Thread: A Talk by Kyonin ... for Ango ...

A Talk by Kyonin ... for Ango ...

Hi everyone,

Kyonin, our current "Head Seat" Shuso leading Ango this month, has a little talk on sticking with Ango and other things in our life. You will note the neighbor's baby, rain and cats joined in the talk!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you, Kyonin.

In my case, the curve needed to come down, I was like a runner having a heart attack on the first lap.
    Now Ango has become less of a very strange endeavour that makes me nervous, it is indeed part of my life and many things I do enjoy.

Gassho,
    Danny

Thank you, Kyonin.

Gassho,
    Erin

Kyotai
    Thanks Kyonin.

Wonderful thank you.

Gassho, Shawn

Thank you Kyonin. 😄

Gassho, Jishin

Thank you Kyonin.
    Nice talk!

Gassho,
    Walter.
    Gassho,Walter

Beautiful!

Thank you Kyonin.

Gassho,
    Mike

Hi.

No running away from this one.
    Thank you.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Thank you, Kyonin.

Gassho
    John

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Gassho,

Shugen
    明道 修眼
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thanks kyonin

Kind regards. /\
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thank you, Kyonin, gassho.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Kyonin, thank you for this teaching.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Thanks for sharing, Kyonin

Gassho,

Bryson

Is this video directed at me? I feel like you've been watching me!

Thank you Kyonin,
    Nengyo
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Mp
    Wonderful talk Kyonin, thank you. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Yugen
    Ango is life, life is practice

Thank you Kyonin!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Joyo
    Thank you for the beautiful talk, Kyonin. I've thoroughly enjoyed Ango so far. =)

Gassho,
    Joyo

Thanks, Kyonin. I really needed to hear this one.

Gassho

Jen

Wow this is exactly what I needed to hear in this moment. Synchronistic. Good to see your wonderful face again.

Gassho,
    Jeffrey
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Hello Kyonin,

thank you for your heartfelt word.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you Kyonin.

Gassho,
    Jeff

Thanks Kyonin;
    Thank you for sharing this wondeerful teaching; well done!!
    gassho

Hi guys,

I'm glad you are finding the little talk useful.

Some things come to mind now that a couple of days have passed.

First of all, by no means I intended to brag about me being a runner. As a matter of fact there is nothing to brag about since I'm slower and lazier than you could ever imagine. It's just that I run because I have no where to get to. All I want is to leave obesity behind. But I see a lot of parallels between running and every hard task I have ever done. I just go about one day at a time, and mainly with no plan at all. Which is pretty dumb, I know.

Second, please forgive my English. I know I sounded like the Taco Bell Chihuahua, but I got a cold start recording the video. Next time I promise I'll warm up a little before.

We are at the half of Ango. Lets do this one step at a time

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Joyo
    Kyonin, to reassure you, you were not bragging at all, your analogy in regards to running was very helpful. Also, your English was just fine. I personally love hearing people talk with different accents.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Paz Kyonin, tranquilo, sin pasion se corre mas lejos.
    Tu Ingles esta muy bien, tu compasion se manifiesta claramente.
    Gracias, gassho.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Thank you Kyonin,
    this was very uplifting and inspiring me for Ango, thank you very much and
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thank you Kyonin!

Risho

Nindo
    Hey Kyonin, your talk was totally fine, including your English. I find running a good example of getting off the sofa, and you are an inspiration in how you changed your habits and got into shape. It can be translated to many other things that are hard, as you say.
    But your math is off - 25 days is not half of 90. Way to go!

Gassho,
    Nindo

Kyonin, your talk was fine, your English was fine, not once did I sense a person that was bragging. When you are speaking you present yourself very well and come across as one who cares. It is also nice that you seem to almost always have a smile as you speak.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

I'm not sure if this is the right place, or if there will be some official thread or ceremony for the change of Shusos. But I'd like to thank you, Kyonin, for the first month! Now good luck to Yugen, thank you too!

Gassho,
    Danny

Thanks Kyonin a very good talk. I didn't feel like you were bragging but using an example from your own life.

One day at a time.

Gassho
    C

Thank you for this talk, Kyonin. Very helpful as I navigate this Ango/Jukai thing. Deep bows, Matt J

Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    Hey Kyonin, your talk was totally fine, including your English. I find running a good example of getting off the sofa, and you are an inspiration in how you changed your habits and got into shape. It can be translated to many other things that are hard, as you say.
    But your math is off - 25 days is not half of 90. Way to go!

Gassho,
    Nindo
    Hi Nindo!

The math thing was on purpose. I wanted to make the talk a little time proof so it would be valid for a few weeks.

But now since we are talking about that... I do suck at math!! LOL

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Heishu View Post
    Kyonin, your talk was fine, your English was fine, not once did I sense a person that was bragging. When you are speaking you present yourself very well and come across as one who cares. It is also nice that you seem to almost always have a smile as you speak.

Gassho,
    Heishu
    Thanks Heishu!

Yes, the smile thing... it has created problems some times because since I'm almost always smiling, some folks think I'm making fun of them. But hey, whatyagonnado. Smiling is basic for life!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

.....so beautiful and encouraging.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you Kyonin. You are our dear gentle smiling giant with a heart that encompasses the world. Thank you for the talk and for being a jewel.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Thanks Heishu!

Yes, the smile thing... it has created problems some times because since I'm almost always smiling, some folks think I'm making fun of them. But hey, whatyagonnado. Smiling is basic for life!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Keep smiling - it opens others up. Thank you for the talk.

Gassho
    Shōmon

Well, I think I can imagine a few scenarios where someone might think that way of your smile, but other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like you said, whatyagonnado.

Btw, I hope you don't mind that I shared your talk on my blog. In hindsight I should have asked first, and I will next time I feel the need to share an inspiring talk. I just felt it was a good thing to share. My appreciation, and apologies.

Gassho,
    Raf

Quote Originally Posted by pinoybuddhist View Post
    Well, I think I can imagine a few scenarios where someone might think that way of your smile, but other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like you said, whatyagonnado.

Btw, I hope you don't mind that I shared your talk on my blog. In hindsight I should have asked first, and I will next time I feel the need to share an inspiring talk. I just felt it was a good thing to share. My appreciation, and apologies.
    Hey Raf!

Thank you for using the video. I'm glad I can be of help. No apology needed. If anything, I'm grateful

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Great talk and very timely .. Thank you very much brother

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice