Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Evening Zazen

Thursday Evening Zazen

Hello everyone,

as most of you know by now I sit Zazen on Google+ on Thursdays. I will aim for 20:30 / 8:30 PM Berlin time from now on, (on occassion my work schedule will force me to postpone sittings by an hour or so) you should receive a google+ invite a few hours beforehand anyhow.

30 minutes of Zazen will be followed by a Heart Sutra recitation.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
    Last edited by Hans; 01-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks Mongen!
    I will just be getting in from work but will try to pop in for (quietly of course ) for the rest of the sitting.

Gassho
    Shohei

perfect time for me, Mongen, thank you
    Gassho
    Myoku

Hello folks,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be working at a trade fair without internet access for the whole of this week and won't be able to write/read messages before Friday. This also means I won't be able to host my usual Teutonic Thurday Zazen orgy.

Keep sitting!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Aw!!! won't you show us a rerun ???
    合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    一期一会 ("Ichi-go ichi-e," 'each single encounter is the one meeting') - "One Moment in Time"

Mp
    Thanks Mongen ... I will see if that change works. Sometimes I have been able to sit with you on occasion, will wait and see.

Gassho
    Shingen

Hi Mongen,
    Good luck at the Fair.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Hello folks,

please let me apologize for not having been able to host the usual Thursday live sit yesterday. It's a long story, but the bottom line is that the latter half of yesterday's day was a classic case of Murphy's Law on many many levels. It's all good though, nobody died or anything, just a real bt of SNAFU going on there

Gassho and thank you for understanding,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hi Hans,

No problem. We all have those kind of days from time to time. Glad to hear that it was nothing serious. :-)

Gassho,
    Matt

Many thanks Hans for letting us know. I have not quite got the hang of the G+ thing & was thinking that I wasn't doing something to connect.

Gassho

David

Hi Folks,
    My flight back from Berlin is really Late today. Which means nighttime, which sadly means i won't be able to Host the zazen tonight.

Please sit anyway.

Gassho and thank you for your practise,

Hans chudo mongen

Thanks for letting us know Hans

Gassho

David

Hello,
    There will be Zazen tonight at 9PM Berlin Time, I just didn't manage to geht my mobile App to work to invite you beforehand. I'll go online live at 9PM when I'm in Front of my Desktop PC.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thanks Hans.

I suspect G+ is doing odd things as I don't see the hangout anywhere. Will sit anyhow.

Gassho
    Matt

Same here Matt & Hans - didn't get a invite & couldn't see the hangout any of my devices. Sat with you anyway
    Gassho
    David

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

I did send out a hangout invite a few minutes before the actual hangout...all Treeleaf Group members were invited.

Very strange indeed.

Gassho and thank you for your practise,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hello folks,

please sit without me this Thursday, since I am in Japan without a fast\enough internet connection to actually use Google+

I`ll post some pictures next week It`s mainly a business trip, but it is nevertheless still great to be here of course.

Gassho and all the best,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hi Hans,

Thanks for letting us know. Have a good time in Japan.

Gassho
    Matt

Hi Hans,

Japan great!! Thanks for letting us know

Gassho

David

Mp
    Have a wonderful time if Japan Hans ... and we can always try and slow down our zazen for those slow internet connections too.

Gassho
    Shingen

Hi Guys,

Well will have a special Zazenkai with Hans this weekend when he visits Tsukuba. Also, my wife needs to be away, so I will be watching our daughter all weekend. We are supposed to have our four hour Zazenkai this week too. So, our 4-hour Zazenkai time this week may be changed to a later date ... or divided in two ... or we will have two Zazenkai this weekend. Please stand by for details.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Yugen
    Doan standing by.....

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Guys,

Well will have a special Zazenkai with Hans this weekend when he visits Tsukuba. Also, my wife needs to be away, so I will be watching our daughter all weekend. We are supposed to have our four hour Zazenkai this week too. So, our 4-hour Zazenkai time this week may be changed to a later date ... or divided in two ... or we will have two Zazenkai this weekend. Please stand by for details.

Gassho, J
    Standing by ... *singing the Jeopardy song* ...

Gassho
    Shingen

Red 5 standing by.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Hello folks,

tomorrow there'll be no Zazen broadcast. I'll celebrate my 7th wedding anniversary with my wife instead

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Mp
    Congrats to you both Hans and have a wonderful time.

Gassho
    Shingen

Happy anniversary Hans! Enjoy yourselves.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Yugen
    Happy Anniversary!

Gassho
    Yugen

Happy anniversary!
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Congrats, Hans!
    no thing needs to be added

A bit late, but happy anniversary, Hans!

Gassho,
    Matt

Hello dear friends,

thank you for all your messages. Sadly it seems that tonight's sit-in won't hapen because my boss just told me that we'll have dinner with customers of ours. Sorry for this, but it seemed like I could do the sitting before dinner (broadcasting live from my office in this case)...but the times changed a few minutes ago.

I'll be on holiday over the next two weeks, so I won't have a lot of internet access, but I WILL take some nice photographs of the German baltic coast which I will share with you.

Gassho and thank you for understanding,

Hans Chudo Mongen
    Last edited by Hans; 08-22-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Hans, maybe you should work out some system where someone covers the sitting if you are called away?

Gassho, J

Hi Guys,

I don't mind spinning up a hangout at around 8PM to host the usual zazen. I tend to sit around that time in the evening anyhow. Let me know.

Gassho
    Matt

Hello folks,

gosh the last six weeks were and are unusually busy for me (and tonight I am sitting in a hotel in the Netherlands, where I don't know how fast the internet connection will be). If you don't see me online, by all means please sit nevertheless. Rest assured that the next months will be less busy for me on Thursdays and that it seems that I will be able to continue the Thursdays in the usual way. Please accept my apologies for not making every Thursday especially in the last few weeks, however work is sadly very often work and Germany is not where it should be in terms of Wi-Fi etc.

In case Matt is around tonight, I'll ask him to invite you others to a simple sit in Google+ instead.

Gassho and thank you all for your inspiring practise,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Perhaps we need a better way to hold these sittings.

Gassho, Jundo

I am always available for back up UK/Europe time.

Gassho
    David

No problem. I'll create the usual G+ event unless David would like to host? All good.

EDIT: Event posted to G+. Regulars invited. Apologies if I've missed anyone.

Gassho
    Matt
    Last edited by Genshin; 09-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Hello,

I am back home and can host the Zazen as usual, however for the first time ever, Google+ told me that I can't invite all the Treeleaf members to this event? Do any of you know whether there is a magical barrier once a certain number is crossed?

Anyhow, I will sit at 9PM German time tonight....it is really frustrating that Google seems to have changed something

Well, I will sit nevertheless! Please join me (in case I can make it work later on.....)

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hans,

I would be honored to attend tonight. Are you connecting and starting right away or is there time to say hi?
    see you tonight.

Gassho

Enkyo
    Mu

My zafu and I will be there too.

Gassho
    Matt

Hans,

That seems strange as I haven't heard about a limit. Do you invite people who are in your circles or do you invite the community? If it's former, try the latter. Otherwise I am perplexed.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hello,

I am back home and can host the Zazen as usual, however for the first time ever, Google+ told me that I can't invite all the Treeleaf members to this event? Do any of you know whether there is a magical barrier once a certain number is crossed?

Anyhow, I will sit at 9PM German time tonight....it is really frustrating that Google seems to have changed something

Well, I will sit nevertheless! Please join me (in case I can make it work later on.....)

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

When I hosted the Wednesday Zazen for Myozan some weeks back I had a similar issue. I was inviting the community. I got a message back saying too many users....

Gassho
    Matt

Never had such an issue, neither with the community nor the circles, when starting a hangout. Maybe its just the "invite" (for the event) thats limited somehow, i never invited so far. So even when the invite _now_ does not work the hangout itself then should do fine and pop up in peoples stream.
    Gassho
    Myoku

Hello dear Myoku,

I did some research and it seems the problems might have to do with the brand new HD options. This was also the first time I encountered this problem of not being able to invite all members to the event, however when I went "live" it allowed me to invite everyone, but somehow people still weren't able to join the normal way. Hopefully they will fix their bugs swiftly.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hans,

I didn't see the Hangout on Thursday so could not join for the usual sit. Sat with you anyhow.

Gassho
    Matt

Hans,
    in case the problem persists, I can offer to try working on it together, maybe we can find out whats going on or at least how to work around it, just pm me with a time suggestion when to approach this. Gassho
    Myoku

Hello folks,

so AGAIN I tried to invite all of you to the Thursday Zazen, and again Google tells me that I am not allowed to invite the 152 members of the Treeleaf group. I did some research and found the following written on an official Google page:

"Guest limit for invitations

You can invite up to 500 attendees to single events and up to 100 attendees to recurring events.

To accommodate events with a guest list that exceeds the limit, you can invite the attendees through groups, allowing you to expand the total number of people you can invite to 10,000 people for one-time events and 5,000 people for recurring events

To allow for guest list of over 10,000, you can create additional events for every 10,000 invited guests."

So maybe Google is thinking that my invitations are a recurring event and will not let me invite all of you because of that.

Please send me a google message on google plus ( Hans.stucken@gmail.com ) five minutes before the hangout time ( 9PM Berlin time ) , so that I can invite those of you who want to sit manually.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hans,
    I might be perfectly wrong, but I think its actually much simpler. As I understand it, you cannot invite to an EVENT, but who needs the EVENT ? You can always start a HANGOUT right when you are ready to do so and invite all the Treeleaf community (I dont think there is such a limit). This avoids the forth and back with single people telling you they want to join (and remember people tend to come last minute or a bit later). Hope this helps
    Gassho
    Myoku

Hello Myoku,

that's what I thought too...let's keep our fingers crossed...

GOOGLE, you have all my life in the form of data, just let me sit!!!!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast