• Seimyo

Published on 01-22-2012 05:21 AM  Number of Views: 774 

This week, Japanese Lineages of Soto Zen celebrate the 811th BIRTHDAY OF MASTER DOGEN! YEA! YIPPEE!

But in some ways, MASTER DOGEN IS VERY OLD AND OUT OF DATE!

Oh, don't misunderstand! So many of Dogen's Teachings are FOR ALL TIMES AND ALL PLACES. In fact, his vision of Time and Timelessness, BEING-TIME, is ALL TIME IN EVERY TIME, THIS TIME AS TOTALLY THIS TIME AND THAT TIME, ITS OWN TIMELY TIME, EACH TIME OR HALF TIME JUST A WHOLE TIME, A WORMHOLE-TIME, A RABBIT HOLE TIME ...THE WHOLE HOLY TIME. Dogen once-upon-a-time wrote this ...

Do not think that time merely ...
    Published on 07-02-2011 04:26 AM  Number of Views: 676 

I often feel that monastic practice is so "yesterday" ... so "13th Century".It's true, and in some very important ways, it may be time to knock down the monasteries, throwing their cloistered inhabitants into the streets! **

For most of its history, lay practice has taken a back seat to the "real spiritual action" said to happen only among the ordained Sangha, usually ...
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

• Recent Blog Posts

• Recent Forum Posts

Jundo

For Justice & Peace

l was just going to mention this.

Also, we cannot hold the many peaceful protesters responsible for the acts of a few hotheads, extremists,

Jundo Today, 11:00 AM Go to last post
    kirkmc

For Justice & Peace

From what I'm reading, it looks like white nationalist groups are taking advantage of the situation to foment violence, with a serious goal of a second

kirkmc Today, 08:29 AM Go to last post
    kirkmc

For Justice & Peace

And this is where I part ways with Brad Warner. On Twitter, he said:

"I do not support the #laprotest in any way shape or form."

kirkmc Today, 08:28 AM Go to last post
    martyrob

For Justice & Peace

I disagree we canít determine what we will feel, we feel what we feel. I feel all sorts of things, not all of them pretty. Thatís where practice begins

martyrob Today, 08:25 AM Go to last post
    Geika

For Justice & Peace

I am very conflicted about what is going on, because the officer responsible was not arrested until things started burning, and if that is what it takes,

Geika Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post