Thread: Titleless

Titleless

Death always brings on such a perception shift. I'm dumbing things down. All of Zen can be described in six words: Let Go, Be Kind, Be Mindful. Everything else is something extra. It's like the Diamond Sutra. Such a pivotal text, but really the most vital chapter is the first one. All of Buddhism is right there. Including a valuable lesson I've been given a lot around these parts. "Wash your bowl." Quite right, quite right.

Gassho, John
    Sat Today
    Last edited by Nameless; 01-17-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Thank you for this John,

Straight to the heart.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Joyo
    Thank you, John. Simple, wise words to live by.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    just sat

Mp
    Thank you John, simple and sweet. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Kokuu
    #sattoday

Yugen
    Deep bows John

Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool John!
    Thanks a million.

Gassho
    Meikyo
    SAT TODAY
    ~ Please remember that I am very fallible.

Gassho
    Meikyo

Cuts right to the heart--thank you for this.

I love it! You are very correct.

It reminds me of a quote by Ajahn Chah- "The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle"

Nindo
    Thank you Heion, I needed this.

Thank you, John
    Excellent

Gassho
    Theophan
    Sat Today

Thanks everyone, and great quote Heion! It sometimes seems we have to go through the ringer and be receptive to all the teachings, before letting them go and getting back to basics. Another Zen friend i talked to about this said, "Someone who is just getting acquainted with Zen might misunderstand this " Maybe. The guys who said, "Burn your sutras!" only said that after reading them over and over again.

Gassho, John
    Sat Today

Thank you John for your words and Heion for this quote about the practice.
    I found them really helpful to transmit in a few words what we pursuing in our path.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    All of Zen can be described in six words: Let Go, Be Kind, Be Mindful. Everything else is something extra. It's like the Diamond Sutra. Such a pivotal text, but really the most vital chapter is the first one. All of Buddhism is right there. Including a valuable lesson I've been given a lot around these parts. "Wash your bowl." Quite right, quite right.

Thank you John and Heion.

Nice reminders to sit with.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all. Important reminders. Gassho.

Sekishi
    #sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.