i was searching for one thing or another and came across this article about the actor Giancarlo Esposito and meditation and his participation on the show Breaking Bad. He says the following:

Esposito says. "As actors, we like to perform; it's what stirs us up inside. So I had to find a way to stir myself up inside and yet do less." Key to the performance are yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises. "I meditate every morning. And the first thing I do when I get in the dressing room is cross my legs and take a few minutes to take deep, deep breaths and drop into this other place."

Giancarlo Esposito Finds Strength in Silence on 'Breaking Bad' http://ht.ly/rFluJ

That 'drop off into this other place' kinda struck me, because the way I view it, it's always "this place, right here, right now". But maybe I am reading it wrong, given THESE specific circumstances where the person is an actor, portraying someone he is not. Or maybe I am giving WAY to much thought, i dunno. Anyways, I was curious to hear other views on it.
Thanks