Thread: Treeleaf is worthless

Treeleaf is worthless

Sometimes I'm not sure why I come here. There is nothing to be gained by coming here. Same stories. Different character. Dogen this, Dogen that. Buddha this, Buddha that. Blah, blah, blah. What's the point? What's the answer? What's the question?

On more than one occasion I have gotten rid of Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad and deleted the bookmark for Treeleaf on my web browser saying to myself "I'm not coming back to this place. There is nothing here for me."

Zen is pointless. Zen teachers are pointless. Treeleaf is pointless. Buddha is pointless. A complete waste of time. It has taken me two and a half years of sitting and countless books to realize this. My only teacher is my Zafu.

Now, with a clean slate, I'm ready to learn. Buddha is my teacher, Dogen is my teacher, the teachers at Treeleaf are my teachers, you are my teacher, the moon, trees, rocks, cats and rats are my teachers. I seek Dharma from all of you.

Gassho, John

I don't seek anything from you.

Still you are a good teacher.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Excellent John, truly humbling. I am happy you dropped a few heavy bags filled with expectations and now you are ready to pick up...the whole universe!

Gassho

Empty handed

Taigu

From one beginner to a beginner. . .

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Ah you learn well Grasshopper. Thank you for this teaching John.

Gassho
    Shingen

Absolutely the the best, most worthless, pointless thing ever said to me and Taigu since we opened the doors on this place! Thank you!

Yes! Absolutely worthless, pointless and a total waste of time! Nine bows. Now we can finally get somewhere!

I keep trying to hint as much, but folks keep wanting more. Many go elsewhere looking for it.

WHAT's NEXT!?!
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...-s-NEXT%21-%21

The BEST Zen is SO DISAPPOINTING!
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...SAPPOINTING%21

Nine Bows. Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

[QUOTEZen student to zen teacher: "My mediation is awful I can't concentrate it is useless worthless I might as well leave the monastry now right away,"Zen teacher: " It will pass."
    Time passes
    Zen student to zen teacher: "My meditation is fabulous, satori, Kensho, Enlightenment! Wonderful!"
    Zen teacher: " It will pass."
    Time passes][/QUOTE]

Gassho

David

Thank you John, Jundo.

Gassho
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by John C. View Post
    Zen is pointless. Zen teachers are pointless. Treeleaf is pointless. Buddha is pointless. Gassho, John
    Pointlessness is pointless. Or is it?

Gassho,

William
    Last edited by Juki; 06-21-2013 at 05:29 PM.

speaking of that... on the way to work I pass a dentist's office that always has a different quote of the week on their marquee or sign. This weeks says "pencils with broken tips are pointless." hahaahah

Gassho,

Risho

Joyo
    Thank you for the reminder. Can family members, who think I'm insane for converting to Buddhism, be my teacher?? I guess they can be.

Gassho,
    Treena

Damn it, I knew I should have waited to get that full back treeleaf zendo tattoo.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Thank you John!
    Its all worthless, and precious when we let go of the need to value it

Gassho

Shohei

No it isn't!
    Gassho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Yes it isn't.

Gassho,
    Edward

Sent from here and now using Marware® stylus.
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

No, it is.... : )
    Heisoku 平 息

It's a definite maybe.
    Gassho

Treeleaf is WHOLLY Worthless ... Whorthy WHOLEless ...
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I still Wholly enjoy Treeleaf though... ; ) _/\_
    Heisoku 平 息

Is that so?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Damn it, I knew I should have waited to get that full back treeleaf zendo tattoo.
    lol!! Make sure you post a picture of it so the rest of us can see!

"When your tea cup is empty..."

_/\_ Dave

thank you for this reminder.

Gassho, Dojin.
    I gained nothing at all from supreme enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called supreme enlightenment
    - the Buddha