Thread: It's those tiny little aversions...

It's those tiny little aversions...

...that you have to look out for. Like someone with an unpleasant, abrasive tone of voice talking loudly in the coffee house, or rednecks laughing at each other as they fart in the supermarket checkout line. There are aversion-provoking annoyances everywhere, accumulating into a "practice" of aversion.

I just noticed how disproportionately affected I am by hundreds of things like this in my surroundings and how (unfortunately) well-developed my "aversion practice" is. Hope I can keep catching them early.

Maybe that contributes more than I think to my state of elevated stress and anxiety.

Gassho
    Julia
    "The Girl Dragon Demon", the random Buddhist name generator calls me....you have been warned.

Feed your good wolf.

Julia,

It's the ADD...we notice EVRYTHING!

Gassho,
    Dosho (The B.G.M.)

"This Supermarket Checkout Fart-athon is brought to you by....your ADD brain, all monkey mind all the time!"
    "The Girl Dragon Demon", the random Buddhist name generator calls me....you have been warned.

Feed your good wolf.

disastermouse
    How many fellow ADHD members do we have? Also, LOOK - SHINY!!!

Chet

Kyotai
    Thank you for this Julia.

Gassho

Shawn

I sometimes find myself seeking the tiny little aversions. A good reminder Julia. Thanks.

Gassho,

Daido

Quote Originally Posted by Daido View Post
    I sometimes find myself seeking the tiny little aversions. A good reminder Julia. Thanks.

Gassho,

Daido
    Of this, I am guilty as charged...I think it's part of the "aversion-practice". First you pay mind to stuff when it's not a big deal, then you pay mind to everything and are more disproportionately irked by it...then you become addicted to feeling irked and you seek it out. Glad you brought it up.

Gassho
    Julia

Feed your good wolf.