• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Opening Our Treeleaf Global Service Days: January 11-25 2014

We are pleased to commence our latest GLOBAL DAYS OF SERVICE initiative here at Treeleaf, January 11-25 2014. We will be asking each and all of our Treeleaf folks, in some way, to spend a day making their communities, the lives of others, this world a bit better. This is a chance to live the Virtues of Generosity and Giving, and our Bodhisattva Vows to Aid All Sentient Beings.

Please look for additional information, and ideas for activities suitable for you, in the ENGAGED & CHARITABLE PROJECTS CENTER of our forum here.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/forum...Global-Service

Please join in and do your part.

In fact, this is part of the "donation" we ask of you for participating in Treeleaf. Our Sangha is Freeing, but not Free ... and though we do not now ask for money for our activities here, we do ask EVERYONE to roll up their sleeves and do something to help those truly in need. Thus, I am going to ask every single person sitting in our Sangha, without exception, to join in this. This is not simply a matter of writing a check (though that is good too), but rather we will request "hands on" work of some kind taking a day or much of a day. Include the whole family, the kids, and make it a family event! No one type of activity will be required, although some activity is required of you, and there will be an activity suitable for each and all of you to choose, something for everyone despite busy schedules or physical limitations. There is always a way to help.

Please see this thread by Yugen for further information on this current period ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ary-11-25-2014

And here is a bit more on this from me, a talk I gave before our first Global Days a couple of years ago ...

Thank you for coming together on this Initiative to Serve!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Opening Our Treeleaf Global Service Days: January 11-25 2014 started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      Yugen -
      Thank you Jundo!

Deep bows
      Yugen
      Mp -
      Thank you for this Jundo.

I had already commented with Yugen's post, but I will be over in Vancouver a week this Saturday seeing my granny and sharing the beautiful spirit on my little dog Bodhi with the other residence of the care facility. It is so heart warming to see the smiles Bodhi brings to their faces ... I see this as being a future Global Day of Service project. =)

Gassho
      Shingen
      Dosho -
      Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Myosha -
      Hello,

Organized collection, and donation, of warm clothing and usable items to Saint Vincent de Paul Society.

Gassho,
      Myosha
      Risho -
      Excellent! My wife and I started volunteering at a farm which focuses on at risk children. (FYI -- not saying this in a braggart way of course )

Gassho,

Risho