Thread: Life is Boring

Life is Boring

Before I begin I'd like to say thanks for this forum being available, and existing.

I was down, but remembered. Life is boring. Life is unfair. But why is it boring? Why is it unfair? Because I don't want to sit here at work and stare. I want what I want.

Why is it unfair? Because I have to do so damn much when I get home! I don't want to do anything...ironically. That's what I do at work.

I didn't move onto step 3, which is detach or not want my wants. That day I simply accepted the truth. Life is boring because I can't do something else. Life is unfair because I can't do what I want.

I felt better. Simply accepting the truth.

I then remembered more Dharma and felt bad. I didn't remember this community. But when I did, I decided I should contribute this little story about me accepting the first noble truth, and it's cause the second noble truth.

It was also a thread where it was said "say a little something," and go with the middle path. It was a pleasant push.

Thanks for the push. Hope this finds you all well.

Mp
    Life is life ... wanting, not wanting blinds us from the beauty that is right here, right now in front of us. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Life is life ... wanting, not wanting blinds us from the beauty that is right here, right now in front of us. =)

Gassho
    Shingen
    Yep

If only my life were a little more fair, if only I had a bit more excitement, THEN I could find happiness. Sounds like a perfect case of the First Noble Truth to me. Not to make light of your problems 6yx. We all feel like this at times. That is partly why many of are drawn to practice in the first place.

Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth, the Goblin King: You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?
    From the movie Labyrinth 1986

Gassho C

Life sucks and then you die...
    Beautiful day outside. Going for a walk.

Gassho, Jishin

Very well, thanks. When I worked in an office I would always try to get out at lunchtime for 20 min or so to walk or jog. Completely changed my perspective on the afternoon.

Kind regards. /\
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Fairness is unfair. Fairness is boring. Concepts are unfair, boring and ultimately irrelevant. Sit. Breathe in. Breathe out. Wash, rinse, repeat. And don't forget to smile.

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Kyotai
    Thanks for sharing and contributing.

Gassho

Shawn

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post

Gassho
    Shingen
    I wholeheartedly agree, life is just what it is. When we (meaning me, as I often feel like my life is boring also) are filled with cravings, desires for a more intersting, stimulating life, we miss what is right in front of us--children laughing, birds chirping, washing dishes, a sunset, or snow falling.

Gassho,
    Joyo

I was down

The "I" measures up and down.

Life is boring. Life is unfair.

Life is life. The "I" measures boring and unfair.

Because I don't want to sit here at work and stare. I want what I want.

I felt better. Simply accepting the truth.

Yes "I" feels better or worse. Life is life, neither to be accepted nor rejected, attracted or averted ... the Ultimate Acceptance!

Now open the "Eye" and the "eyes" and see what an amazing world this is! Oh, never fully satisfying to "I" ... often boring and unfair (we can still try to fix the injustices we can) ... and sometimes downright hard. Ayeyaiyai!

But get past the "I" then realize the "I" ... like seeing the world out of two eyes, left and right, at once and thus seeing the world clearly for the first time. Can you encounter life as both ways as one, like seeing the world out of the right eye one way and the left eye another? CLEAR BUDDHA EYE! He who only sees through one eye is blind.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-21-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

The ayes have it !
    Gassho
    C

As others have said: what is this bad and good? And who is feeling it? They are just observations in the voidless void.

Gassho

Just on a George Harrison kick today ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Just on a George Harrison kick today ...

Here comes the sun. :-)

Hello Jundo,

thank you for reminding me of the magic that was and is George Harrison.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Life sucks and then you die...
    Beautiful day outside. Going for a walk.

Gassho, Jishin
    Crappy weather here. But it won't last.

Gassho,

Kirk

(Posted from my iPhone; please excuse any typos or brevity.)
    流文

I know nothing.

mohamed zen
    When you follow your thoughts , life is boring .
    When you let go of your thoughts ( just come and go ) life is just like it is . No boring no beautiful .

أرسلت من GT-N7000 بإستخدام تاباتلك

Quote Originally Posted by mohamed zen View Post
    When you follow your thoughts , life is boring .
    When you let go of your thoughts ( just come and go ) life is just like it is . No boring no beautiful .

Actually, there is something ineffable about the Buddha Eye view of the universe. I would not say that it is merely neutral. Nishijima Roshi used to say that one encounters something somehow Positive.

I like to say that it is some kind of Beauty (Big "B") that somehow sweeps in and even manifests as both small human judgments of "beautiful" (small "b") or "ugly" or in between. It is a kind of Peace, that holds peace and war and all of lifes smooth and shattered broken pieces. It is a kind of "Wow Energy" to Reality that holds both the exciting and the dull. A kind of "Balanced Scale" that holds both life's justice and injustices.

Something like that.

It ain't just some amoral, colorless, dead neutral.

Something like that.

Gassho, J

mohamed zen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Actually, there is something ineffable about the Buddha Eye view of the universe. I would not say that it is merely neutral. Nishijima Roshi used to say that one encounters something somehow Positive.

I like to say that it is some kind of Beauty (Big "B") that somehow sweeps in and even manifests as both small human judgments of "beautiful" (small "b") or "ugly" or in between. It is a kind of Peace, that holds peace and war and all of lifes smooth and shattered broken pieces. It is a kind of "Wow Energy" to Reality that holds both the exciting and the dull. A kind of "Balanced Scale" that holds both life's justice and injustices.

Something like that.

It ain't just some amoral, colorless, dead neutral.

Something like that.

Gassho, J
    Very good