Thread: Treeleaf Retreat in Maine August 6-9 2015

Yugen

Treeleaf Retreat in Maine August 6-9 2015

Dear all,
    I'd like to announce that I will be hosting a Treeleaf retreat in Maine August 6-9 2015. This will be the inaugural event of Blue Pine Zendo, a Tree Leaf affiliate. You are all welcome and invited to attend!

Our retreat will be a mix of traditional zazen and outdoor practice/exploration. We will be hosting the retreat in the Camden, Maine area, where the mountains meet the sea. We will have access to a traditional New England barn for zazenkai and service, and most likely will camp out in the Camden Hills area. There is a marvelous state park there which runs right up to the ocean and a small mountain overlooking all with a trail system as well. I'd like the theme of this practice period to be "mountains and rivers walking."

Depending on attendance and participation, we can organize various activities and if there is an interest, I would not be opposed to leading some Martial arts practice (no experience necessary). Blue Pine Zendo will be a place of zen and martial arts practice - after all, the fist and zen are one (ken zen ichi nyo). Practicing outdoors will be invigorating and not unlike the practice environment of many monastics in Japan and China...

The nearest major airport is Portland, Maine (PWM) and Amtrak is an option to Portland or Brunswick, Maine.

Please indicate in this thread if you are interested in attending - I will post further details in coming weeks. I hope we can practice together!

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Last edited by Yugen; 05-04-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Kyotai
    I am interested Yugen.

Gassho, Kyotai
    sat today

Yugen,

I'm definitely interested!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Why don't you invite Stephen King too? *I'm a big fan!

It'll be great, a good retreat to you all.
    _/|\_

Kyōsei

強 Kyō
    声 Sei

Namu kie Butsu, Namu kie Ho, Namu kie So.

I'm interested. It will depend completely on the whims of the god of clinical rotation scheduling, but if I can make it I will.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Sounds wonderful, Yugen.

Too far for me although, but I wish all of you attending, have a nice sesshin.

gassho,
    Daiyo

#SatToday
    Gassho,Walter

Hi Yugen!

Thanks for the invitation. Sadly I won't be able to attend, but if you plan on streaming over Hangouts, I'll be there!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Kyotai
    It seems I threw my hand up a little too quickly without checking with the boss first. We have a wedding to go to that weekend which makes me unavailable for this retreat weekend. I am fairly disappointed but it is what it is.

Gassho, Kyotai
    sat today

Hi Yugen,

Blue Pine Zendo! That is truly exciting, I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as it develops. I would love to attend the retreat if I can get away, but cannot commit at this time.

Thank you Yugen for sharing your practice,

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Yugen,

This sounds wonderful! I would love to attend, but I don't think I can manage it this summer, we shall see though. Thank you for the invite. I look forward to following along with this endeavor.

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Would love to come but unfortunately I won't be able to. Will happily sit online though if there are any live sittings!

Gassho,

Simon

Sat today

Mp
    Wonderful stuff Yugen, I would love to attend, but sadly I won't be able too. But if you have wifi I would be more than happy to sit with you all via this ocean of technology. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Joyo
    Thank you, Yugen. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend either. I wish you all a wonderful retreat.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

I wish I could be there, Yugen, but being pretty much directly on the other side of the globe makes it a little difficult for me! We will get a chance in the future, though. Congratulations on the establishment of Blue Pine Zendo; a significant development! ;-)

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-
    Last edited by Anshu Bryson; 05-06-2015 at 02:31 AM.

This sounds incredibly awesome! I so wish I could go.

..sat2day•

Yugen
    Dear all,
    I will do my very best to offer some part of the retreat via G+. Our zazenkai will be held in an area with wifi. Other areas during outdoor practice may have spotty coverage. I will have my iPad with me so will see what we can do.

Kyotai, if I moved the retreat back one weekend to July 30 - August 2 would that make it possible for you to attend? I have to reserve campsites this week so let me know if this helps..... I can't go later in August due to sesshin and then family vacation.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Kyotai
    Yugen. I will PM you.

I would definitely be interested, I miss Maine. Cost will be the determining factor though

Yugen, (by the way, my iPad just autocorrected that to "hugeness!") I would like to come too. At present I don't know what exactly my summer work schedule will be but I probably should be able to make those dates.

Gassho, Jennifer

I too am interested, if I can make it happen I will.

Gassho,
    Daijo

Sat Today

It sounds wonderful, but due to finances can't attend in person.

Gassho,
    Meredith
    SatToday

Yugen,
    This sounds wonderful, but this year it is just not in the cards. Hopefully you will be doing this for summer 2016 as that would be doable.
    Gassho,
    Jisen/BrianW

Yugen

Hello all,
    I am revising the date of the Treeleaf retreat in Maine to August 20-23 - I am just recovering from a respiratory virus which has set me back schedule-wise (work, guiding/teaching/Treeleaf, and family) pretty severely. I will not be prepared for the August 6-9 time window. The format will be much the same. If you are interested in attending, please PM me - I would like as much as possible to know who is coming by August 10. I will have approximate cost information posted this weekend.

Thank you and Deep bows
    Yugen
    Last edited by Yugen; 07-17-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Yugen,

I did PM you about this yesterday but I haven't received a response so I am posting here too. It took me a while to sort out my work schedule but I am able to come to the retreat. My husband is coming along too so he can share the driving but he won't be participating in the retreat. Because of my work schedule, we can't leave until Thursday and then we'll have to drive 8+ hours from Pennsylvania so I will not be taking part in the retreat activities until Friday. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone and helping out wherever needed.

Thank you, Jennifer

Yugen

Hi Jennifer,
    I'm just catching up on PMs and posts as I have been away this weekend. I'm glad you are coming to the retreat. We will be a small practice group which will be great. I will be sending out a retreat schedule and details to attendees this week so stay tuned.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day