Thread: Short Retreat...

Short Retreat...

Hi everyone,

I'll be staying in a Theravadin Monastery for a week on a sort of self driven retreat. I have stayed before, its a pretty stringent regime - up at 4am, last meal at 11:30am etc.... But its worth it for the silence and being among the beautiful countryside here in the south of England.

Any advice for what will be my first 'Zen' retreat in a Theravadin environment...?

Didn't sit today! I'm afraid i have been working ridiculous hours so address the current patient waiting list (psychologies NHS) and slept through! :/
    Sat today

Hello,

It's all practice.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Hi!

What a wonderful experience that must be!

Here in my city there is just one seon (Korean zen) sangha and some Tibetan groups. When I go sit with any of them, I just sit and do what they do and try to learn and see as much as I can.

So just enjoy the visit. It's all part of Practice in this life.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Hi Tony,

I believe you asked the same question just a few weeks ago. I thought I was having deja vu (or memory of a prior life).

Same response!

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post155033

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Tony,

I believe you asked the same question just a few weeks ago. I thought I was having deja vu (or memory of a prior life).

Same response!

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post155033

Gassho, J

SatToday

So I did... ....guess who's a little stressed out then!
    Sat today