Thread: Metta to all

Metta to all

During the last hour, two things have touched me deeply:
    My mother got the happy news that the tumor she was operated on is benign.
    An Airbus crashed over France, probably ever Person got killed, and a friend might be the pilot.

I said metta for all receiving different news than my mum.
    I said metta for my friend, should he be involved, and his wife and kids.
    I said metta to all involved, all are somebody's mother, somebody's father or friend.

Thank you for listening to a slow learner.
    Metta to all.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

That's great about your mum, Danny.

We're just getting news about the Airbus. A tragic loss of life. So sorry for all affected.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Kyotai
    Glad all is well with your mom Danny.

Metta for the victims of the crash.

Gassho, Kyotai

Mp
    Wonderful news about your mom Danny.

Very sad new of the airbus, much metta to all who have lost their loved ones.

Gassho
    Shingen

Just Sat

Metta to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

-Sekishi #sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

That must be such a relief Danny. Yes much metta to all who are suffering.
    An ex pupil told me his girlfriend committed suicide and he couldn't get there in time because he had to take a ferry ride. So much anguish everywhere!
    Gassho Heisoku
    Sat today
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Metta for all.
    I'm very glad about your mom, Danny.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Metta to all. Happy to hear the news about your mom.

..sat2day•

Let us sit for all sentient beings receiving good news today, and for all those suffering loss today.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Metta to all
    Gassho, David

sattoday

I heard news from my friend, he was not on the Airbus, but is devastated about the catastrophe.
    He has lost colleagues and friends on that flight.

I'll be sitting this night for the victims' friends and families, especially those who have lost children.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

PS Thank you all very much for sharing my relief about the good news for my mum.
    Last edited by Jika; 03-24-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Joyo
    Happy for your mum, and metta to all. So very sad.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Excellent news about your mum Danny.
    metta to all the victims and there family's

gassho,
    Dave sat today.

Much metta to all

Gassho,
    Hotetsu

#SatToday
    Forever is so very temporary...

Hi Danny,

Sitting in silence for the contrasts we get to experience in this life.

Much metta.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Let us sit for all sentient beings receiving good news today ...
    Someone wrote to ask me why I would sit and offer Metta for those who have received good news.

In fact, "Dukkha" ("suffering" and “dissatisfaction” in a Buddhist sense) includes even happiness if we cling to the happy state, demand that it stay, are attached to good news, material successes, pleasures and the like, refusing the way life may otherwise go. That is also the “self” placing judgments and demands on life. The going with the flow, being just the flow flowing flowing, does not only include the sunny days, rejecting the rain.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-25-2015 at 05:24 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Someone wrote to ask me why I would sit and offer Metta for those who have received good news.

In fact, "Dukkha" ("suffering" and “dissatisfaction” in a Buddhist sense) includes even happiness if we cling to the happy state, demand that it stay, are attached to good news, material successes, pleasures and the like, refusing the way life may otherwise go. That is also the “self” placing judgments and demands on life. The going with the flow, being just the flow flowing flowing, does not only include the sunny days, rejecting the rain.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Thanks for this teaching, Jundo

Gassho,
    Anshu/Bryson

sat today
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-25-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Nindo
    Metta and bows.
    Nindo

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Yes! I just recently received some really good news, and strangely I have to say it created a certain about of dukkha and anxiety in me. There are a whole host psychological reasons I am sure we could explore about that, however I really resonate with what you are saying here. But I am left sitting with now that I have the good news, how do I handle it. Relief and new pressures all at the same. All in flux and impermanence.

This is not to take away from the misfortunes and suffering from those mentioned in this thread, especially that terrible air accident.

Gassho
    Ishin

Sat Today!

Metta to all.

Gassho,

simon,

sat today