Thread: Treeleaf Oryoki Meals: Ongoing

Treeleaf Oryoki Meals: Ongoing

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to suggest that once a month or so we get together to eat an oryoki meal. This will help us not to forget what we've learned.

How does a US breakfast / Dublin time lunch sound?

We'd need to serve ourselves, of course, and tweak things for eating solo.

I suggest we all have food for each of our three bowls: say, rice, salad and a soup, or some variation. Whatever, as long as we each have three dishes and don't put our lips to the Buddha bowl.

How about late this month for the first live lunch?

Gassho
    Myozan

This sounds fantastic. I missed the sunday instructional sit alongs, but if they are recorded I will try to watch them before the lunch. If they aren't recorded I will just fake it the first few times.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Mp
    This sounds great to me Myozan ... were you thinking of doing this on Sunday still? =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Hello,

Wonderful / doable idea.

Thank you,

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I was hoping we might do something like this. Count me in!
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hi all,
    We could vary it, depending on our availability. Saturdays and Sundays would probably be best.

What time is noon GMT for you?

Gassho
    Myozan

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
    Hi all,
    We could vary it, depending on our availability. Saturdays and Sundays would probably be best.

Gassho
    Myozan
    As my daughter would say Myozan "Awesomesauce"! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Nindo
    Sounds great. I'm really sorry I never made it to the hangouts. I love oryoki and was looking forward to being part of the group. Thanks for keeping this running so we won't forget again until Rohatsu!

Nindo
    Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
    Subtract 5 hours for New York/ East coast and 8 hours for California/ West coast?
    5am for me in the mountains. Bit early for breakfast.

Hi Nindo,
    We will play around with the times month to month. So, hopefully one of the times will suit you.
    Gassho
    Myozan

I like this idea. I am just beginning the recorded instructions. Personally, I think I was TOO excited at first. I love new project, etc. So, I slowed myself down, tried to go into it with a clear mind. So, I'm taking my time through the recordings. I hope to eventually take a meal with you all here.

Gassho,
    Entai

泰 Entai (Bill)
    "this is not a dress rehearsal"