Thread: September 13th Recommended Threads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

September 13th Recommended Threads

I encourage looking at these threads, topics and posts today ...

For our Jukai/Angoers ... Precept reflections have begun ... PRECEPTS I - JUKAI and THE THREE REFUGES
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...595#post161595

and

Ango Practice Partner Exercise #1
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ner-Exercise-1

Please sit with our September 11th-12th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai ...
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...eekly-Zazenkai

Some folks defrosted these old leftovers and seem to find them tasty ... Master Dogen's 'INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COOK' (REPOST)
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...K-%28REPOST%29

A lovely essay on Compassion and suffering ...
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...-and-suffering

The writer covers a "host" of themes this week ... Grass Hut - 28 - "Host and Guests" ...
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ost-and-Guests

... and many more good threads.

I am so glad if this place and the practice are benefiting you. If so, you might consider a DONATION to Treeleaf at this LINK, although there is absolutely no need or requirement to do so. Thank you.

A Re-MINDer on SIMPLICITY:

In a Zen Monastery, SILENCE or A FEW WISE WORDS are cherished over MANY WORDS. Thus, I advise folks to restrain the need to speak unless the heart truly calls. If you find yourself posting many times each day, maybe consider what truly needs to be said ... and when it is best just to answer with silence and an inner Gassho.

SILENCE OR A FEW HESITANT WORDS OF FRIENDSHIP AND SUPPORT OFTEN SPEAK MOST PROFOUNDLY. Post when it is truly important to you and needs to be spoken from the warm heart.

(too much silence or shyness can also be excessive ... so take the Middle Way!)

Also, to those who may get lost among the many threads and conversations in our Forum, please think of a monastery made of wood or brick, with 100 monks holding 10,000 conversations in the hallways, kitchen, Abbot's rooms and library (I assume no chatting in the Zendo where people sit Zazen).

Would you need or want to hear or join in all or most conversations? Of course not! You would, at best, pick and choose the conversations relevant and helpful to you.

So here too in our Sangha, NO NEED TO READ EVERY CONVERSATION: Try to note the ones that seem helpful to your Practice or interests, leave the rest. The above threads are a few suggestions.

Oh, and we do ask folks to note that they have SAT ZAZEN THE PREVIOUS DAY BEFORE POSTING IN THE FORUM (please read about that here):

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ore-Forum-Chat

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday!
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Jundo,

Thank you for the readings provided.

According to Amazon my book's ETA 25th Sept - 07th October (based on my experience 20 to 35 days is common for them
    to deliver the goods to Ukraine using the "speedy" shipping terms). I hope I will be able to make it up for the book chapters after arrival since having checked throught the web I found that nothing on-line is available except the already mentioned
    Amazon pre-view option upto the page #8.
    Meanwhile I keep concentrating on the other links plus the next coming read of the weeks.

Gassho,
    Sergey
    sat-today

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey Tsarenko View Post
    Hi Jundo,

Thank you for the readings provided.

According to Amazon my book's ETA 25th Sept - 07th October (based on my experience 20 to 35 days is common for them
    to deliver the goods to Ukraine using the "speedy" shipping terms). I hope I will be able to make it up for the book chapters after arrival since having checked throught the web I found that nothing on-line is available except the already mentioned
    Amazon pre-view option upto the page #8.
    Meanwhile I keep concentrating on the other links plus the next coming read of the weeks.

Gassho,
    Sergey
    sat-today
    Hi Sergey,

Some can be read online at Google books and Amazon "look inside" sample, until your book comes. Please try. Gassho, J SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Sergey,

Some can be read online at Google books and Amazon "look inside" sample, until your book comes. Please try. Gassho, J SatToday
    Thank you, Jundo! I'll check it out there...
    Gassho,
    Sergey
    sat-today

Sergey,

Do you need the first couple of chapters of The Mind of Clover? I can scan those in and email to you if you would like.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Sergey,

Do you need the first couple of chapters of The Mind of Clover? I can scan those in and email to you if you would like.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday
    Thank you, Kokuu. That would be much appreciated! I have read at Amazon "look inside" till page #8.
    The rest is missing. My book updated ETA here on around 2nd October.
    My e-mail: sergey.tsarenko64@gmail.com or s.tsarenko@yahoo.com

Gassho,
    Sergey

sat-today

I can scan mine and email the pages to those who needs them too.

Gassho

Clarisse Sat2Day

and looking forward to sitting tomorrow too 🏼️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, Sergey. Will get them to you later today.

Is it just chapters one and two you need? Let me know if there is anything else.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    No worries, Sergey. Will get them to you later today.

Is it just chapters one and two you need? Let me know if there is anything else.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday
    Yes, Kokuu. Just received. Looks perfect. Thank you again.

Gassho
    Sergey
    sat-today

Hi all.

Last year when I was studying the precepts, I found it very hard to get a hard copy of The Mind Of Clover.
    We were (are) having importing issues and that book isn't available as ebook in any format
    It is also out of print I believe, and one can only get used copies.

I found it readable online at a public library and made screen captures in order to release it quickly (it can only be read by one person at a time) and so that others could also read it online.

It's available for borrowing at open library

With Jundo's authorization, as we go through the study I can send the current chapter/s by email to those who need with their commitment not to distribute them. The format is .png and they are just scans of the book. They can be fully read, but no text can be easily extracted from them.

Gassho,
    Daiyo

Sat Today
    Last edited by Daiyo; 09-17-2015 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Information added
    Gassho,Walter

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyo View Post
    Hi all.

Last year when I was studying the precepts, I found it very hard to get a hard copy of The Mind Of Clover.
    We were (are) having importing issues and that book isn't available as ebook in any format
    It is also out of print I believe, and one can only get used copies.

I found it readable online at a public library and made screen captures in order to release it quickly (it can only be read by one person at a time) and so that others could also read it online.

It's available for borrowing at open library

With Jundo's authorization, as we go through the study I can send the current chapter/s by email to those who need with their commitment not to distribute them. The format is .png and they are just scans of the book. They can be fully read, but no text can be easily extracted from them.

Gassho,
    Daiyo

Sat Today
    Hi Daiyo,

Yes, if someone cannot get the book for reasons like this, I am sure what you offer is fine. Thank you. In my heart, I believe that Aitken Roshi would support this too.

In turn, if you have the money, make a donation to some charity helping people, equivalent to the cost of the book.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Daiyo,

Yes, if someone cannot get the book for reasons like this, I am sure what you offer is fine. Thank you. In my heart, I believe that Aitken Roshi would support this too.

In turn, if you have the money, make a donation to some charity helping people, equivalent to the cost of the book.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    Good idea, Jundo.

I hadn't thought of making a donation in return.

I'll do it.

Gassho,
    Daiyo

SatToday

Enviado desde mi RAZR HD mediante Tapatalk
    Gassho,Walter