Thread: Zen Conjugations

Zen Conjugations

We talked about non-dual philosophy and digging through different traditions and such and it got me thinking. We are always examining what we are doing and whether or not it is in keeping with Zen and enlightenment and the buddhadharma. Maybe we should just BE with it. To conjugate

I AM digging
    You ARE digging
    He/ she/ it IS digging

The same can be said for sitting. This form of BE isn't just the present tense of the act of doing, but litterally losing ones self, fully "grocking " the act until you ARE the act. Maybe that's the key and when we can do this, we can say "I AM living "

Just a thought......
    Gassho,
    "Heitetsu"
    Christopher
    Sat today

I think you are overthinking this.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonCM View Post
    We talked about non-dual philosophy and digging through different traditions and such and it got me thinking. We are always examining what we are doing and whether or not it is in keeping with Zen and enlightenment and the buddhadharma. Maybe we should just BE with it. To conjugate

I AM digging
    You ARE digging
    He/ she/ it IS digging

The same can be said for sitting. This form of BE isn't just the present tense of the act of doing, but litterally losing ones self, fully "grocking " the act until you ARE the act. Maybe that's the key and when we can do this, we can say "I AM living "

Just a thought......

If everything is connected ... WE are living ... WE are sitting. Conjugation creates duality.

Gassho,

William

I do that sometimes. My point is to remember that all the digging and reading and talking is, or perhaps should be a prelude to being wholey what you are right then and there
    Gassho,
    "Heitetsu"
    Christopher
    Sat today

you ARE overthinking.

That is what YOU wholey are here and now (or, anyway, then when you wrote).

Just have some TEA.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-26-2013 at 02:17 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho .
    Gassho,
    "Heitetsu"
    Christopher
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Just have some TEA.

Gassho, Jundo
    Talking about overthinking... as soon as I read this I just thought what is T.E.A. he's talking about ???
    Gassho,
    Andy