Thread: May 29th-30th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

May 29th-30th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-30-2015 at 01:01 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there live. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Will be on the road. If able to keep the kids quiet in the hotel room will participate live.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

See you there!

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

I'll be here with bells on.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Joyo
    I will be there

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Will have to sit this one over the weekend

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Joyo
    That's ok, Kyonin, we will still be there with you.

I will try to attend the whole thing, but if I leave early it's because I am putting my kids to bed.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Will be/here there

Gassho

Daizan

sat today

Deeply bowing out early. Will catch up on the second sitting over the weekend.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

I was 'in' at the beginning, but got bumped (I am a slave to my apartment building's internet service; I don't think I had the bandwidth today for Google+). But I was still with you all! Hope to see you next week!

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Mp
    Thank you everyone, thank you birdie, and thank you cereal in the lap. =) Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Joyo
    Thank you everyone--Jundo, Dosho, birds, all.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    just sat

Great weekend all.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Yes, the little starlings came looking to build their nest, flew at me head at precisely the 52:45 mark. All my Zen cool also flew away ...

I guess I picture this in my mind ...

Big Zen phoney!

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-30-2015 at 04:10 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you all.
    Have to sit up in the middle of the night with you some day. Already caught me practicing waving back to you ;-).

Gassho, Ralf
    sattoday.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Yes, it's a "bird-in-my-face" AND happy to see you!

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    Last edited by Myosha; 05-31-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Fast reaction time, Jundo.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat today

Thank you all.
    I enjoyed that

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Jeremy
    Thanks all.
    That bird is the stuff koans are made of.
    "What is the meaning of enlightenment?". A bird flew into his head

Gassho,
    Jeremy
    Sat Today

Thankyou again Jundo!

My wife's family is Scottish, and apparently a Starling flying in the house through a window represents communication and messages of hope. It recognises truthful speaking. Apparently, flying at your face represents having to confront an issue of social standing in front of others but all over it is a positive omen. I think it is appropriate to someone bringing the messages you do in the form you take

Of course, take it with a pinch of salt; i'm also not supposed to look at the moon through glass, which makes my astronomy interests difficult lol. Also, dont drop the pinch of salt, its a bad omen!

Gassho,
    Geoff
    #SatToDay
    Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Thank you all who sat and will sit

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍