Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 1940

Thread: Metta Thread

Metta to your family, father. brother, and you. I know too what you must go through.
    Be strong,
    Gassho
    Deep Bows
    sat/ lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am a lay member of Treeleaf Zendo. Each year I try to understand our Buddhist Precepts through the Buddha and Dogen. I will help you as you request.

Dear Kantai, metta to your father and all of his beloved family. I hope you will receive good news about his health status as soon as possible. I wish you all strength.

Gassho,
    Doğukan.
    SatLaH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantai View Post
    Hi everyone, I have something I need to share with the Sangha.
    Last Saturday my father had a terrible fall from the stairs and received sever brain injuries.
    He is under intensive care and me and my brothers have been sitting with him. He is unconscious, but shows signals that he can hear us and react to stimuli.

Gassho
    Kantai

SatLah
    Sitting for your dad, and for all parents and children in need of care. Peace to all.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    日々是好日 【nichi nichi korego nichi】Every Day is a Good Day!!

Much metta for your father. I will dedicate my next Zazen to his recovery.

Gassho,
    William
    SatLah

Lytton, Canada

I am sending Metta to Rev Aurelian Giles OBC and all the people of Lytton, Canada. In Summer they had wildfires. Now the trans Canada highway has been broken by flooding. They are pretty much cut off now.

May they be free of suffering; may they feel safe and still.

May they be free of enmity; may they be loving, grateful and kind.
    May they be healthy and at ease in all their ills.
    May they be at peace, embracing all conditions of life.

Nine Bows

Seiko
    stlah
    清 Sei (Pure)
    光 Ko (Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Great support can be gained by sitting quietly amongst friends.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Metta to your family, father. brother, and you. I know too what you must go through.
    Be strong,
    Gassho
    Deep Bows
    sat/ lah

It's heartwarming to see all your responses.
    My father's condition is now stable, but there is a long way back for him.

Gassho
    Kantai

SatLah

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    On (Warm)
    Kai (Sea)
    I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Metta to all,

Coming back to this thread after a period of absence the care of this community stands out and the fact that Zen doesn't
    magically protect us from pain and loss but gives us the grounding to walk this path of life with all its joy and sadness with
    a level of equanimity.

Gassho

Jinyo

sat today (still with deep sadness at the loss of my husband)

合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    日々是好日 【nichi nichi korego nichi】Every Day is a Good Day!!

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinyo View Post
    Metta to all,

Coming back to this thread after a period of absence the care of this community stands out and the fact that Zen doesn't
    magically protect us from pain and loss but gives us the grounding to walk this path of life with all its joy and sadness with
    a level of equanimity.

Gassho

Jinyo

sat today (still with deep sadness at the loss of my husband)
    Hello Jinyo,

Good to see your words.

Doshin
    St

Thank you for metta for me during brain surgery. The surgery was successful. Metta was important for someone in Treeleaf Zendo whose father was unconscious. I offered metta this morning for this reason.
    Gassho
    sat/lah
    I am a lay member of Treeleaf Zendo. Each year I try to understand our Buddhist Precepts through the Buddha and Dogen. I will help you as you request.

Metta to all current requests here. _()_ _()_ _()_

Metta request for my daughter Emily, 35, who may have meningitis and is in a coma. _()_

This may also fit into the going away and coming back thread, as I'm a little out of it right now.

Thank you, Treeleaf, for being here.

gassho
    ds sat today
    Visiting unsui, take w/salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shōnin Risa Bear View Post

Metta request for my daughter Emily, 35, who may have meningitis and is in a coma. _()_

This may also fit into the going away and coming back thread, as I'm a little out of it right now.

gassho
    ds sat today
    Oh my. Everything we have, friend, we send Emily's way. And to you.

Now is the time for the body to heal.

Gassho, J

STLah

Much Metta for Emily and All that are going through similar.

Gasshô
    STLah

Shonin deep respect for your request and I will be sitting metta in the morning when I can spend time on the request. Respect and I will also sit metta for our entire Sangha In the morning. Requests are heartfelt.
    _/|\_
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Metta to Emily. I hope each new second brings her closer to a full and speedy recovery!

Gassho, Doğukan.
    Sat.

gassho
    ds sat today
    Metta to emily!

Tony,
    The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now. - Thích Nhất Hạnh

Metta to Emily, and to everyone who is ill.
    And metta to everyone who is worrying for someone ill.

William
    Sat

gassho
    ds sat today
    Much metta to Emily, you, and those who are ill or love one who is.

Do try and take care of yourself, too

Gassho,
    Koushi
    STLaH
    広髭 Koushi (Vast Beard)

Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Metta to Emily

Gassho,
    Seibu
    Sattoday/lah

Much Metta to Emily and to you as well Shonin. Will be dedicating my practice this week to you both...

Gassho,
    Seikan
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Metta for all those suffering from illnesses the world over!

Tony,
    The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now. - Thích Nhất Hạnh

gassho
    ds sat today
    Metta to Emily and you as well.

Gassho,

Shade

ST

_()_ _()_ _()_

gassho
    doyu shonin sat and even some lah

Metta for Emily, Doyu Shonin and all your loved ones. I will sit for you.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

_()_ _()_ _()_

gassho
    doyu shonin sat and even some lah
    Any news, Shonin?

These things take time.

Gassho, J

Metta Shonin for you, Emily and the rest of the family

Doshin
    St

Metta to you and your daughter, Doyu Shonin.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    On (Warm)
    Kai (Sea)
    I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Metta for Emily and Shōnin. Metta for all who are suffering and for those that love them.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Sending much metta to Emily and Shōnin

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Metta to you and Emily.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I

Metta Thread

I would like to request metta again. I’m not feeling the best right now. I am still recovering from surgery. Okay I sometimes overdo it and try to be like others. Now and the rest of my day, several weeks I am going to rest.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Please take it easy Tai Shi. Let yourself heal and don't over do it.

Much metta sent your way.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I

Tai Shi, I'm sending metta your way. I'm sorry you don't feel well and hope you take good care of yourself and get the rest you need.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    On (Warm)
    Kai (Sea)

Do not try to be like others. Your strength is an inspiration, anything else would be mediocrity by comparison. Rest instead and continue to inspire.
    Much meta for Tai Shi, and for all who are recovering.

Gassho,
    William
    Sat

Metta for Tai Shi

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

I would like to request metta again. I’m not feeling the best right now. I am still recovering from surgery. Okay I sometimes overdo it and try to be like others. Now and the rest of my day, several weeks I am going to rest.
    Much metta, Tai Shi. It sounds like you might have overdone it so rest is a good thing. When recovering from surgery it can be hard to get the balance right between rest and wanting to be a little more active.

Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

In this world with a lot of problems all we need is a little lovin'

Thank you, thank you, thank you

- John Baptiste

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)

Metta for Tai Shi.

Feel better!

Tony,

Metta for Tai Shi and all in need of rest.

gassho
    ds sat

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Any news, Shonin?

These things take time.

Gassho, J
    They do indeed. Emily is in a medically induced coma and they're having trouble bringing her off the meds for that due to seizures. This is not surprising as I think she was medically dead for a bit too long Sunday morning. Mike, her guy, found her with no pulse and did cpr until the emts came, only 8 (!!) minutes later. We won't know what we've got, say the doctors, for perhaps another week.

We have an enormous network for this sort of thing, extended family, friends, Friends Meeting, and Bird Haven Sangha. One must get used to being on the receiving end for once. For example, Mike's brother has flown in from Philadelphia to support him in this time. Many bows.

em.jpg

Photo taken Friday.

We indulge ourselves in weeping. But it gets boring, so we get up and do chores. The sun rises, the sun sets.

gassho
    ds sat
    Last edited by Shōnin Risa Bear; 12-04-2021 at 12:51 AM.

They do indeed. Emily is in a medically induced coma and they're having trouble bringing her off the meds for that due to seizures. This is not surprising as I think she was medically dead for a bit too long Sunday morning. Mike, her guy, found her with no pulse and did cpr until the emts came, only 8 (!!) minutes later. We won't know what we've got, say the doctors, for perhaps another week.

We have an enormous network for this sort of thing, extended family, friends, Friends Meeting, and Bird Haven Sangha. One must get used to being on the receiving end for once. For example, Mike's brother has flown in from Philadelphia to support him in this time. Many bows.

em.jpg

Photo taken Friday.

We indulge ourselves in weeping. But it gets boring, so we get up and do chores. The sun rises, the sun sets.

gassho
    ds sat
    We are with you.

Love to you.

Gassho, J

em.jpg

Photo taken Friday.

gassho
    ds sat

It was good to read of the support you have. That is a wonderful thing.

Doshin
    St

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast