Thread: Introduction to myself

Red face Introduction to myself

Hello all,

It was suggested in my previous post that an introduction to myself would be a great idea so here it goes.

• I am 39 years old, male living in uk
    • I have been practising meditation in one form or another, mainly zazen, for most of my life
    • I suffer from multiple personality disorder but luckily enough all my personalities like meditation
    • I suffer from severe depression also resulting in suicide attempts at times
    • I live with my partner and animals
    • I have been looking for something like this community for a long time and was put onto it from Facebook
    • I am seeking something deeper that will make my life make sense as right now nothing makes sense to me
    • I smoke lots and drink occasionally
    • I take zero illegal drugs
    • I am on long term sick for the above problems
    • My main fault if it can be called one is getting to intensive about things such as zazen
    • My aim has always been to be a monk and live the life completely helping others by my own example

Thats about all of it, if there is anything else you would like to know then please just ask as I am an open book.

Welcome, Neiphi.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Welcome Neiphi

Great to have you aboard Neiphi! :-)

Gassho, Jishin

Mp
    Hello Neiphi ... welcome to Treeleaf. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Hi Neiphi

Welcome here. I am in the UK too.

As far as life making sense, maybe it is okay that it doesn't. Sitting and letting things drop away can feel a whole lot better than trying to understand why life is as it is.

Gassho
    Andy

Neiphi, welcome to Treeleaf.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Joyo
    Welcome to Treeleaf.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Yugen
    Welcome! I'm looking forward to practicing with you.

Gassho
    Yugen

Hello and gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Hello Neiphi, glad you are here, lets practice together

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Welcome, Neiphi.

Gassho

Welcome, Neiphi! Glad to have you here!

To add to Kokuu, I think that if life made sense our collective and interdependent heads would explode! In other words...you're not alone!

Gassho,
    Tim
    "The moment has priority". ~ Bon Haeng

Welcome Neiphi. Like Kokuu and Tim pointed out, life doesn't have to make sense per se. Trying to make sense of existence is like trying to fit a hundred foot statue into a 10 inch box. This works in Doctor Who, but science hasn't really been able to pull it off yet haha. In zazen we "see" that while there are problems, there are also no problems. Even during emotional turbulence, there is an all pervading calm. Think you'll find that many who practice Zen have had their fair share of mental anguish. The Buddha offered the Dharma as the medicine for suffering.

Gassho, John

Welcome!

May you find Treeleaf to be of some value.
    Diligently attain nothing. Sort of. Best not to over-think it.
    http://www.janxter.com/