Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Memory of My Teacher, Gudo Wafu Nishijima Roshi ( & re-issue of his book )

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Would it be beneficial to read "To Meet the Real Dragon" prior to this one? Unfortunately I'm not seeing it(the former) on Amazon.

[Update] I do see it (Dragon) in paperback. Interesting when on the "A Heart to Heart Chat on Buddhism" book, if you click Gudo Nishijima, it's the only book that is listed. But if you go to the top and search, the other books come up.

Rodney SatToday

Well, it should not be allowed to go out of print. I will write to Nishijima Roshi's other students and see if there is anything I can do to help to get it back into print.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Willow that's encouraging and exciting, can't wait to read them both!
    Jundo, thank you! The out of stock on "To Meet the Real Dragon" is concerning indeed. We all should review these books to, methinks, get them in the Amazon radar. Looks like Barnes & Nobel have 3 paperbacks left, I plan on ordering one in the morning!
    Gassho,
    Rodney-SatToday

Just ordered "A Heart to Heart Chat". I know this is probably obvious, but if you are lucky enough to have a good library system, you can just check out a book and read it. It's free!

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

I'm a spoiler, I go through the pictures first.
    Do we have the honour to know the right ear on page 196?
    (No, I'm not gonna wait for a flood to reach my balcony and look at my own ear.
    It would not have been captured in that beautiful moment.)
    I'll engrave this face into my visual cortex, and the deep, honest dedication will help me when in need.
    If it's a Bro, deep bows and thanks.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Hi Danny,

That's me on page 196. But what about my ear?

Gassho, J

Beautiful ear.
    Didn't dare to ask more directly.
    Or even more bluntly.
    Thanks.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Thank you. I have two.

Gassho, J

Book arrived

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Daizan View Post
    Book arrived

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today
    Mine did as well. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Hi. Just read the section on dependent origination, and found his description of the twelve links very fresh and clear. It conveys a living process nicely. I can never hear the abc's enough. Thank you for making available this book , Jundo.

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today

Got "Heart to Heart Chat with Old Master Gudo" on Kindle. Yay!
    And received "To Meet the Real Dragon" from Barnes & Noble ... only 2 left there. None at Amazon that I could find ...
    IMG_0949.jpg

Arrived!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

My book arrived today from Amazon! I checked the tracking; it went from NJ to Indonesia in 4 days, then, for some reason Amazon cannot explain to me, was re-routed to Singapore which was when they 'lost' it. I think it was just taking a little holiday...! 3 weeks later (!) it is finally here; I can't wait to get into it!

Gassho,

Bryson

sat today

I've bought the Kindle version and am reading it.
    I would like to have the printed version, but I guess it will never arrive.

Anyhow, it's very nice to read Roshi's own words.

I'm enjoying it.

Gassho,
    Daiyo

#SatToday
    Gassho,Walter

We are lucky enough here in Indonesia to have the Lunar New Year as a public holiday, so I have just had a four-day long weekend, in which I was able to read the book from cover to cover. Thank you so much, Jundo, for bringing Nishijima Roshi's teachings to us through this wonderful book (as well as through your own teaching). In explaining some of the foundational teachings of Buddhism, it highlights Gudo's particular 'take' on the featured topics. The narrative/conversational style of the book keeps it 'alive'; it never falls into the trap of being a dry, 'Buddhism 101' primer. My copy is bound to become dog-eared from regular reading!

Gassho,

Anshu

sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Anshu Bryson View Post
    We are lucky enough here in Indonesia to have the Lunar New Year as a public holiday, so I have just had a four-day long weekend, in which I was able to read the book from cover to cover. Thank you so much, Jundo, for bringing Nishijima Roshi's teachings to us through this wonderful book (as well as through your own teaching). In explaining some of the foundational teachings of Buddhism, it highlights Gudo's particular 'take' on the featured topics. The narrative/conversational style of the book keeps it 'alive'; it never falls into the trap of being a dry, 'Buddhism 101' primer. My copy is bound to become dog-eared from regular reading!

Gassho,

Anshu

sat today
    Gee, well then, kindly post a review if you can!

http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Buddhism...2417332&sr=1-1

And, by the way, no need for reviews to be positive. All sincere reviews welcome, positive or critical or both!

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday

Jundo your ears are definitely kool
    Gassho
    Jon te

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12