Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consider Joining our "Zazenathon" Sitting for Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Consider Joining our "Zazenathon" Sitting for Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Would you? Could you?
    We’re trying to gauge interest as a sangha in a plan to celebrate Treeleaf’s 10th anniversary in 2016 with a 24 hour-a-day Zazen vigilence for the 10 days leading up to Trealeaf’s anniversary. During these 10 days, we would have at least one member of Treeleaf sitting Zazen constantly. Sangha members could sign up for 15 minute, half-hour, or hour time slots.

Would you, could you take a turn sitting to celebrateTreeleaf’s 10 year anniversary?

Could you, would you
    sign up to sit for a single time slot? Or two time slots during the ten days? Or maybe one time slot every other day for ten days? Or even one dedicated time every day?

There are over 800 active members of Treeleaf! Could we do it? Do we want to do it? Although members can sign up for a single period of 15 minutes of Zazen during the 10 days, we would need some members who would be willing to sit more, or we would not have enough people.

If those sitting were to volunteer to sit for a total of 60 minutes sometime over the 10 day period, we would need 240 members.

If members committed to sit 30 minutes every other day, we would need 96 members.

Committing to sit 30 minutes every day, or one hour every other day, we would need 48 members.

And of course, if members signed up for a dedicated hour every day, we would need only 24 members.

Could we do it?
    Would we like to do it?

If you would and could, please post here, so that we can gauge the interest in this plan to celebrateTreeleaf’s 10th! If we have enough interest, we will send out details later.

Gassho, Grace

P.S. No worry if you should have an emergency, there will be a small group whom you could message who would take over your time period for you.
    P.S.S. If we have enough people, there is no reason that we couldn’t have 2 Treeleaf members sitting at all times during the 10 days! Now, wouldn’t that be amazing!

Sat today plus 10 minutes more (in honor of Ango and Treeleaf’s 10th!)
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-30-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Hello,

Good idea. Will participate as needed.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Hi Grace,

That's a great idea! I'm up for it.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Hi Grace,

I would be happy to participate.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Yes I can participate.

Gassho,

Randy

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Lovely. Count me in!
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Great idea, count me in! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

When is the actual anniversary? I take my boards in January. After that I become a normal human again and would love to participate.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Nengyo View Post
    When is the actual anniversary? I take my boards in January. After that I become a normal human again and would love to participate.
    Hi, Nengyo! Congratulations of reaching the end of the rainbow! I know that you have been working very, very hard!

It will be after January. The online anniversary is in March, and Dosho, the Treeleaf historian of everything online, is trying to find the very first post to find the exact date. : ) Gassho, Grace.

Sat today plus 10 more (in honor of Ango and Treeleaf's 10Th!)

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nengyo View Post
    I become a normal human again
    Normal human being? It is really quite boring over here. =) *hehehe*

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

I would be interested!

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

I will sit at least a 30min slot everyday, I'm GMT+10 which should be useful.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

I would love to participate in this!

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Count me in!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Count me in too please.

Gassho, Jennifer
    Sat today

I'm there!

(This reminds me of a terrible old joke for some reason) ...

Sam and Leah, both in their 80's, are discussing the possibility of getting married. Leah says, "If I marry you, Sam, I’ll want to keep my poodle, Chi Chi. She’s my life."
    "That's OK with me," replies Sam.
    "And I’ll also want to keep my Lexus," Leah continues.
    "That's also fine with me. It won’t be a problem," says Sam.
    "And not only that," says Leah, "I’ll want to make love 6 times a week, without fail."
    "That's no problem with me," says Sam. "Put me down for Mondays."

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Hi.

In.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

#sat2day
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

The perfect way to celebrate. Just sitting...no here , no there... count me in.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Getchi View Post
    I will sit at least a 30min slot everyday, I'm GMT+10 which should be useful.
    That will be wonderful to take that time slot every day! Hope we get enough people! We're heading there! : ) Gassho, Grace.

Sat today plus 10 more (in honor of Ango and Treeleaf's 10th!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I'm there!

(This reminds me of a terrible old joke for some reason) ...

Sam and Leah, both in their 80's, are discussing the possibility of getting married. Leah says, "If I marry you, Sam, I’ll want to keep my poodle, Chi Chi. She’s my life."
    "That's OK with me," replies Sam.
    "And I’ll also want to keep my Lexus," Leah continues.
    "That's also fine with me. It won’t be a problem," says Sam.
    "And not only that," says Leah, "I’ll want to make love 6 times a week, without fail."
    "That's no problem with me," says Sam. "Put me down for Mondays."

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    That is so funny! I'd never heard it. My husband is rolling on the ground in laughter! Thanks for the laugh today! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Ango and Treeleaf's 10th!

You can count me in on this as well.

Great idea!

Gassho,
    Brooks sat today
    "The victorious ones have said that emptiness is the relinquishing of all views. For whomever emptiness is a view, that one has achieved nothing." - Nagarjuna

Count me in. Love the joke Jundo!

Gassho,
    Eddie #sattoday

I will be there daily.

Gassho,
    Caisson

sattoday

Count me in.

I am GMT+1, probably till the end of March (never know when we restart DST), so I could do a fixed hour in the mornings around 6am GMT+1.
    This might be shortly after the East coast evening sits??

Would sit at weird times to fill gaps (European weekends and nighttime).

If the engineers could create and keep a "room" in hangouts for the whole time (with maybe a "dummy" account all time in), it would be easier for me to just jump in with my phone - I don't see anything on my screen, but obviously I am broadcast (in my pajamas...) .

Fiddling with my sllloooowwww computer at night time to set up the following hangout would make things more inconvenient.

As we trust each other, a fill-in-name-list would suffice, too, I guess.

Great idea!

Regarding the joke, I've sometimes heard that one becomes enamoured with zazen, but never in such an explicit comparison .
    (Taking note to ask about that during precepts study...)

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Nindo
    Sounds great. Lover of spread sheets that I am, I couldn't resist drafting a schedule

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

Once we have the dates and everything sorted, I can make the schedule editable for folks to put their names in.

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    Sounds great. Lover of spread sheets that I am, I couldn't resist drafting a schedule

Once we have the dates and everything sorted, I can make the schedule editable for folks to put their names in.

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday
    Thank you Nindo.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Nindo, that's awesome!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday
    Wow, that is some hardcore spread sheet work.

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Hi, you might want to try Signup Genius for this. We used it for a couple of events where I work and it functioned really well. It even sends out reminders. Here is the URL: http://www.signupgenius.com/

Gassho, Jennifer
    Sat today

I can sit each day for an hour.

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Good afternoon, I'll join daily when this occurs.

Gassho,

Shujin

sat today

Hello all!! I'll participate!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    That will be wonderful to take that time slot every day! Hope we get enough people! We're heading there! : ) Gassho, Grace.

Sat today plus 10 more (in honor of Ango and Treeleaf's 10th!)

10pm my local time would be best - kids are asleep and I have the house to myself. Bad weather knocks out my connection though.

And Jundo, very nice joke man hehehe.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

I sit daily from 6:20 to 7:00 dutch time. I wouldn't mind sitting some more if that time doesn't fit into the schedule.
    anyway, count me in

Gassho,

Ongen
    Sat Today
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source

I would be interested. I could do an hour.

..sat2day•合掌

I'd love to participate. I sit an hour every day (morning and evening), but I don't know when the dates are for this (around the holidays limits my sitting a bit). Anyway, I'm in. Great idea.

Gassho,
    Alan
    sattoday
    Shōmon

Wow! We are starting to roll!

We need at least 48 early committers to open the throttle, however. If we have that much beginning interest, I am sure that we can add needed members as we get closer to the actual sitting dates, but I feel that this number would be a good indicator if we could manage it overall.

Thank you Nindo and Jlatzgo for the early work and suggestion! Maybe you two could take this over and figure out how to share the schedule the easiest?

Gassho, Grace.

Hi, Grace. I'll be there in March.
    Shinzan
    _/st\_

Nindo
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    Wow! We are starting to roll!

We need at least 48 early committers to open the throttle, however. If we have that much beginning interest, I am sure that we can add needed members as we get closer to the actual sitting dates, but I feel that this number would be a good indicator if we could manage it overall.

Thank you Nindo and Jlatzgo for the early work and suggestion! Maybe you two could take this over and figure out how to share the schedule the easiest?

Gassho, Grace.

I can look into sign up genius, whether it is easier than the spread sheet. With the spread sheet, we could do a mock sign up and see how folks' commitment would spread out over the days and how many slots that would cover.

For ease of planning, I suggest running the 10 days from a Friday to the following Sunday close to the "founding date", rather than worrying about the exact date of the first post. I think a Fri-Sun schedule would be easier for folks to plan and remember.

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

Count me in too.

Gassho,

Simon

Sat today

Count me in for one 30 minute morning and a 30 minute evening period Dutch time ( I think thats Gmt +1 in March?)

Gassho

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    Mu

I'm in the US Mountain Time time zone, and I usually sit in the evenings. By January, I hope to be up to 30-ish minutes a day, and I would be honored to sit in observation of the 10th anniversary! Count me in!

Count me in as well.

Gassho,
    Matt
    #SatToday

Please count me in as well. I can sit for 30 mins. every day. Looking forward to celebrating 10 years with you all!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei
    sattoday

Great idea! I am in. 30 minutes daily..

Gassho,
    Sergey
    sat2day

I'd be Happy to do it

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today

Joyo
    Hello, count me in as well. Right now, I sit most mornings for 15 min, and evenings for 20-30 min.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Yes, happily.

Gassho
    Meishin
    sat today

What a lovely idea! Count me in on this, definitely!

Gassho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast