Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Special Zazenkai & Talk with Abbot Mujo of Antaiji is Here! Please Sit-A-Long!

Our Special Zazenkai & Talk with Abbot Mujo of Antaiji is Here! Please Sit-A-Long!

THIS IS THE MAIN PAGE FOR THE EVENT

WELCOME to our special Zazenkai guided by the Abbot Muho Noelke ...

... LIVE from Treeleaf Tsukuba and Antaiji!

The festivities are expected to last about 90 minutes of so, and will begin at 9pm Japan time Sunday (that is New York 7am, Los Angeles 4am, London Noon and Paris 1pm, all Sunday January, 25th). Muho and I apologize that the hour is a bit early for those on the North American West Coast (you will also need to rise before 4am), but I could not ask a man who gets about at 3:30am every morning to lose more sleep. He is already very generous to schedule this in what is really the middle of the night for him!

The content will consist of one sitting of Zazen (30 minutes), Kinhin (5 or 10 minutes), a Talk by Abbot Muho (25 minutes?). followed by a Q&A.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MUHO, ANTAIJI & TODAY's ZAZENKAI can be found HERE (LINK)

A list of our "two way" live sitters is below. For "one way" sitters, the Zazenkai will be visible on the following screen during the above times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ... We are all "not two" way sitters! PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE WAY SITTERS CAN EMAIL ME QUESTIONS FOR MUHO DURING THE LIVE Q&A (jundotreeleaf@gmail.com), AND I WILL TRY TO ASK HIM AS TIME ALLOWS.

MAIN SCREEN

Gassho, Jundo

=============================

SEAT ASSIGNMENTS:

We have 8 seats in the main Hangout which will be on the Treeleaf Google Plus (LINK). A few people, however, are on STANDBY for that group. The "STANDBY" folks should not try to come UNTIL I ANNOUNCE & REQUEST PEOPLE ON STANDBY IN CASE THERE ARE SEATS REMAINING at netcast start time. After that, IF there are still seats open before Muho's Talk, PRIESTS can come in last during Kinhin when I call for "Priests".

I WILL OPEN THE HANGOUT, AND TRY TO SEND OUT INVITATIONS ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE ZAZENKAI BEGINS (as soon as I make sure Muho has gotten there. We practiced once, so Muho knows what to do).

The people for this group are:

Daizan
    Ishin
    Meikyo
    Daitetsu
    Shinzan
    Adrian
    Joyo
    Meredith
    Jundo
    Muho

Sekishi (Standby)
    Troy (Standby)
    Simon (Standby)

Priests (on Double-Standby): Shingen, Yugen, Dosho, Shokai, Shugen (first come basis)

We will also have an experimental second Hangout on our "Jukai 1" page (LINK). What I will do is run that on a second computer, with a separate internet connection and try to position the camera so that it shows the other computer showing Muho (don't try to figure that out, you'll see what I mean). It may not work, and I apologize if not. However, the people in there are Sekishi, Troy, Simon and all Priests (Shingen, Yugen, Dosho, Shokai, Shugen). You may enter at any time, I will try to send invites about 15 minutes before Zazenkai begins.

QUESTIONS FROM ONE WAY FOLKS DURING Q&A: I will be checking my email during the Q&A portion for questions to Muho from "One Way" folks. If you are a "One Way" participant who is not in a hangout, please email me (jundotreeleaf@gmail.com) any question to Muho, and I will try to read him as many as possible. PLEASE EMAIL ME DURING THE Q&A PORTION, NOT NOW!!
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-28-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

The Hangouts Are Open.

Come on in!

Gassho, Jundo

Uh oh. I've been trying to get in for ten minutes and nothing is working. Don't know if it's operator error or what!

Gassho,
    Meredith

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I have an invite to group 1 only, but I am supposed to be in group 2. Sitting... ^_^
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I am in the Treeleaf G+ page in one way mode.
    It´s wonderful hear Muho live.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today

I'm able to watch in one way mode so it's all good

Gassho,
    Meredith

SatToday

Joyo
    I got kicked out and tried for quite awhile to get back in, but for some reason I am unable to. So I will finish watching one way.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you so much everyone, and especially our guest. Really excellent questions were asked as well.
    Gassho
    Ishin

Sat Today

Deep thanks to Muho for sitting and talking with us. Thank you Jundo for arranging this. Thank you all for participating.

Deep bows.
    Sekishi
    #sattoday

Mp
    Wonderful ... thank you Muho and Jundo for making this time possible. Was lovely sitting with you all this early morning. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Thank you Muho, Jundo, and everyone. Deep bows

So good, so good for Treeleaf, to meet with wonderful teachers.

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today

Our Special Zazenkai & Talk with Abbot Mujo of Antaiji is Here! Please Sit-A-...

Sorry I did not make it live. I have the stomach flu really bad and 6 am was just to early this morning. I am looking forward to sitting with it soon

I will sit later today

Thank you Jundo, Muho & everyone for this wonderful opportunity!

Unfortunately, by the the time I figured out how to join the Hangout, it was full. This gave me the chance to sit with lots of not so compassionate thoughts toward myself!

Muho's talk was extremely interesting & it was great to sit with everyone taking part.

_/\_
    Ade
    Sat today

What a wonderful way to start the day! Thank you to Muho for the talk. Deep bows to Jundo for organizing this.

Gassho,

Shoka

Sat Today

Thank you for the talk Muho. That was very inspiring. And thank you Jundo for putting this together.

Gassho,

Simon

Sat today

Lovely talk. Thank you very much, Abbot Muho, for sharing your very interesting and inspiring story!

It is a great reminder that just as Muho creates Antaiji, we create Treeleaf. There is no Treeleaf other than us.

Thank you all for your practice.
    Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

That was wonderful, indeed!
    Thanks a lot everyone!

@Kokuu and Troy (and everyone else who is ill right now):
    Get well soon!

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Joyo
    Thank you to all who joined this morning, and to Jundo and Muho. It was a wonderful talk and I learned a lot.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

What a wonderful way to start the day. I hope those who are ill can watch the talk when they feel a little better. Many thanks to all involved with putting this together--I know it was a lot of work

Gassho,
    Meredith

SatToday

Thank you to Muho and Jundo! And thank you to all the wonderful people that make Treeleaf the place that it is.

Deep Bows,

Shugen

#sattoday

Shugen
    明道 修眼
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

A great thank you to all involved from me!
    Inspiring.

Deep bows
    Meikyo
    SAT TODAY!
    ~ Please remember that I am very fallible.

Gassho
    Meikyo

I really enjoyed watching this. Thanks!

Gassho,
    Jamen
    sat today

Thank you all very much for this inspiring event.
    Herzlichen Dank an Abt Muho.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Nindo
    Sat. Thank you for the thoughts on how we are creating our practice environment and even our teacher.

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

Just a reminder on donations. They really live hand to mouth there ...

PS - They live almost exclusively by donations at Antaiji, no small expense in maintaining such a place. So, I am going to ask all our Treeleaf members who benefit from Muho's visit (not only the folks joining live, but those who will sit later or just listen to his words), to offer a donation for their upkeep there (if you can afford) It is a special place. Here is the link.

http://antaiji.org/?page_id=8418&lang=en

Gassho, Jundo

Mp
    Thank you Jundo for making that zazenkai possible, it was lovely. I have made a donation. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sattoday

Thank you for the reminder Jundo and Shingen.
    Dana done! ^_^

Deep bows,
    Sekishi #sattoday

Hi Jundo,

I´ve tried it again, but that just works with paypal, which I do not want. Is there another possibility?
    I do not want to register in the paypal. There was a good argument against it. So I quit. But now I cannot
    donate to places where they want it.

Gassho, Ernst
    Sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Daitetsu View Post
    @Kokuu and Troy (and everyone else who is ill right now):
    Get well soon!
    Thank you Daitetsu. My fever is gone and I and starting to get my appetite back

I watched the Zazenkai today. Thank Jundo for organizing this. Thank Muho for the talk. I enjoyed it. Thank you Sangha for sharing your practice with me.

Love you guys

..sat2day•

Thank you Jundo for making this possible. Thank you Muho for the opportunity to hear of your journey. Thank you Sangha for this shared practice.

Ernst I just made a donation using Mastercard without registering with Paypal, so it might be possible for you.

Gassho
    Meishin
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstguitar View Post
    Hi Jundo,

I´ve tried it again, but that just works with paypal, which I do not want. Is there another possibility?
    I do not want to register in the paypal. There was a good argument against it. So I quit. But now I cannot
    donate to places where they want it.

Gassho, Ernst
    Sattoday
    Hi Ernst,

Please write to Antaiji and ask them if there is another way. Thank you for doing so.

http://antaiji.org/practice/contact/?lang=en

Gassho, Jundo

Is there another possibility?
    Yes, Ernst, there is:

swap to the German website version (upper right).
    Then choose the amount you would like to donate and click "donate".
    This leads you to paypal, BUT below the paypal sign in there is also the equivalent of other payment options ("Kreditkarte"/Lastschrift").

I think this is more obvious on the German site, on the English site it just looks as if they want you to create a new paypal account.

I use paypal, so I have not tried further, but maybe these options (though lead via a paypal website) would be OK for you?

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

PS See Meishin's post, but for us Krauts it is probably advisable to try with the German site, not to be asked US-creditcard numbers...

Thanks Muho. Great talk and love your smile. 😊
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thank you Jundo and Muho. We all come to zazen from so many places and histories and sit as one. Wonderful talk.
    Gassho
    Heisoku
    Sat today.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

I was travelling overseas when this was 'live', so have just had a chance to look at it. Having read some of Muho's writings (e.g. about posture and length of sitting, etc.), I expected him to be quite conservative and traditional, but he appears to be very open and inclusive. It was great to hear his story; all of us come to this practice in so many different ways.

Gassho,

Bryson

sat today

I will make a donation to Treeleaf Zendo in the future, and please allow me to give what I can. I am not a rich man and I receive only a small amount. I would like to participate in Zazenkai on line if possible. I have a Google account and the required hardware. Hopefully I can receive some instructions about my participation.
    Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Elgwyn View Post
    I will make a donation to Treeleaf Zendo in the future, and please allow me to give what I can. I am not a rich man and I receive only a small amount. I would like to participate in Zazenkai on line if possible. I have a Google account and the required hardware. Hopefully I can receive some instructions about my participation.
    Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    Hello Elgwyn,

No donation at all is required to participate here. If you do wish to donate something, whatever someone can is always welcome. I know that any of our Priests will help you participate, and get you set up, so please write to any of them and they will walk you through (Shingen, may I volunteer you?).

Gassho, Jundo

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hello Elgwyn,

No donation at all is required to participate here. If you do wish to donate something, whatever someone can is always welcome. I know that any of our Priests will help you participate, and get you set up, so please write to any of them and they will walk you through (Shingen, may I volunteer you?).

Gassho, Jundo
    Yes Jundo, not a problem, I will connect with Elgwyn. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

I was easily able to set up a monthly payment through PayPal. Thank you, and I hope my donation goes far.

I have a problem. My daughter lives in Hokkaido. We Skype with her every Saturday evening about the same time as Zazenkai. I will for the present rely on the videos for sitting meditation. Ninety minutes is a bit long for my beginning concentration and focus. So I will sit for between 30 and 40 minutes with the video on Google plus. I have Treeleaf Zendo designated to receive my postings on Google. In the future I would like to participate in the sitalogs and at that time someone might help me begin the live participation.
    Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho.

Shingen

I want to begin participating at the full possible ways, which means I might need help learning fow to use the live "hangout " is that what Google calls it? I can for the present sit with the videos, and in the future I would like to participate in the sitalogs, Zazenkai.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho

Mp
    Shingen

I want to begin participating at the full possible ways, which means I might need help learning fow to use the live "hangout " is that what Google calls it? I can for the present sit with the videos, and in the future I would like to participate in the sitalogs, Zazenkai.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    Hello Elgwyn,

I would be more then happy to help you out. Send me a PM with some times that you are available and I can walk you through the process. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Nindo
    I received a nice note from Muho Sensei with a snowfall update. They definitely have more than Edmonton

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

I will be available at 3 pm US Central Time and if that is not available how about 8 pm Central Time US or Sat 3:30 US Central?

I was very happy to sign up for $5 a month and really happy to help out with a place that is becoming dear to my heart and remember I am a poet with two books to my credit. But poets are really poor, so remember that this money is what I can afford Elgwyn, MFA, sat today Gassho..

I have such gratitude for being accepted at Treeleaf, and I have so much to learn. Elgwyn MFA creative writing Colorado State University.

I was very happy to sign up for $5 a month and really happy to help out with a place that is becoming dear to my heart and remember I am a poet with two books to my credit. But poets are really poor, so remember that this money is what I can afford Elgwyn, MFA, sat today Gassho..
    It's very very expensive to hang out here. It costs NOTHING! And you get what you pay for. NOTHING!

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Thank you Jundo, thank you Muho, thank you dear Sangha!

Wonderful Q&A!

Dana done.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Antiji has for decades held a mythical quality for me. Nothing mythical there. It is where the rubber meets the road, the reality of Zen Buddhist practice for the sake of Zen Buddhist practice. Zazen with no toys, they say Uchiyama Roshi used to call their practice. A bunch of renegade zennis gathered there just to sit. What a nutty idea, almost like the ancients. How crazy is that? Pure sanity if you look around.
    To see Muho sensei live, so relaxed in this life, on of that kind of totally dedicated Dharma practice, was wonderful for me.
    I sit with students of students of Uchiyama Roshi and feel first hand their awesome dedication to the Dharma. One, ordained by a student of Deshimaro Roshi another of Kodo Sawaki's fire-spiting dragons, lives a constant practice in gentleness and good humor, sits zazen like stone. Man, that is what I wanna be when I grow up: a gentle dharma fool.
    Deep vows to Jundo and this beloved sangha, and Muho and may Antaiji remain a strong, clear, no-nonsense becon of Dharma reality for all the world.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast