Thread: Often Asked - How-to Empty a Full Private Message (PM) Box

Often Asked - How-to Empty a Full Private Message (PM) Box

Have received a message to say my private message inbox is nearly full. How do I delete old messages - have tried right click but can't find a delete command.

Thanks,

Willow
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-30-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Hi Willow!

Yes, our internal mailboxen are limited, but you can back all your messages and empty the inbox.

Before deleting everything, you might want to keep a copy of your messages. To do that, please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the inbox. On the left of the page you'll see a text that says:

Download all Private Messages as:
    XML | CSV | Text

Click on Text to download all your messages to your computer.

To delete all messages, please scroll down to the bottom of your inbox. You will see a box titled Folder Controls and a text that says:

Inbox contains XXX messages. You have XXX messages stored, of a total 1,000 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Click on (Empty Folder) to nuke everything.

delete-inbox.jpg

Let me know if you need more help.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Your private messages box on Treeleaf Zendo has reached 90% of your allowed quota. To ensure that you do not reach 100% of your allowed messages, you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages.
    how can i archive messages?

aprapti

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    how can i archive messages?

aprapti
    I think that is not an option. You can create a separate folder where you can store important messages, but all of it adds to the storage quota. To free up space, I believe only deletion is an option.

Sat
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    I think that is not an option. You can create a separate folder where you can store important messages, but all of it adds to the storage quota. To free up space, I believe only deletion is an option.

Sat
    thanks Bion. I already was afraid of that.. But the message speaks about archiving. I presume they mean archive outside treeleaf, i now suppose.

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    thanks Bion. I already was afraid of that.. But the message speaks about archiving. I presume they mean archive outside treeleaf, i now suppose.

aprapti

sat
    Yeah, I did not see that option ( unless by archiving it is meant downloading them as text, which is an option if you select messages and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of page and use that little menu box that performs tasks on all selected items).

Sat
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi