Thread: Jundo - you've certainly started a trend...!

Jundo - you've certainly started a trend...!

Jundo,

It looks like even the more conservative schools are seeing the value of the online format...!

http://www.sfzc.org/online-programs/...ractice-period

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Hi.

The Dharma works in mysterious ways.
    Its all good practice.

Thank you for your practice.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

#Sat2day
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

"when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!"

Jundo

Joyful news.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    Last edited by Myosha; 09-16-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Hmmm apparently Treeleaf isn't charging enough for dharma instruction.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin View Post
    Hmmm apparently Treeleaf isn't charging enough for dharma instruction.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today
    Well, ya get what ya pay for.

Actually, one aspect is that the old guard over there still does not approve of such ways as "at a distance Jukai" and such ... being quite insistent on the face to face. So, we are still alone in that.

I keep insisting that we all, in our Sangha, are face to face, all in a Buddha Eye ... but I never did convince them. Oh well. Today, I read this quote from Manzan ...

On the Zafu, no space separates us; though separated by a vast ocean, our eyelashes would remain intermingled ...

Well, at least, you, me, Manzan and the Buddha get the point.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Quote from Manzan ...

On the Zafu, no space separates us; though separated by a vast ocean, our eyelashes would remain intermingled . . . .

Gassho, J
    Hello,

So THAT'S where "butterfly-kisses" comes from!^^

Thank you.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    Last edited by Myosha; 09-16-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: kisses
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

They misunderstand. The face to face is with your original face.

SAT today
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

SAT today
    Yes.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

SAT today
    And I see the original face every morning when I brush my teeth. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

In defence of Treeleaf I'd say the face is the person you are connecting with. In person there are thousands of non-verbal and proximity-felt subtleties passing between two people. Eye contact can be the most powerful thing in the world. Just think of falling in love and looking into each other's eyes. So we have our work cut out, our challenge laid down, to make this form of connecting be that effective. "Original face" can be a transformative experience or a superficial affirmation. The conservatives are not dummies who don't get the meaning of Indra's net and its potential. They are just doubtful about the depth of connection between say..dharma99 and zenrocketeer... which is what they see. This experiment has just begun. It is a moving and inspiring to be a part of it.

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Daizan View Post
    In defence of Treeleaf I'd say the face is the person you are connecting with. In person there are thousands of non-verbal and proximity-felt subtleties passing between two people. Eye contact can be the most powerful thing in the world. Just think of falling in love and looking into each other's eyes. So we have our work cut out, our challenge laid down, to make this form of connecting be that effective. "Original face" can be a transformative experience or a superficial affirmation. The conservatives are not dummies who don't get the meaning of Indra's net and its potential. They are just doubtful about the depth of connection between say..dharma99 and zenrocketeer... which is what they see. This experiment has just begun. It is a moving and inspiring to be a part of it.

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today
    Well spoken.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

There is a face to face with the master and a face to face with your original or true self. My hunch is that they are one and the same. Right now the important point is to keep sitting / meditating. Nobody knows the future but its probably a blend of the traditional and the non traditional.

SAT today
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Quote Originally Posted by Daizan View Post

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today
    You are definitely right about the outsider perspective. At the same time, I feel closer to many people here than I do to some people in my own family or who I've known "in person" for years.

-satToday
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    You are definitely right about the outsider perspective. At the same time, I feel closer to many people here than I do to some people in my own family or who I've known "in person" for years.

-satToday

I agree with this. I feel a connection to people here no matter the distance. It's very possible to be in the same room with a hundred zen masters and have no connection whatsoever.

Also, I wouldn't have contact with ANY other practitioners if not for Treeleaf. There is merit in that alone, in my opinion.

Gassho, Entai
    #SatToday

泰 Entai (Bill)
    "this is not a dress rehearsal"

The new guy'serpective on this virtual, non virtual sangha.. I have practiced meditation on and off for forty years. A lot of the off came from a busy life that took me all over the country and some of the world, thus having lived in many different towns in different States within the U.S. No regrets for any of this, it was all good. However there was usually no sangha to connect to. Or if there was my work travel made me an infrequent participant, so much so that I was not motivated and my practice would stumble for years, pick up, then fall again. I retired to a remote location and there is no one close by. I told myself there must be someway to connect with Zen through the Internet. Heck you can do everything else online. My search began. Behold, Treeleaf. In the middle of my mountain retreat I can sit with people from all over the world. Hear their challenges, see their struggles and successes, feel their compassion, and have a human connection realizing we are all the same but different. Now that I am on the road doing my wild lands thing and I can sit in my truck on a tablet and tell my Sangha what I think. I can even sit with folks from a picnic table in the mountains when 3G floats by. Bottom line, to me it matters not what doubters may think, they had a different opportunity than I. I am thankful for this sangha, it helps keep me on course. The world was once thought to be flat, then not, but it never was.

Thank you for the vision of Jundo and the participation of all here. You have greatly helped my journey.

Gassho

Randy

sat last night from a small camping trailer with Dosho, far away but here while the wind rocked my zazen.

Watching those Dutch skies
    Something about eyelashes
    Tickeling my nose.

Thank you Manzan for painting such a fragile and intimate picture.Wonderfull!

Gassho

Peter Myoho

Sitting took great efford again but I did try. Sat today!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    Mu

Seems another group is making some broadcasts....

http://mixlr.com/atlanta-soto-zen-center-live/

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Ishin View Post
    Seems another group is making some broadcasts....

http://mixlr.com/atlanta-soto-zen-center-live/

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today
    Neat-o! Maybe someday we could invite them to sit with us.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Well, ya get what ya pay for.

Actually, one aspect is that the old guard over there still does not approve of such ways as "at a distance Jukai" and such ... being quite insistent on the face to face. So, we are still alone in that.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    It might be worth mentioning that I have witnessed Karuna Dharma give Jukai over the phone to inmates who were her students (taught via snail mail correspondence). See here for more about her.

Faith-Moon
    Last edited by FaithMoon; 09-29-2015 at 08:29 PM.