Thread: SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Newtown -IS- Samsara

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Newtown -IS- Samsara

Samsara, this world we live in, is thus. It is a world filled with great beauty and sometime great ugliness, human beings who live in peace and those who kill. Sometimes innocent children die. Today is a day for tears.

The true evil doer is greed, anger and ignorance, mental illness. That is the disease, that is the real culprit.

Yet, the Buddha also Teaches of a View of Views, free of birth and death, beyond violence, with no separate killer or killed, no gain or loss in Wholeness ... and so no hearts which can be broken thus. We must keep the View that these little children have returned to This which is never left. May their parents and loved ones also find Peace.

Even though there is This beyond violence and death, nothing to break or repair ... hand in hand, we must work hard to fix this world and make it better for the future, ending the violence, poverty, sickness.

All at once. This is our Practice.

PS -

I would suggest that the best place to make a contribution is to a charity dedicated to ending gun violence or violence in general. Here are some suggestions ...

Brady Center To Prevent Gun Violence
    http://www.bradycenter.org/

Futures Without Violence
    http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/

Last edited by Jundo; 12-16-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you so much for your teaching, for putting this in perspective in both time and place, for connecting this tragedy with our lives and our world. Finally, thank you for continuing to point us in a direction of action, when such a tragedy can and often does lead to a helpless paralysis. Many bows,

Ann/Josho

Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo.

Gassho
    Michael

The depth of this talk and also that of Josho's reply say it all best. So I will simply gassho and sit in silence. Thank you!

Gassho,
    Hoyu
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

I think Alan's question on another thread, and my reply, also connect here. Some Buddhist perspectives can seem, at first blush, too cold. They are anything but cold and uncaring ...

Where do we turn?
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ere-do-we-turn

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo.

And good to see you Hoyu!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Gassho, with thanks.
    Myozan

Gassho, Ed
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Thanks, Jundo
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you for this teaching Jundo.
    Gassho, Shawn Jakudo Hinton
    It all begins when we say, “I”. Everything that follows is illusion.
    "Even to speak the word Buddha is dragging in the mud soaking wet; Even to say the word Zen is a total embarrassment."
    寂道

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,

Dokan

PS - Up on podcast.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Thank you Jundo

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today