Thread: March 27th-28th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

March 27th-28th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

NOTE: WE ARE OFF AIR FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES NEAR START. In the future, I will disable anti-virus software downloads during Zazenkai, which are the source of the glitch.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-10-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there live with bells ready. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

I'll be there, live or semi-live. (heheehee)
    _/st\_ Shinzan

Hi!

I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I am on the road today. I will be there live if I get home in time. Otherwise I will sit one way.

Thank you all for your practice.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Joyo
    Hello everyone, I do plan on being there live. If that changes, I'll sit one way during the week.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Will be here/there

Gassho
    Daizan

In Brisbane (Australia) on my way to Vanuatu to assist with the recovery of our office there, which was recently hit by a typhoon; I'll have to sit with you all on my return next week!

Gassho,
    Anshu/Bryson

sat in the dark on the Singapore-Brisbane leg!

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshu Bryson View Post
    In Brisbane (Australia) on my way to Vanuatu to assist with the recovery of our office there, which was recently hit by a typhoon; I'll have to sit with you all on my return next week!

Gassho,
    Anshu/Bryson

sat in the dark on the Singapore-Brisbane leg!
    Will be sitting with you and for everyone hit by or affected by that typhoon. Be safe.

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Can't seem to get into the Hangout, even though a few of you have. Sitting along nonetheless.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    Thank you everyone ... always wonderful to see you. And thank you anti-virus for the great practice. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Joyo
    Thank you everyone. Dosho you were part of it all too

My sangha-mate (my dog Yoshi) says hello as well.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Gassho and thank you

Daizan

sat today

Lovely sitting with you all. Listening to the little morning birds outside the zendo, and the little evening birds outside my window, I felt so glad. For me, the ambient sounds are part of just sitting.
    I'll be working on my video gremlins again this coming week. Until I see you again......
    _/\_ Shinzan

Thank you everyone.

Gassho,

Shoka
    Sattoday

Hi Everyone,

As I mentioned ...

From our next 90 minute Zazenkai ... on April 10th-11th ... I am planning to begin one hour later (seems to be slightly more convenient for folks coming home from work and such). If you have comment or difficulty with that, please PM me.

I believe I have figured out how to disable the anti-virus during netcast to prevent interference ... I have heard of "malware" ... but this is MARAware!! (little Buddhist joke)

I am working on a way to mute the microphone here during sittings to improve ambient noise (I will turn it on and off at a distance for bell ringing with a wireless mouse).

April is the start of the new school year in Japan, and many new folks moving to Tsukuba, so hope to engage in a local campaign to make us better known and get some more folks to sit live in Tsukuba.

Thanks guys.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-28-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you all.

Just sat the first time Zazenkai with you.
    I couldn't make it outworld-realtime in the night, but was just on time at Treeleaf o'clock.

Gassho, Ralf

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Hi all, I didn't sit Zazenkai with you in person, but I had a good reason. It had to do with my new volunteer job, and it might mean a person delivered from the wreckage of his past, and that's all I can say. I will catch the video. It's going on 3 am here in frigid South Dakota, and I am happy. We must hope that the 8 fold path can be appealing to a man who has everything to live for. I can say of myself that I am very happy, but not overly optimistic.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    much metta
    Gassho _/\_

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho,
    David
    sattoday

Thank you all who sat and will sit.

Have a lovely weekend

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all.

Jundo, of course the teacher decides when he wants to mute his Zendo, but I personally would enjoy hearing students come and getting things explained, helicopters and birds singing, all very non-busy.
    I can't understand Japanese, and if I wanted quiet, I could put the sound low.

But of course, it might be so the new people do not feel embarassed to ask what to do.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    Thank you all.

Jundo, of course the teacher decides when he wants to mute his Zendo, but I personally would enjoy hearing students come and getting things explained, helicopters and birds singing, all very non-busy.
    I can't understand Japanese, and if I wanted quiet, I could put the sound low.

But of course, it might be so the new people do not feel embarassed to ask what to do.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday
    It is worth a discussion. I have posted a little survey ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...nts-and-Others

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday

Will be sitting this tomorrow evening.
    Gassho,
    Matt
    #SatToday

Greetings from the tropical Pacific!

I have some internet connection today here in Vanuatu, but only in the office, so can't sit with this one until I get back to Jakarta. I am in nice accomodation with lots of cushions, tho , so I can still sit quite comfortably...!

I should be back online for next week's Zazenkai. C u all then!

Gassho,
    Anshu/Bryson

sat today

Thank you
    Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today!

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat today

Thank you for my first Zazenkai.