Thread: Oryoki Circle Four: Eating and Taking Seconds

Oryoki Circle Four: Eating and Taking Seconds

Hi all,
    The Treeleaf Oryoki Circle moves on to 'Eating and Taking Seconds'. Here is a link to the recording of this meeting:

Please have your bowls ready to go 'from the top', as we take the opportunity to go through everything we have done so far.

Please have the Treeleaf Formal Meal Chants standing by for use, which you'll find in the Treeleaf Retreat Chant Book:

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/conte...eat-Chant-Book

And please put your bowls (closed) in front of you to begin ... sitting right there on the floor on your zafu, if you can.

I look forward to practicing and learning this beautiful ceremony with you all.
    Gassho
    Myozan
    Last edited by Myozan Kodo; 02-16-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Mp
    Wonderful Myozan I will be there ready to go! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Wonderful Myozan I will be there ready to go! =)
    Ditto!

Hi guys,
    As I have a tech problem, please look out for Shingen's HOA on Sunday in your G+ stream. Join that for oryoki circle practice, as I will from my iPad.
    Gassho
    M

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
    Hi guys,
    As I have a tech problem, please look out for Shingen's HOA on Sunday in your G+ stream. Join that for oryoki circle practice, as I will from my iPad.
    Gassho
    M
    Thank you Myozan ... I have created the event and sent it out to the Treeleaf Sangha only. I have seen responses so it look like it going smoothly. See you all there. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Oryoki Circle Four: Eating and Taking Seconds

By the way Shingen,
    Are you sure setting up an event in advance makes it a Hangout On Air that is recorded for later viewing? In my experience it only makes it a live Hangout, which isn't recorded.

I think a Hangout On Air has to be launched from the Hangouts section of G+ right before you start.

Am I wrong on that?

Deep bows, and thanks for stepping in.
    Myozan

Myozan,

I think you are right that it is not a HOA. I can't believe there isn't a way to do it as an event, but the option for the HOA doesn't show up in the options anymore. He may have to wait and do it at the time. I will investigate this a bit and see if I can find out why they changed it.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hi guys,

I found these pages that seem to explain how to schedule an HOA pretty well:

https://support.google.com/plus/answ..._topic=2553242

https://plus.google.com/u/0/hangouts

I'm guessing they just decided to keep HOAs and regular hangouts separate. It would be nice, however, if they would tell us why.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    Hello Myozan and Dosho,

Ok, I think I got it ... before I just created an event, but did some searching and found how to create and HOA which allows me to schedule the event and get a recording of it for later use. I canceled the old event and sent out the new one ... did you get the invite?

Many thanks for your help you two. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Mp
    Thanks Dosho,

Yes, I saw those pages and it is weird why they change things when they are working fine in the first place. But I did my HOA via the left menu under Hangouts, then the menu at the top gives the Hangouts On Air option. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Hi guys,

I found these pages that seem to explain how to schedule an HOA pretty well:

https://support.google.com/plus/answ..._topic=2553242

https://plus.google.com/u/0/hangouts

I'm guessing they just decided to keep HOAs and regular hangouts separate. It would be nice, however, if they would tell us why.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Complete perfect enlightenment is easy compared to Google+

Thanks guys. Got the new invite.

What say ye that we start at 7pm GMT on Sunday, so that we have a few minutes to make sure we are set up ok?

Gassho
    Myozan

Shingen: Yes, I got the invite. Definitely a HOA now. And, I agree, no reason to remove the HOA option from the regular Event page if it works just fine!

Myozan: Starting at the top of the hour sounds good to me. See you then!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    Oh soooo true indeed! =)

I have the invite set on the hour, so 7pm for you, 11am for me (PST). And we can test it out. I did a test with Treena (Joyo) this morning using the HOA and it worked great; so hopefully we will have the same success Sunday. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
    Complete perfect enlightenment is easy compared to Google+

Thanks guys. Got the new invite.

What say ye that we start at 7pm GMT on Sunday, so that we have a few minutes to make sure we are set up ok?

Gassho
    Myozan