Thread: January 9th-10th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

January 9th-10th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-09-2015 at 11:50 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I I will be there live. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat today

I'll join you tomorrow morning.

Gassho,
    Walter

#SatToday
    Gassho,Walter

Will be there/here live.

Gassho
    Daizan

sitting shortly on G+

Hi guys,

Not sure if I will be able to join live. If not, I'll sit on Sunday afternoon.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there, altho perhaps not in G+.
    _/\_ Shinzan
    sattoday

I will sit this weekend. Fridays at 6 usually do not work for me because that is when I am leaving work.

_|sat2day|_

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hello friends,

I recently had a bit of a fall and sprained some things, bruised some things, and generally made a minor mess of this poor body.

I will join in a chair and see how it goes (sitting daily for a half hour has been fine, but 90 minutes may be a bit much). Anyhow, thank you all for supporting each other through practice.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#SatToday
    Last edited by Dosho; 01-09-2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Dosho accidentally edited Sekishi's message, which he didn't know he could do until just now. :(
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hello friends,

I recently had a bit of a fall and sprained some things, bruised some things, and generally made a minor mess of this poor body.

I will join in a chair and see how it goes (sitting daily for a half hour has been fine, but 90 minutes may be a bit much). Anyhow, thank you all for supporting each other through practice.

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#SatToday
    Ouch ... take it easy my friend. We will sit an A535 zazen with yah. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat today

I'll be here with bells on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hello friends,

So sorry to hear that my friend....if there is anything we can do please ask!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Participating.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Gassho and Thank you.

Daizan
    sat today

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and everyone, great to sit with you. See you at Jukai! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat today

Thank you everyone for your practice. Thank you Dosho. Thank you Treeleaf Altar. Thank you construction people.

Metta and speedy recovery Sekishi.

Gassho
    C
    Sat Today!

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for your practice. Thank you Shingen and Dosho for your well wishes. Thank you alter for your years of service. Particle board or ancient oak, both hold the sun of many summers and both express the Dharma flawlessly.

Deek bows,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thanks, everyone. Great ethereal sound effects today.
    _/\_ Shinzan

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Gassho,

Bryson

​sat today

Thanks everyone! Indeed something new with additional practice from construction noise.
    Sekishi, get well again soon! Always nice to see how people deal with minor and major obstacles in practice. During mid December I sat with 2 blankets when my cold was shaking me. As long as I'm not tied to a bed I can sit.

Now it's 3am here and time for bed.

Gassho and good night!
    Fabian
    #SATTODAY
    It's not about me. It's not about you. It's about us.

Thank you all!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Thanks to all who sat and will sit. Nice to sit with you.

Gassho,
    Walter.

#SatToday
    Gassho,Walter

Thank you Jundo, Dosho and everyone sitting this zazenkai,
    have a wonderful weekend!
    Gassho
    Myoku
    sat today

Thank you all very much.
    Thanks to the old altar, and thanks to the anonymous donor for making change possible.
    See you tomorrow.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Thank you all very much.

Gassho
    John
    sat today

Thank you dear Sangha!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Thank you all who took part, sat or will sit; including the altar and it's altarnate (sic)
    gassho

#Sattoday
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thanks everyone!

_/\_
    Ade

Sat today

Thank you all.

Sat today.

I am sorry for discovering this part of the site just right now and put my answer with such a delay.
    Thank you for inspiring my practice.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today