Thread: Interesting blog post

Interesting blog post

Hi everyone! I just stumbled across this blog post at work:

http://www.patient.co.uk/blogs/pro/2015/01/letting-go-of-ourselves-how-opening-our-minds-will-let-us-understand-our-patients

Although it doesn't mention Zen or Buddhism & is aimed at medical professionals, I think it reflects many aspects of our practice here. I especially like the final sentence:

"Greet each new person with the zest with which you approach a new novel: without assumption, without preconception and with open arms and mind."

_/\_
    Ade

Sat today

Thank you, Ade. That is a lovely article, and even more so as it is written by a health professional.

I really like his redefinition of empathy:

'the process by which letting go of your own view, you may understand and share another person's experiences and emotions'.

Lovely!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Thank you for this post!

It will helpful for a couple of health pros I know.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Thank you Ade for the share. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Thank you for the post Ade,
    I especially appreciate it because give me some clues to redefine my work as a health care provider. I always tried to be present and compassioned in my interaction with patients, but it´s not always easy. Particularly when you are providing care to people coming from different cultures, like Amazonian indigenes or African folks.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today

Great post Ade. Thanks mate
    _/\_

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk