Thread: Our way.

Our way.

This thread is just for sharing a drawing I did today. It is a sweet illustrated reminder of our practice.

Gassho.

#Sat2Day

B8USU8QIEAA_Rj5-1.jpg
    Dancing between stillness and motion I find peace.

Joyo
    This is a very good picture to show what we do. Thank you for sharing.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

What do the words say in English? I like your drawing

..sat2day•

I like your drawing. I also wondered what the words mean in English.
    Thanks for sharing.

Gassho
    Theophan
    Sat Today

Like it.

SAT2day
    Kind regards

Erik

The guy on the cushion looks not unlike brother Brad!

Thank you for sharing.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Thanks Kid!! Yes, this is how I see things too

The text in English says...

Tomorrow Loya (someone's name)...
    He told me that...
    I have to...
    I hate it when...

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Our way.

Thanks for the translation, Kyonin, sorry for not answering sooner, been busy with some family stuff. Thank you all for the comments. Have a great day.

Gassho

#Sat2Day

Mp
    Thank you kidbuda ... =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Thank you Kidbuda and Kyonin. Me likes!

..sat2day•

Ah, yes. But do you see that true Zazen is the Big "P" Paper! Not just small paper. Not only blank, unwritten, unused paper ... nor paper made of wood or light ... but Paper that comes to life with all creations?

Do not see only the drawing, missing the forest for the trees!

Yes, the clear, boundless, white, open, nonjudgmental Paper that holds all drawings ... words or no words, smiles or tears, beautiful or ugly, thoughts or no thoughts, Loya and love and hate, English and Spanish and silence and words, sitting or standing, blank space or line, straight or bent ... all that appears and more that does not. Thoughts or no thoughts, the Paper rejects none. The paper is not only the absence of thoughts, but is present in any story or picture. (yet sometimes we need to sit and quiet the thoughts to realize the fact. Nonetheless, do not think that the point is to grab an eraser and make the story or image disappear! Rather, come to see that story and paper are one! What we and other draw there, beautiful and ugly, peace or war, is our world, this life).

Scissors or no scissors cutting thoughts do not matter, for this Paper Cannot Be Cut and is present whether smooth or wrinkled and torn, both living trees and ashes!

Please do not see only the drawing but miss the Truth.

Gassho, J

SatToday

PS -

You and I are lines and words on Paper, folded Paper. Buddha is folded Paper folding Paper. Paper folding Buddha, Buddha Papering folds.

PPS -

TNH is also a paper teacher ...

“If you are a [manga artist], you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud, there will be no rain; without rain, the trees cannot grow; and without trees, we cannot make paper. The cloud is essential for the paper to exist. If the cloud is not here, the sheet of paper cannot be here either. So we can say that the cloud and the paper inter-are. “Interbeing” is a word that is not in the dictionary yet, but if we combine the prefix “inter-“ with the verb “to be,” we have a new verb, inter-be.

If we look into this sheet of paper even more deeply, we can see the sunshine in it. Without sunshine, the forest cannot grow. In fact, nothing can grow without sunshine. And so, we know that the sunshine is also in this sheet of paper. The paper and the sunshine inter-are. And if we continue to look, we can see the logger who cut the tree and brought it to the mill to be transformed into paper. And we see wheat. We know the logger cannot exist without his daily bread, and therefore the wheat that became his bread is also in this sheet of paper. The logger’s father and mother are in it too. When we look in this way, we see that without all of these things, this sheet of paper cannot exist.

Looking even more deeply, we can see ourselves in this sheet of paper too. This is not difficult to see, because when we look at a sheet of paper, it is part of our perception. Your mind is in here and mine is also. So we can say that everything is in here with this sheet of paper. We cannot point out one thing that is not here – time, space, the earth, the rain, the minerals in the soil, the sunshine, the cloud, the river, the heat. Everything co-exists with this sheet of paper. That is why I think the word inter-be should be in the dictionary. “To be” is to inter-be. We cannot just be by ourselves alone. We have to inter-be with every other thing. This sheet of paper is, because everything else is.

Suppose we try to return one of the elements to its source. Suppose we return the sunshine to the sun. Do you think that this sheet of paper will be possible? No, without sunshine nothing can be. And if we return the logger to his mother, then we have no sheet of paper either. The fact is that this sheet of paper is made up only of “non-paper” elements. And if we return these non-paper elements to their sources, then there can be no paper at all. Without non-paper elements, like mind, logger, sunshine and so on, there will be no paper. As thin as this sheet of paper is, it contains everything in the universe in it.”
    I would add not to miss that the paper is also the life and love and loss of the poem or drawing, and so are they all the rest in turn.
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-28-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Wowˇ thanks Jundo. Very deep, very true, easily unseen.

Gassho.

#Sat2Day

Deep bows

Gassho

SatToday

Kidbuda,

I love this, it is way cool, love your style, thank you for sharing it

Rather, come to see that story and paper are one! What we and other draw there, beautiful and ugly, peace or war, is our world, this life.
    Scissors or no scissors cutting thoughts do not matter, for this Paper Cannot Be Cut and is present whether smooth or wrinkled and torn, both living trees and ashes!
    Please do not see only the drawing but miss the Truth.
    You and I are lines and words on Paper, folded Paper. Buddha is folded Paper folding Paper. Paper folding Buddha, Buddha Papering folds.
    I would add not to miss that the paper is also the life and love and loss of the poem or drawing, and so are they all the rest in turn.
    Jundo, wow, straight to my heart, these words. This is the sword (scissors?) of Manjusri. Thank you, Teacher.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Thank you.

Deep bows on white paper.

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍