Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTENTION: Special Zazenkai SATURDAY with Rev. TAIGEN DAN LEIGHTON

Thank you all for your involvement; especially Jundo for making all of this Suchness possible. And, thank you to Taigen for coming and sharing your passion with us. We are now in charge of this great matter and must carry on; hopefully with much compasion. I've been reading "Just This is It " off and on for a few months now and looking forward to rereading with this new perspective you have conveyed.
    gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you very much for making this possible.
    Gassho,
    Ralf sat this GMT+2 Monday morning with you.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Sorry to have missed it.
    That really hurts. Can't even re
    member what I was doing Saturday.
    I'll watch it now.
    Rats.

Sat2day.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Sitting this now.
    Gassho,
    Matt
    #SatToday

Thank you so much for making this possible, Jundo, Taigen, Sangha and the technology making it possible to go beyond geographical distance and even beyond time distance. I'm reading the book, this talk will make it all the more inspiring. I like what Taigen says about living on the mountain peak and having to come down again - with the mountain perspective.

Gassho
    Roland
    #SatToday

I see this video and sit together!

Thankyou deeply for making this talk available! Sick kids mean I had to wait to watch it properly.

Great questions, and it was wonderful to see Taigen's passion for his work come through.

I do have one question if anyone can help; the part where it was said "if there was a path, there would be a mountain between us" and the description of "the birds way" - does this point to buddha-nature (suchness, etc.) being a state we humans naturally find by instinct when the "monkey-mind" is not indulged? And is this linked with the arising of boddhisatva thinking? (ie; compassion, equanimity, tolerance, etc.). I would have loved to ask at teh time, but I missed it.

GAssho,
    Geoff.
    SatToday.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Quote Originally Posted by Getchi View Post

I do have one question if anyone can help; the part where it was said "if there was a path, there would be a mountain between us" and the description of "the birds way" - does this point to buddha-nature (suchness, etc.) being a state we humans naturally find by instinct when the "monkey-mind" is not indulged? And is this linked with the arising of boddhisatva thinking? (ie; compassion, equanimity, tolerance, etc.). I would have loved to ask at teh time, but I missed it.
    A "just sit, and find-non-find out for oneself" question if I ever heard one.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-29-2015 at 12:42 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Aaaaah, beautiful!
    Thankyou

I will do/not do exactly that

Gassho
    Geoff.
    SatToday.
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Hi,

Don't know about you but I rather have monkey mind than donkey mind.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Thank you so much!

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Thank you Jundo, Taigen, thank you all
    Gassho
    Gi shu-George
    Gi Shu -George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12