Thread: Wanted: Treeleaf Looking for Zen App Designers!!

Wanted: Treeleaf Looking for Zen App Designers!!

Hi,

Treeleaf Sangha is looking for talented App designer(s) to create some Shikantaza and other Zen themed Apps for Iphone and Android.

The Apps themselves will be simple, minimalist in approach … not complicated or intricate … but I am looking for awesome and captivating designs, something to really touch folks, totally pro.

If you have such a calling and the talent, please pm or email me at jundotreeleaf@gmail.com. I am looking for someone(s) gifted with some highly refined skills and edge. Software and Zen related game designs also welcome. I will simultaneously be looking widely in the Zen community.

In the past, translators, painters and calligraphers left there mark on the Buddhist world. Now is the time for app and software designers and artists to do the same.

We can cover expenses, work out something, and the rest is Samu … with the chance to really touch peoples’ lives and help the sentient beings.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Last edited by Jundo; 08-05-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Jundo!

I am not a programmer, but I can design the interface. Please count with me for this project

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'm a Java developer; I'm not familiar with developing IOS Apps, but I think Android is based on Java, so I would be interested as well.

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

My plate is rather full at the moment, but if there's even a little way I can help, I'd like to.

I've played a little with Android for testing making a game for an Android console. I would definitely suggest, rather than building apps through OS-specific methods, to instead use a framework where you can pretty much build once and push out the app to multiple ones. This would make it not only easier to get something out on both iOS and Android, but even other ones too.

Testers would be needed to help iron out the off bits, but I'm sure we've got plenty of those here.

Gassho,
    Stacy

#SatToday
    Last edited by Stacy; 08-07-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Would you like suggestions for apps? Ive found only one good Zazen timer online, but perhaps a collection of famous temple bells could be a start?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zentimer&hl=en

And heres one of my fav games;
    http://www.koanoftheday.com/trails/
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Hello !

I would love a good zen timer. One feature that is not available in any meditation or zazen timer is the ability to randomize the time : for example, setting up an interval between 25 and 30 minutes during which zazen ends. Not knowing when zazen ends would be cool, almost as having incense burning for timing. I use timers all the time and i get used to the time i sit ; i begin to really know when the zazen period is over, seriously, it's like it just comes to my mind "oh, the bell will ring" and it rings on the next breath. It would be cool to be able to break habits.

So if you develop a zen timer app, it would be cool if it features a random timer.

Gassho,

Ugrok, Sat Today

Beyond timers and anything complicated, what is planned is very simple, minimalist ... barely there. Not complicated I believe.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Hmm. If it's that level of simplicity, I might take you up on the challenge, Jundo. I bet I could figure that out.

Got a bit of a crazy rest of the month ahead, so we'll see.

Gassho,
    Stacy

#SatToday

This useful Zazen app named Undo

http://www.higan.net/feature/2011/02/undoenglish.html

My old friend know planner of this app.

Maybe Jundo know him.His name is Seigaku-san

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    This useful Zazen app named Undo

http://www.higan.net/feature/2011/02/undoenglish.html

My old friend know planner of this app.

Maybe Jundo know him.His name is Seigaku-san
    Thank you Mr. K.

The apps I am planning are not Zazen timers, and really very very simple.

But maybe best Zen App does nothing at all!? Just a white, blank screen when opened?

Gassho, J

SatToday

Now that Undo app sounds great. It's a virtual kyosaku!

WHACK!

No pain, just sound... unless it gives you an electric shock.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Hi Jundo,

I would love to help out with designs. (it's also my day job to design apps and usability)

Gassho
    Ongen.
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source