Thread: October 17th-18th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Yugen

October 17th-18th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

SCREEN TO BE POSTED HERE SHORTLY BEFORE NETCAST

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Yugen
    Last edited by Yugen; 10-17-2014 at 11:59 PM.

I wish to welcome Yugen, our current Shuso Head Seat guiding Ango this month, who will be leading our Zazenkai this time live from Maine, USA.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-16-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I will be there; looking forward to meeting Yugen 'live'!

Gassho,

Bryson

Mp
    Hello Yugen and welcome to Treeleaf. LOL I will be sitting with you all live. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I may be able to join in live this time! (Though one way, because I am much too nervous for two-way.)

- June

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by orangedice View Post
    I may be able to join in live this time! (Though one way, because I am much too nervous for two-way.)

- June
    No need to be nervous June ... just us brothers and sisters here. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be there live!

June, please don't be nervous. We only follow the ceremony and sit. Nothing special. Please join us live!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I suppose I'm mostly worried that I won't be able to do the full hour of zazen!

Gassho,

June

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by orangedice View Post
    I suppose I'm mostly worried that I won't be able to do the full hour of zazen!

Gassho,

June
    Hello June,

Not too worry, we sit for 30mins at a time with some kinhin (walking meditation) in between. But know that even during that 30mins if it is too much then maybe do some kinhin and give the body a break. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be there. Looking forward to sitting with you all

Gassho,
    -Jeff

Joyo
    It's my son's birthday party tonight so I will not be able to make it. Have a wonderful zazenkai everyone. I'd rather be enjoying it with you all, but my practice for today is having about 14 screaming, yelling, sugar-filled little boys to take care of. =)

Gassho,
    Joyo

I would like to announce that Mr. K., the fellow who has been sitting with us in Tsukuba these past weeks, will be sitting "one way".

Yugen, can you say "Yokoso" (sounds like "Yoko" of Yoko Ono, and "So" of "sew a Rakusu") Mr. K at the start of the netcast?

Good sitting everyone. I am at an event for a local charity today, so will sit later.

Gassho, J

Yugen
    Of course Jundo, happy to - what am I saying?

Deep bows
    Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yugen
    Joyo,
    You are exactly where you should be -

Happy Birthday to your son and Deep bows

Yugen

Welcome Mr. K.!

Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    Of course Jundo, happy to - what am I saying?

Deep bows
    Yugen

I'll be here/there

Gassho
    Daizan

Participating.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I wish to welcome Yugen, our current Shuso Head Seat guiding Ango this month, who will be leading our Zazenkai this time live from Maine, USA.

Gassho, Jundo
    Congrats, Yugen.

It will be a pleasure to sit together tonight.

Gassho.

Looks like I won't be making it live like I thought. More work came up!

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    It's my son's birthday party tonight so I will not be able to make it. Have a wonderful zazenkai everyone. I'd rather be enjoying it with you all, but my practice for today is having about 14 screaming, yelling, sugar-filled little boys to take care of. =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    Happy Birthday to him Joyo ... make sure you leave some cake for us! LOL

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be here!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon!
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Wonderful Yugen .... thank you everyone for sitting, have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Great siiting with you guys, great work Yugen and Kyonin, and everyone... see you soon

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you and deep bows.

Gassho
    Daizan

Good sit. Great weekend everyone!

Gassho, Jishin

Thanks Yugen (& Kyonin!). I sat with you, but only one-way, as couldn't get 'in' to the google+ session (I don't know what that's about; nothing in my feed, so no 'door' to get in...)

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thanks Yugen, Kyonin, and all for sitting! Deep bows!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you all! Like Bryson I was stuck one way, no link for the Hangout in my feed.

Gassho,
    -Jeff

Same here Bryson. I could not get in either. I am new to this g+ so I hope to figure it out soon.

Gassho, Jishin

Yugen
    Thank you all for sitting with me this evening and celebrating our practice - a wonderful thing to be together.

I'm sorry about the fact that some of you could not find a "door" - I had the same issue last week - I did select the Treeleaf Sangha circle as I was starting the hangout. I am grateful that you joined us - thank you again. Have a fine weekend.

Gassho
    Yugen

No worries Yugen. Thank you and Kyonin for the lovely Zazenkai. I like to think of those things as the leaky roof and creaky boards of our virtual/real Zendo.

Gassho,
    Jeff

Thank you Yugen. It is always good to sit with you. I know I only visit these days but so good to see & sit with you all again.
    Deep Bows
    Taikyo

Yugen
    Taikyo,
    It's our privilege to have you here, thank you so much for sitting with us - you are always welcome - see you over at the Hermitage!

Looking forward to your course -

Best regards and Gassho
    Yugen

Thank you Yugen, Kyonin, and everybody. Have a wonderful weekend.

Gassho
    John

Was really a pleasure to sit with you, yesterday...

Thanks.

Gassho

Thank you Yugen, Kyonin and all.

Gassho, J

Wonderful!

Steven

Thank you all who sat and will sit.

Sorry you had to endure my ugly face during chanting...

But ugly mugs like mine are also zen.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you, wonderful community.
    --amy

Sitting this one now. Gassho, Matt J

Gassho,
    Raf

Thank you so much, Yugen, Kyonin and all who sat and will be sitting!

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Soon my wi-fi will be on. Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Soon my wi-fi will be on. Gassho
    You are sitting together with everyone wi-fi or not. We have something more powerful than wi-fi ... MU-fi.

Gassho, J

Thank you all for this sitting
    Gassho
    Gi shu-George
    Gi Shu -George

Mu fi is go!
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thank you.

Gassho,

Risho

Thank you all.
    Thanks to Yugen for being Shuso this month!

Gassho,
    Danny