Thread: The Door

The Door

Gassho
    Bobby
    Last edited by Kaiku; 02-21-2022 at 07:35 PM.
    Just Sit

it's just a door.
    AL (Jigen) in:
    Faith/Trust
    Courage/Love
    Awareness/Action!

I sat today

Let go of the door knob.

Gassho, Jishin

Gee, these questions sound like something one would think while listening to The Doors, ingesting something ftom the Doors of Perception ...

Okay, we sit and drop all these questions.

And thus we may find why Zen Practice is often called the Doorless Door.

This Door is Always Open beyond small human views of "open" or "closed". This Door is you and you are The Door (and one need not become unhinged to realize so)! As you swing The Door Open, The Door swings you!

Now, that being said ... go into a room, close the door, sit down and drop all these silly questions.

As the Old Master said to the Student at the end of Dokusan, "Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out!"

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

If the door of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.”

. . . William Blake

Kind regards. /\
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Hi Treeleaf Sangha friends,
    After travelling a lot around the world I am finding a time to restart my participation in these forums, which I have kept reading always that I had a bit of time.
    My point is that the door allegory is as valid as a metaphor as any other. The same that the boats which go to the other river side. Maybe our ego-centered minds need some support to keep practicing, as the “anti-fear maps” who talked Dokusho Villalba sensei. Like a crutch to help us to walk when we have some problems to walk. Not good, not bad. Just who we are in this moment. Just another delusion which we resist to left behind, but eventually I will abandon. I am not sure of that, but I agree with Jundo sensei that at this moment it´s better to keep doing zazen, and let out metaphors. If I can :-D
    Gassho
    Senryu
    Please forgive any mistake in my writing. Like in Zen, in English I am only a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Gee, these questions sound like something one would think while listening to The Doors, ingesting something ftom the Doors of Perception ...

Okay, we sit and drop all these questions.

And thus we may find why Zen Practice is often called the Doorless Door.

This Door is Always Open beyond small human views of "open" or "closed". This Door is you and you are The Door (and one need not become unhinged to realize so)! As you swing The Door Open, The Door swings you!

Now, that being said ... go into a room, close the door, sit down and drop all these silly questions.

As the Old Master said to the Student at the end of Dokusan, "Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out!"

Gassho, J
    Thank you Jundo. And thank you everyone. I felt I should post these things I seem to get "stuck" on. The "door" was just one example of many. I guess I was wondering if asking these questions about simple moments and finding the profound truth in them added to practice or weighed it down. But I must agree with Jundo, in the "end" one must close the door, sit down and drop the silly questions.

Thank you everyone again.

Gassho
    Bobby
    Just Sit