Thread: November 7th-8th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai (reMINDer: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME CHANGES)

November 7th-8th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai (reMINDer: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME CHANGES)

Re-MINDer: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HAS ENDED. CHECK CURRENT START TIMES.

ALSO: If all works out, Bryson will be Chanting his own Translation of the Heart Sutra in INDONESIAN!

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-07-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Bryson posted this recently ...

================

I set myself an extra commitment for Ango; to compile an Indonesian version of the Heart Sutra... There are a number of 'standard' versions in Bahasa Indonesia, but they are often either poetic interpretations (very 'wordy') or literal translations (grammatically correct, but without the 'feel')... I wanted something I could chant, as well as something I could share with my friends here (Jakarta, Indonesia)... So, here it is...

Sutra Hati
    Sa/at/ Ar/ya/ Bo/dhi/sat/va/ A/va/lo/ki/te/sva/ra/ da/lam/Praj/na/ Pa/ra/mi/ta/,
    Ke/bi/jak/sa/na/an/ Sem/pur/na/*
    Men/da/pat/ pe/ma/ha/man/ ba/hwa/ ke/se/mu/a/ pan/ca/ khan/dha/a/da/lah/ ko/song/
    Hing/ga/ ak/hir/nya/, meng/a/ta/si/ pen/de/ri/ta/an/
    O/, Sa/ri/pu/tra/, ben/tuk/ ti/dak/-lah/ da/pat/ di/be/da/kan/da/ri/ ke/ko/song/an/
    Ke/ko/song/an/ ti/dak/ da/pat/ di/be/da/kan/ da/ri/ ben/tuk/
    Ben/tuk/ a/da/lah/ ko/song/; ko/song/ a/da/lah/ ben/tuk/
    De/mi/ki/an/ ju/ga/ pe/ra/sa/an/, pen/ce/ra/han/, pi/ki/ran/,ke/sa/da/ran/
    O/, Sa/ri/pu/tra/, se/mu/a/nya/ a/da/lah/ ke/ko/song/an/
    Tan/pa/ a/wal/, tan/pa/ ak/hir/, ti/dak/ ko/tor/, ti/dak/mur/ni/
    Ti/dak/ ber/tam/bah/, ti/dak/ ber/kur/ang/
    O/leh/ ka/re/na/ i/tu/, di/ da/lam/ ke/ko/song/an/, ti/a/da/ben/tuk/, pe/ra/sa/an/, pen/ce/ra/pan/, pi/ki/ran/, dan/ ke/sa/da/ran/
    Ti/a/da/ ju/ga/ ma/ta/, te/ling/a/, hi/dung/, li/dah/, ba/dan/,ba/tin/
    Ti/a/da/ ben/tuk/, su/a/ra/, ba/u/, ra/sa/, sen/tu/han/ mau/pun/dha/mma/
    Ti/a/da/ un/sur/ peng/li/ha/tan/, hing/ga/ ti/a/da/ un/sur/pi/ki/ran/ dan/ ke/sa/da/ran/
    Ti/a/da/ ke/bo/do/han/, ti/a/da/ ak/hir/ ke/bo/do/han/
    Ti/a/da/ u/si/a/ tu/a/ dan/ ke/ma/ti/an/
    Ti/a/da/ ak/hir/ da/ri/ u/si/a/ tu/a/ dan/ ke/ma/ti/an/
    Ti/a/da/ pen/de/ri/ta/an/,a/sal/ mu/la/ duk/kha/, le/nyap/nya/ duk/kha/, ja/lan/ me/nu/ju/ le/nyap/nya/duk/kha/
    Ti/a/da/ ke/bi/jak/sa/na/an/, pen/ca/pai/an/, dan/ ak/hir/pen/ca/pai/an/
    De/mi/ki/an/lah/, ka/re/na/ bo/dhi/sat/va/ ti/dak/ mem/pun/yai/a/pa/ yang/ per/lu/ di/ca/pai/, I/a/ ber/a/da/ dan/ ber/di/am/ di/ da/lam/ praj/na/pa/ra/mi/ta/*
    Ti/a/da/ rin/tang/an/ da/lam/ pi/ki/ran/
    Tan/pa/ rin/tang/an/ da/lam/ pi/kir/an/, I/a/ ti/dak/ me/mi/li/ki/ra/sa/ ta/kut/ ser/ta/ ti/a/da/ rin/tang/an/ ke/sem/pur/na/an/.
    Hing/ga/ ak/hir/nya/,I/a/ meng/a/ta/si/ kha/ya/lan/ men/ye/sat/kan/ dan/ men/ca/pai/ Nib/ba/na/ Se/ja/ti/
    Bud/dha/ da/ri/ ke/ti/ga/ ma/sa/ -la/lu/, se/ka/rang/, men/da/tang/
    Deng/an/ ber/san/dar/ pa/da/ Praj/na/pa/ra/mi/ta/*
    Men/ca/pai/ sam/yak/sam/bo/dhi/
    O/leh/ ka/re/na/ i/tu/, Praj/na/pa/ra/mi/ta/
    Man/tra/ a/gung/, man/tra/ peng/e/ta/hu/an/ a/gung/, man/tra/ti/a/da/ tan/ding/, man/tra/ ter/ting/gi/, man/tra/ yang/ pas/ti/ da/pat/ me/len/yap/kan/se/mu/a/ duk/kha/
    A/da/lah/ ke/be/na/ran/ mut/lak/, yang/ ti/dak/ mung/kin/ sa/lah/
    Deng/an/ ke/ku/a/tan/ Praj/na/pa/ra/mi/ta/ me/nyam/pai/kan/man/tra/ i/ni/
    Bu/nyi/nya/ de/mi/ki/an/: *
    "Ga/te/! Ga/te/! Pa/ra/ga/te/! Para/sam/ga/te! Bo/dhi/!Swa/ha/!"

Bryson

Hi!

I'll do my best to be live. I need to see a couple things done before the weekend.

Don't want to miss this version of the Heart Sutra!

Gassho,

Kyonin

#SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I have been 'locked out' of the Google+ sitting the last few weeks, so, after a few tweaks suggested by Dosho and Kyonin, I hope to be there to share this chant with you all. It is, however, my first time at this, so be gentle with me...

Gassho,

Bryson

​sat today

I will be here with bells on!

Gassho,
    Dosho

The date said October, and of course, it is in November!

A little time travel there. Thank you Dosho.

Gassho, J

Mp
    I too will be there live! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#SATTODAY

Be there.

Gassho,
    Jeff #sattoday

I will be there live, one-way. Gassho, Matt J

Will be there/here first thing next morning.

Gassho
    John
    Sat Today

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I will try my best to be there live tonight. Thank you all for your practice.
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

The Hangout is open.

Gassho, J

I have no hangout notification

Yugen
    Can't find hangout -

Gassho
    Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participating.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Yugen
    I don't have a hangout invite. I found the broadcast by using my admin login and I am watching / sitting with you.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Dosho, and Bryson (wonderful chanting) ... great to sit with you all. Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#SATTODAY

Thanks everyone, especially Bryson and your beautiful rendition of the Heart Sutra! And some day we'll find a way for everyone to be visible, but until then we can still see each other in other ways.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat...just now!

Thank you Bryson! And everyone for sitting.

Gassho,
    Jeff #sattoday

Watched but could not join. Dunno why. Good sit!

Gassho, Jishin

#SatToday!

Yugen

November 7th-8th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai (reMINDer: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME C...

Bryson, that was beautiful - thank you! Thank you Jundo, Dosho, and all who sat, and will be sitting.

Participated via broadcast.....

Deep bows
    Yugen
    #sat today
    Last edited by Yugen; 11-08-2014 at 02:41 AM.

Hello,

The "camera" sees . . ..

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thanks everyone! It was great that the Google Gremlins let me past the threshold today!

Oh, and I had a nice long sit today; when I muted my mic after the chant, I inadvertently muted the sound, so I didn't hear the bell for kinhin!

Gassho,

Bryson

sat today

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for practicing together. Thank you Bryson for bringing the Sutra Hati, really lovely. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the coming week.
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Completely forgot about zazenkai tonight.

Will sit again on weekend.

Daizan
    Gassho

thank you all...Bryson, that was a wonderful recitation, thank you

Gassho,
    Jon
    #SatToday

Hi guys!

Thanks for sitting. My Hangout froze and then I couldn't find the invite, so I sat live one way.

Have a lovely weekend!

Gassho,

Kyonin

#SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you everyone.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Thank you, Jundo, Dosho, Bryson, and everyone.

Gassho
    John

Sat Today

Thank you!

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Thank you everyone.

Gassho,

Rob

Kantai
    Thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Kantai

Sat today

Sat this today and enjoyed the Heart Sutra immensely- thanks Bryson and Jundo and Dosho also.
    Gassho to all sitting this.
    Heisoku
    Sat today.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Hi all,
    I also sat this today with my new computer (portable Zen box ;-) ). The Heart Sutra was beautiful indeed. I'll be able to sit live this coming week. Can't wait to sit with you all :-).

Gassho,
    Scott
    #SatToday
    Forever is so very temporary...

Hi there,

Thanks a lot everyone for that nice Zazenkai and especially thank you Bryson for the Heart Sutra!

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Sat today, thank you all, gassho.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Chanting the Sutra was both daunting (as I'd never done it in front of anyone before) and envigorating (I felt buoyant thoughout the rest of the day). It was a great privilege for me to be able to share the Sutra with you (even though most of you would be unfamiliar with the language!). I rushed it a wee bit (nerves!) and tripped over a couple of lines (I haven't quite committed it to memory yet), but that is just an incentive to keep at it! Again, thank you.

Gassho,

Bryson

sat today

We may not have been familiar with the language, but we are most familiar with the Language.

You may have tripped up a couple of time, but in the Heart of this Sutra there are not trips or places to rush.

Gassho, J

Sat Today!
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-11-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Thank you everyone,
    wonderful Bryson, love it !
    Gassho
    Myoku
    sat today

Terima kasih Bryson. And with that I've pretty much exhausted my knowledge of Bahasa. So even though you tripped in a couple of places, I sure didn't notice.

Gassho,
    Raf
    #sat today

Just catching up on this one. Bryson, wonderful!

Thank you dear Sangha!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today