Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2383

Thread: Metta Thread

For your Uncle Ron, and for everyone's uncles and aunts ...

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-17-2022 at 02:00 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Metta for Geika’s Uncle Ron and for all who are suffering.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thank you all

I haven't heard much yet, but I don't really expect to for a while. All the family is echoing the same thing-- we all hope and feel that he will be able to heal as before, and play tennis again!

I had posted about my Nana a few days ago as well, and she is still doing fine.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Metta to you and your family Geika

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

Metta Judy to you, to your brother-in-law and his wife, and to your husband.

Metta Geika, to your Uncle Ron and to yourself.

Metta to all who are suffering.

With gratitude.

Gassho,

Aimee
    satlah
    Aimee B.

Thank you everyone. My brother-in-law is recovering at home.
    Metta to Geika, Uncle Ron and family, and all who are suffering.

Gassho
    Judy
    Sat/lah

Gassho,
    Anchi
    生と死をください

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Well, my poor Nana is back in the hospital. Turns out they didn't catch what it actually was the first time. Nothing life threatening. She will be fine. Just painful. We brought her some magazines and flowers, and are just glad she is resting better on pain meds.

Metta to all beings suffering or ill in health.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Metta to your Nana, Geika, and to all suffering from health problems.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat LAH

Metta to you, your Nana, and your family, Geika. I hope your Nana has a speedy recovery.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

I would like to offer Metta to my brother who is battling Covid. He lives alone and doesn’t have anyone to help him. I have offered to buy him groceries but he’s too proud to accept the help. I don’t know what else to do.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

Metta to you and your brother, Finn. It was kind for you to offer to help and maybe comforting even though it wasn't accepted.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Finn, I'm so sorry. That sounds so frustrating and a bit scary for your brother. I hope that he pulls through just fine, and that he perhaps accepts a little help from those who love him. Chanting metta for you and your family.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Thank you. He’s very stubborn and said that he won’t accept the help because he’s not “Hard up.” It isn’t about money, I explained. It’s about love and wanting to help.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

Metta to Finn's brother, and to all beings everywhere who are sick while alone.

Gassho, J

STlah

Metta to your brother, Finn. May he be healthy soon.
    Gassho
    Mateus
    Sat LAH

Gassho,
    Anchi
    生と死をください

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Metta for Finn’s brother
    Metta for Geika’s Nana
    Metta for all who are sick and suffering
    Metta for those who support them

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Metta to all who are suffering.
    Metta for those experiencing greed, anger and delusion.
    Metta for those at-risk populations.
    Metta for our deluded "World Leaders" making decisions that impact multitudes.
    May All Beings Be Happy.

Gassho,
    AnGyo
    Sat Today

Metta for all who are suffering
    Metta for all who are ill
    Metta for caregivers

Gassho,
    Judy
    sat/lah

Metta for everyone who makes the wrong decision.
    Metta to those who profit from destruction of rain forests.
    Metta to shareholders in oil and gas, whose businesses do harm to our planet.
    Metta to Polar Bears whose ice is decreasing because of our greed, and who soon may become extinct.
    Metta to all who suffer due to circumstances that other people control.
    Metta to the persecuted.
    Metta to those, on all sides, affected by war.
    Metta to the homeless, to all those who need food banks.
    Metta to perpetrators of crime.
    Metta to the poor.
    Metta to the Earth, our home.

Gasshō

Seiko
    stlah
    Last edited by Seiko; 08-21-2022 at 09:00 AM.
    清 Sei (Pure)
    光 Ko (Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Great support can be gained by sitting quietly amongst friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Onki View Post
    I would like to offer Metta to my brother who is battling Covid. He lives alone and doesn’t have anyone to help him. I have offered to buy him groceries but he’s too proud to accept the help. I don’t know what else to do.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today
    Just order them online, send them over. No need for approval if you feel that’s what you really want to do and what he needs.

Sat Today
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Please consider whatever I might say as my own ideas, experiences and understanding, and not zen doctrine.
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Just order them online, send them over. No need for approval if you feel that’s what you really want to do and what he needs.

Sat Today
    I’ve thought of doing this but he has said that if I do he will be mad at me. I don’t want that to happen. He’s being stubborn. He doesn’t like accepting anyone’s help whether that be from a friend or his own brother. I can understand his lack of acceptance as we grew up fending for ourselves.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

I’ve thought of doing this but he has said that if I do he will be mad at me. I don’t want that to happen. He’s being stubborn. He doesn’t like accepting anyone’s help whether that be from a friend or his own brother. I can understand his lack of acceptance as we grew up fending for ourselves.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today
    I see, well, I’m sure you know how to act!

Sat Today
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Please consider whatever I might say as my own ideas, experiences and understanding, and not zen doctrine.
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today
    Just a question Finn, if you think Bion's approach won't work (though a very good suggestion!), if you guys grew up fending for yourselves, did you look out for one another? Is he older than you and always looked out for you but never gave you the opportunity to return the favour? I guess you don't want to be pushy with him, but if this was the case then I wonder if it would soften his heart (and resistance lol!) if it was explained in this way. Sorry, I'm being very presumptuous as I do not know your guys story, but just a gentle question just in case it may be of benefit to you guys.

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)
    Last edited by leon; 08-21-2022 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Just an extra thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Metta to Finn's brother, and to all beings everywhere who are sick while alone.

Gassho, J

STlah

Sara
    STLah

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    Just a question Finn, if you think Bion's approach won't work (though a very good suggestion!), if you guys grew up fending for yourselves, did you look out for one another? Is he older than you and always looked out for you but never gave you the opportunity to return the favour? I guess you don't want to be pushy with him, but if this was the case then I wonder if it would soften his heart (and resistance lol!) if it was explained in this way. Sorry, I'm being very presumptuous as I do not know your guys story, but just a gentle question just in case it may be of benefit to you guys.

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)
    Hi Tokan,

Bion’s suggestion is a good one. Normally, if it was anyone else, I would just buy the groceries and that would be that. But with my brother… it’s different somehow. He is older than I am. While we were growing up he and I were the best of friends. We were always together.
    Yes, I never had the chance to tell him how much I appreciate him looking out for me as kids. And yes, I would really love to return the favour to him. But he is a proud person; doesn’t accept help from anyone. I don’t want him to be upset with me if I were to just deliver groceries to him without him knowing.
    I will be letting him know how much I care about him and how much I want to help him.
    Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate them and everyone sending him Metta.

Deep bows,

Finn

Sat today

Finn,

Have you been talking with him? Is he at least doing ok? I hope so.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Metta please to animal welfare advocate Bonnie and her beloved wolf friend, Loki. Bonnie rescued Loki years ago and he remained half wild and half part of her family. Loki passed away due to surgery complications this morning, and all who followed his story are greatly saddened.
    Metta to all beings who are ill or suffering.

Gassho,
    Judy
    sat/lah

Metta to all wolves and those who love them.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah

Bion’s suggestion is a good one. Normally, if it was anyone else, I would just buy the groceries and that would be that. But with my brother… it’s different somehow. He is older than I am. While we were growing up he and I were the best of friends. We were always together.
    Yes, I never had the chance to tell him how much I appreciate him looking out for me as kids. And yes, I would really love to return the favour to him. But he is a proud person; doesn’t accept help from anyone. I don’t want him to be upset with me if I were to just deliver groceries to him without him knowing.
    I will be letting him know how much I care about him and how much I want to help him.
    Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate them and everyone sending him Metta.
    Hi Finn,

I really don't have much to add here, only that I can relate to your brother's position (and yours) in my own way. I do not have siblings (but I've had aunts), but have a similar childhood background in "having to fend for myself" in a variety of basic needs and development. Your story has opened my eyes a bit, as I had never considered the impact it has on a person from childhood onward.

It can damage a person's ability to trust anyone -- especially for vital needs, surviving, etc. -- if one's guardians were not reliable or able to provide those needs during childhood. Whether for good reasons or reasons of neglect/abandonment (not speaking only to your situation), it can teach children to rely only on themselves and not to let others in -- or perhaps it can take years before a person may feel someone can be trusted even at a superficial level.

I've known others in similar circumstances -- and I am the same way (still working on it). I may be completely off in my assessment here (if so, I apologize and please disregard) -- but I personally agree with the approach of telling your brother how much you appreciate him and care about him, and thanking him for having been there for you throughout your lives. Opening a dialogue can be helpful -- it can be very difficult to reach out to anyone and reconnect without some open communication.

Another thought... I don't know if this will work with your brother or not, but if you know his favorite foods, needs, etc. -- would he accept it if you pick something up and just say "I was out shopping and saw this item, so I picked it up for you, because I remembered how much you like this. Hope you don't mind." And just make it like a gift, or something casual -- not something extra that will make him feel like he's receiving a handout or feels obligation to. (Not your intention, I know, but I've been there, and there's a psychological difference between a handout and a true gift of love with no conditions or attachments.)

As Tokan said, I hope I am not being presumptuous, but I feel for your situation, and hope it will work out in a good way for both of you. I also personally refuse help often out of pride (dislike being pitied or put on a disability pedestal). I admire your sincere intentions and love for your brother, and I wish you both much happiness and healing.

I apologize for my long post -- written in hopes to be helpful, no offense or disrespect intended (ever).

gassho, meian stlh
    優婆塞 | Ubasoku
    迷安 | Meian
    ------------------------------------
    Please do not take anything I say as teaching or advice.
    I've lived and practiced with chronic illness/pain for years, but am not a Dharma teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    Finn,

Have you been talking with him? Is he at least doing ok? I hope so.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    Hi Geika,

Yes I have been in contact with him. I talk to him daily. He lives across the country and we haven’t been able to connect in person for over 15 years (Long story).
    He’s on the mend. He said that he still feels very fatigued and has absolutely no appetite. He still has chest congestion and a cough. He said that he is mostly feeling better.
    Thank you for asking about him.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Hi Finn,

I really don't have much to add here, only that I can relate to your brother's position (and yours) in my own way. I do not have siblings (but I've had aunts), but have a similar childhood background in "having to fend for myself" in a variety of basic needs and development. Your story has opened my eyes a bit, as I had never considered the impact it has on a person from childhood onward.

It can damage a person's ability to trust anyone -- especially for vital needs, surviving, etc. -- if one's guardians were not reliable or able to provide those needs during childhood. Whether for good reasons or reasons of neglect/abandonment (not speaking only to your situation), it can teach children to rely only on themselves and not to let others in -- or perhaps it can take years before a person may feel someone can be trusted even at a superficial level.

I've known others in similar circumstances -- and I am the same way (still working on it). I may be completely off in my assessment here (if so, I apologize and please disregard) -- but I personally agree with the approach of telling your brother how much you appreciate him and care about him, and thanking him for having been there for you throughout your lives. Opening a dialogue can be helpful -- it can be very difficult to reach out to anyone and reconnect without some open communication.

Another thought... I don't know if this will work with your brother or not, but if you know his favorite foods, needs, etc. -- would he accept it if you pick something up and just say "I was out shopping and saw this item, so I picked it up for you, because I remembered how much you like this. Hope you don't mind." And just make it like a gift, or something casual -- not something extra that will make him feel like he's receiving a handout or feels obligation to. (Not your intention, I know, but I've been there, and there's a psychological difference between a handout and a true gift of love with no conditions or attachments.)

As Tokan said, I hope I am not being presumptuous, but I feel for your situation, and hope it will work out in a good way for both of you. I also personally refuse help often out of pride (dislike being pitied or put on a disability pedestal). I admire your sincere intentions and love for your brother, and I wish you both much happiness and healing.

I apologize for my long post -- written in hopes to be helpful, no offense or disrespect intended (ever).

gassho, meian stlh
    Hi Meian,

Yes childhood trauma has made a huge impact on myself and my brother’s lives. We had a misunderstanding years ago and didn’t speak for years because of it. I was thinking about him years later and how much I missed him. I text him and we reconnected and have been speaking with each other ever since. Our family is not one to discuss problems that arise; they will cut you out before you have a chance to say anything. We grew up best friends; he was always there for me as kids.
    I don’t find your post (or anyones) presumptuous at all. I appreciate your care and concern.
    I would love to try out your suggestion of buying him something that he really enjoys and giving it to him “as a gift.” I do think that this would go over a lot better than buying him groceries behind his back. I don’t believe that he would be mad at me if I were to do this. We live on opposite sides of the country here in Canada. He lives in British Columbia while I live in Ontario. I could use a delivery service to send something to him.
    Thanks again for your input.

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

Metta to Bonnie and her wolf friend.

Metta to my wife and kids. We got Covid and tested positive yesterday. My wife is the most affected. The kids and I are all right.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat

Metta to the wolf Loki and everyone touched by the death.

Metta to Mateus, his wife and children. I hope you all recover well and quickly.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Metta to wolves, and those who lose someone close.

Metta to Mateus and his family. And to all those who are ill.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    Sat
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Metta to the family, friends and teachers of 9 year old Olivia Pratt-Korbel, murdered by an unknown gunman in her own home in Liverpool, UK. Metta to her killer too.

Gasshō
    Seiko
    Stlah
    清 Sei (Pure)
    光 Ko (Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Great support can be gained by sitting quietly amongst friends.

Metta to all victims of violence and to those who do violence, victims of the poison within.

Gassho, J

STLah

Metta to all involved in crimes as victims or perpetrators. May there be peace in human hearts and human relations.
    Gassho
    Mateus
    Sat LAH

Metta and sitting for one of our old Treeleaf members who had an unexpected trip to the ER yesterday, is back home now but still a bit ill.

Gassho, J

stlah

Metta to our friend and to all who suffer from health problems.
    Gassho
    Mateus
    Satlah

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Metta to all here and theirs, and all beings.

Metta request for my beloved mother-in-law, Shirley Buff, who is in hospice and failing at 94. She's not too uncomfortable at present, but has been sorting though some griefs and missed opportunities, as many do at such a time.

AL9nZEULJc7D0QOue_xpZeZLiRUJ4RvXuUDk0Tu9nP4jHxucUd75eXOPxrU4M0ai655Gt_j4Wsur8MO8JPiGvvx5dwNxP291.jpg

gassho
    ds sat, some lah
    Visiting unsui, take w/salt.

Metta Thread

Hello everyone,

I usually don’t do this often because there are so many out there that need love and metta that I want to make sure their posts are being seen. And even if I don’t respond in this thread often, I do read it and always sit metta for all of you.

I am asking for metta for myself and my mother if you would be so kind friends.

My mother has been in the hospital for two weeks with many ailments. She is getting better though.

I myself however am hopeful to avoid any more hospital for now and I am on ordered bed rest. I have been put on six medications due to blood pressure, blood clots and heart ailments to try and get my levels correct. (Genetics unfortunately. These things run in my family. Bad breeding perhaps, lol.) with all of this I have been unable to work and provide for my family. But my wonderful wife who is like no one I have ever met has stepped up until I am well enough in helping support our family.

I have been very weak and to get out of bed is a chore to say the least. I have never felt so helpless to rely on others, but it is also very humbling and I find it to be good practice if that makes any sense.

My mother on the other hand is doing better with her situation but I figured some more metta her way could do no wrong.

I have to admit I am frightened. If my levels do not get to where they need to be soon and I end up back in the hospital. I tend to dread the next doctors visit, lol. I’m not frightened or worried for myself, but for my family. Worried for my loved ones. I am only human after all, with a deep zen practice that holds no bounds. But these worries seem to peak up when I look at them. I want nothing but happiness for them. But again, who wouldn’t want happiness and beauty for their loved ones?

I still am keeping my commitment to Ango and Jukai this year, whether it be on bed rest, in a hospital or otherwise, period.

The meds have made my hands very shaky and I feel weak most of the time but I will do the best I can.

Thank you everyone and may you and your loved ones find you in good health.

Much metta to everyone in this thread who has had hard times. I will sit for you.

I am sorry for running long.

Gassho
    Bobby
    SatTodayLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bobby; 08-25-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    🙏🙏🙏

Metta for Shirley Buff, may she find peace with her life and much love in the present moments

And metta for you, Bobby, and your family. You are doing the right things-- take care of yourself and go easy on yourself as you heal.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Quote Originally Posted by Geika View Post
    Metta for Shirley Buff, may she find peace with her life and much love in the present moments

And metta for you, Bobby, and your family. You are doing the right things-- take care of yourself and go easy on yourself as you heal.

Gassho
    Sat, lah

As Geika spoke so nicely, I will re-post with my metta to you all, may each moment bring love to you and your families.

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

Quote Originally Posted by Shōnin Risa Bear View Post
    Metta to all here and theirs, and all beings.

Metta request for my beloved mother-in-law, Shirley Buff, who is in hospice and failing at 94. She's not too uncomfortable at present, but has been sorting though some griefs and missed opportunities, as many do at such a time.

AL9nZEULJc7D0QOue_xpZeZLiRUJ4RvXuUDk0Tu9nP4jHxucUd75eXOPxrU4M0ai655Gt_j4Wsur8MO8JPiGvvx5dwNxP291.jpg

gassho
    ds sat, some lah
    Much metta to your mother-in-law, Shonin. May she be healthy and free from suffering.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    Hello everyone,

I usually don’t do this often because there are so many out there that need love and metta that I want to make sure their posts are being seen. And even if I don’t respond in this thread often, I do read it and always sit metta for all of you.

I am asking for metta for myself and my mother if you would be so kind friends.

My mother has been in the hospital for two weeks with many ailments. She is getting better though.

I myself however am hopeful to avoid any more hospital for now and I am on ordered bed rest. I have been put on six medications due to blood pressure, blood clots and heart ailments to try and get my levels correct. (Genetics unfortunately. These things run in my family. Bad breeding perhaps, lol.) with all of this I have been unable to work and provide for my family. But my wonderful wife who is like no one I have ever met has stepped up until I am well enough in helping support our family.

I have been very weak and to get out of bed is a chore to say the least. I have never felt so helpless to rely on others, but it is also very humbling and I find it to be good practice if that makes any sense.

My mother on the other hand is doing better with her situation but I figured some more metta her way could do no wrong.

I have to admit I am frightened. If my levels do not get to where they need to be soon and I end up back in the hospital. I tend to dread the next doctors visit, lol. I’m not frightened or worried for myself, but for my family. Worried for my loved ones. I am only human after all, with a deep zen practice that holds no bounds. But these worries seem to peak up when I look at them. I want nothing but happiness for them. But again, who wouldn’t want happiness and beauty for their loved ones?

I still am keeping my commitment to Ango and Jukai this year, whether it be on bed rest, in a hospital or otherwise, period.

The meds have made my hands very shaky and I feel weak most of the time but I will do the best I can.

Thank you everyone and may you and your loved ones find you in good health.

Much metta to everyone in this thread who has had hard times. I will sit for you.

I am sorry for running long.

Gassho
    Bobby
    SatTodayLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Much metta, Bobby, to you, your mother and all your family and loved ones. May you be healthy and free from suffering. May your Ango and Jukai be a great time of practice.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah

To our mothers, our relatives, friends ... and to ourselves in our own ailments.

Gassho, J

stlah

Metta to all mentioned, may you all find healing, sending you my best wishes. If you ever need someone to talk Bobby, here I am

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast