Thread: Lovely Blog Post by Fugen on TREELEAF TEAPARTY

Lovely Blog Post by Fugen on TREELEAF TEAPARTY

Hi guys,

I would like to point everyone to a lovely blog post by Fugen on the atmosphere of the Treeleaf Teaparty ... (I will quote a bit, but the whole post is not much longer! )

The Treeleaf teaparty is one of many features at the the Treeleaf sangha.
    It is on sunday evenings, hosted by one of the priests of Treeleaf and contains ceremonies, zazen and discussions amongst the participants. It started out as an meeting ground for the sangha, but has now grown into being one of its pillars. It has become an important part of what Treeleaf really is, a place where people care.

The Treeleaf teaparty is a meeting place where you can, time and time again, get the opportunity to listen to people's stories, to be able to be there for them. As I have said time and again, The Treeleaf teaparty is not about talking, it's about listening. About being there. ... We have a saying at Treeleaf, ”we are always here,” that includes this.

MORE HERE:
    http://fugenblog.blogspot.jp/2014/10...-teaparty.html
    More information on the teaparties and how to join in ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...af-Tea-Parties

I must say that, for those who follow US politics, the name "Teaparty" is confusing. However, really, it is just about chatting over a soft beverage.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-03-2014 at 03:00 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I read it some weeks ago (there must be a reason why Fugen has a link in his signature, let's go there...), and afterwards, I thought "Yes. Well, I often don't, but he does listen."
    This explanation of his commitment has made the occasions when I can participate even more valuable to me.

A note to people who are unsure to try:
    I had used Skype once (in German) before. I am really not the person to look forward to a video talk to people I've never seen before and who's English is way better than mine.
    I do not like talking to groups or meeting new people (writing is much easier...).
    So when I participated in the Teaparty the first time, I was closer to puking than having tea.

Please know: They are no strangers, and it is not difficult!

Deep bows to Fugen and all who participate. Thank you for being there.

Gassho,
    Danny

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and beautiful words from our dear Fugen! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Please know: They are no strangers, and it is not difficult!

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    If anyone is "on the fence" about coming to a Teaparty, please do join in. It is a wonderful and semi-informal way to get to know fellow Sangha members in a more "face to face" way. Topics may range from the Dharma to Star Wars to pop culture (often the Dharma OF Star Wars and pop culture), but most importantly (IMHO), it helps create real and lasting connections between us as people and individuals - a beautiful thing.

Thank you Fugen, and all who attend for making this possible and keeping it going.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Always want to go... always work Sundays. New job soon, maybe. So perhaps it will change.

Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Hi.

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts.

Amelia, you are always with us, always here.
    Its all good practice.

If you have anything you want to talk about or me to write/talk about, pm me or put it on here and we will see what happens...

Thank you for your practice.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

I'd love to be able to join the Tea Party, but it is held at 2:00 AM Monday morning my time; the perils of being on the other side of the world from most!

Gassho,

Bryson

Hello,

Sundays are family days here, yet I've always wanted to participate in the Treeleaf tea party. Receiving the invitation though reminds me that I am present nonetheless. Thank you for the open invitation.

Gassho
    John

I'd like to try to join this... but my work on Sunday often goes 'til 12 or 12:30pst (and the tea party is at 12pm PST).

- June
    Last edited by orangedice; 10-15-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I keep forgetting to sign my name!

Hi.

@orangedice, it's perfectly fine to join in a bit late.
    And you are already there.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fugen View Post
    Hi.

@orangedice, it's perfectly fine to join in a bit late.
    And you are already there.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Good to know! Thank you!

- June

I went to the party for the first time last Sunday. Will go back for seconds.

Gassho, Jishin