Thread: Our Special "Grass Hut" Zazenkai & Talk with Ben Connelly is Here! Please Sit-A-Long!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our Special "Grass Hut" Zazenkai & Talk with Ben Connelly is Here! Please Sit-A-Long!

THIS IS THE MAIN PAGE FOR THE EVENT

WELCOME to our special "Grass Hut" Zazenkai guided by Ben Connelly ...

The festivities are expected to last about 90 minutes to 2 hours, and will begin at 11pm Japan time Sunday (that is New York 10am, Minnesota 9am, Los Angeles 7am, London 3pm and Paris 4pm, all Sunday March, 22nd).

The content will consist of one sitting of Zazen (30 minutes), Kinhin (5 or 10 minutes), a Talk by Ben (25 minutes or so), followed by a Q&A.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT BEN and his wonderful book "INSIDE THE GRASS HUT: LIVING SHITOU'S CLASSIC ZEN POEM" are HERE (LINK)

A list of our "two way" live sitters is below. For "one way" sitters, the Zazenkai will be visible on the following screen during the above times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ... We are all "not two" way sitters! PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE WAY SITTERS CAN EMAIL ME QUESTIONS FOR BEN DURING THE LIVE Q&A (jundotreeleaf@gmail.com), AND I WILL TRY TO ASK HIM AS TIME ALLOWS.

MAIN SCREEN

Gassho, Jundo

=============================

SEAT ASSIGNMENTS:

I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT, DUE TO EMERGENCY TRAVELS BY JUNDO, I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE HANGOUT OPEN, SO SOME PEOPLE WILL NEED TO BE ON STANDBY.

We have 8 seats in the Hangout which will be on the Treeleaf Google Plus homepage (LINK). A few people, however, are on STANDBY for that group. The "STANDBY" folks should not try to come UNTIL I ANNOUNCE & REQUEST PEOPLE ON STANDBY IN CASE THERE ARE SEATS REMAINING at netcast start time. After that, IF there are still seats open before Ben's Talk, PRIESTS can come in last during Kinhin when I call for "Priests" if there are still open spots.

I WILL OPEN THE HANGOUT, AND TRY TO SEND OUT INVITATIONS ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE ZAZENKAI BEGINS (as soon as I make sure Ben has gotten there. We practiced once, so Ben knows what to do).

The people for this group are:

Daiyo
    Shinzan
    Anshu
    Hotetsu
    Matt
    Joyo
    Shoka
    Sekishi
    Jundo
    Ben Connelly

Standby (by request)
    Danny B (Standby)

Priests (on Double-Standby): Kyonin, Shingen, Dosho, Shugen (first come basis)

QUESTIONS FROM ONE WAY FOLKS DURING Q&A: I will be checking my email during the Q&A portion for questions to Ben from "One Way" folks. If you are a "One Way" participant who is not in a hangout, please email me (jundotreeleaf@gmail.com) any question to Ben, and I will try to read him as many as possible. PLEASE EMAIL ME DURING THE Q&A PORTION, NOT NOW!!

Of course, we are all sitting in the boundless Grass Hut with Master Shitou!

Gassho, Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 03-22-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE