Hello everyone,

I apologize if this has been posted before but I did not see anything using search.

Homeless Care Packages is something I have done before and want to start doing again soon. I just wanted to post the general idea here if anyone wants to do something similar. Also, please be advised of any particular laws in your area that makes feeding the homeless illegal (rolls eyes).

Anyway, I saw the idea online and if you search "Homeless Care Packages" you can get some good lists/ideas. I would go to a dollar tree (a store where everything is $1) and buy multiple of the following items:

Socks
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Water bottle
Mini first aid kit
Soap
Shampoo
Comb/brush
Canned meats
Crackers/various other food
Sunscreen
Lotion
Chapstick/lip balm
Fingernail clippers
Non-alcoholic hand sanitizer
Candy/gum (figured it may lift their spirits)
Pack of tissues/wipes
Duct tape (I heard that's very useful when homeless)
Space blanket
Etc.

I would buy multiple amounts of these items and pack small backpacks or easily carried bags with each of these items and more. You can also include in the package a list of contact information and locations for food banks, shelters, assistance programs, etc.

I would keep these bags in my car and if I saw anyone who was homeless I would hand them a bag. No judgement on whether they were actually in need or not. However, every single time I gave out a bag the people were extremely grateful or shocked by what I gave them.

You can make smaller kits with just essentials or tailor the kits for different needs. My goal was just to make at least one other human being's life at little easier (even if small) and show them that people do actually care.

Just wanted to share this idea in case anyone hasn't heard of it before and would like to try it.

Gassho,
Tyler.

SatToday