Thread: Question about Canadian Community

Question about Canadian Community

Let me say that this is the only Buddhist community forum that I usually post in and really have no idea what other places it would be appropriate. Also, I don't seek to defame, but to seek information in order to be fully aware of the Buddhist communities in North America.

Ok. With that being said. I am currently doing research to do a presentation on Buddhism to High School students. I searched for videos to help me with the task. I did find a couple including some from a gentleman by the name of Brian Ruhe, who he states is a Theravada lay teacher in Vancouver. This is his web page :

http://www.theravada.ca/brian-ruhe/

The video that I saw was pretty much benign. Seems interesting. I looked at the other ones. In some he is doing retreats. But. On the other ones he goes on anti-Semitic rants and praising Hitler. 😲

I visited his web page and seems pretty straight forward vipassana stuff.

Questions are. Who knows about the community he leads? Is it a real community in the Vancouver area? What's the background history on him?

Sorry. Didn't know where else to pose these questions.

Hi Eric,

This is a very troubled, confused individual who appears to be suffering some form of mental delusions, very dark. It is illness wrapped in a Buddhist dress. We should offer Metta.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-17-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE