Thread: Latin American Sesshin - Zen América del Sur

Latin American Sesshin - Zen América del Sur

Hi dear sangha, for those of you who might be interested, with Jundo's approval, I would like to post a link to a 5-day Sesshin being held by several latin american sangha in Uruguay.

http://www.zenamericadelsur.org/#!retiro-uruguay-2015/cn5h

The event will have the presence of many well known teachers from latin america among them Densho Quintero from Colombia, Coen Souza from Brazil, Jisen Oshiro from Peru and Senpo Oshiro from Argentina (the last one is the teacher of Nanzenji, the local sangha with whom I sit weekly). Itsudo Kagamishima, a priest from the japanese Eiheiji temple, will be also participating.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to important and unavoidable family reasons, but wanted to share this with those of you who speak spanish or portuguese, because events of this magnitude are not common in this part of the world and it would be a good possibility to share practice, listen to teachings and live the experience of zen practice with many teachers and seasoned practitioners.

I hope this information is useful, and some of you have the possibility to attend.

Zen practice is slow but steadily growing in South America, in 2013 a celebration for 110 years of Zen practice in South America was held in Peru, and in 2014 the 1st Latin American Zen Encounter was held in Buenos Aires.

The sound of the han calling for zazen is starting to be heard in more and more places in South America.

Gassho,
    Daiyo / Walter

#SatToday
    Last edited by Daiyo; 03-05-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: grammar corrected
    Gassho,Walter

Nindo
    I'm sorry you won't be able to go. But great to hear this is happening.

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

Daiyo!

Gracias por el enlace.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Thank you Daiyo ... wonderful to see the Dharma spreading far and wide. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Gracias por la liga!

Sadly, I won't be able to attend

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍