

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Wow, and I'm still recovering from an "overly exuberant" yoga class the other night (I tried) ..... and they're climbing Mt Fuji. :O

Gassho
    Kim
    Sat today

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Sat zazenkai this morning.
    Thank you to all!
    Gassho,
    K2
    #SatToday

法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Ansan
    Wonderful to see Shoka! Visualizing climbing Mt. Fuji...awesome. Unable to sit for the time being because of very bad transmission, but I sat Zazenkai with you all this morning.

Gassho
    Ansan

SatToday

Thank you all.

Gassho,
    Kotei sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Just sat this Zazenkai on a Tuesday morning in Canada. I think I'm starting to get past the time/space thing at Treeleaf. Jundo's talk was helpful in this regard. Thanks to all who sat.

Colin
    Sat today

Sat this Zazenkai tonight. Thank you all.
    Thank you for the talk Jundo.

Gassho
    Washin
    st

Will be sitting this tonight. Glad Shoka made it there safely
    Matt