• September 14-15th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - JUKAI COMMENCES

TODAY'S JUKAI MARKS THE STARTLESS-START OF OUR SEWING AND PRECEPT REFLECTIONS FOR OUR JUKAI (UNDERTAKING THE PRECEPTS) IN JANUARY.

I also would like to dedicate today's Zazenkai, and all our Jukai Preparations, to our members Gina and Rafael's dear mothers, who left this visible world this week, and to all our members who have suffered loss or illness recently.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://youtu.be/LJOaKt1rKhc

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: September 14-15th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - JUKAI COMMENCES started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 49 Comments
      Mp -
      I will be there live.

Gassho
      Shingen
      adrianbkelly -
      I'll be there Sunday morning.

_/\_
      Ade
      Kyonin -
      I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Juki -
      I graduate tonight from my almost-year-long course of yoga teacher training. So, I will miss the live Zazenkai. I will sit the replay as soon as I get home, and be back live again next Friday. Deep bows to all.

Gassho,
      William
      gwz -
      i'll be sitting invisibly
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by William Anderson View Post
      I graduate tonight from my almost-year-long course of yoga teacher training. So, I will miss the live Zazenkai. I will sit the replay as soon as I get home, and be back live again next Friday. Deep bows to all.

Gassho,
      William
      Congratulations William!

Maybe I can ask you to sometime record a simple Youtube Yoga lesson (for non-Yoga folks like me) that we can use to loosen up midway through our 2-Day Rohatsu Retreat in December?

Gassho, J
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Congratulations William!

Maybe I can ask you to sometime record a simple Youtube Yoga lesson (for non-Yoga folks like me) that we can use to loosen up midway through our 2-Day Rohatsu Retreat in December?

Gassho, J
      I second that ... Congrats William!

Gassho
      Shingen
      Juki -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Congratulations William!

Gassho, J
      I would be honored and happy to do this. I do not presently have a YouTube account, but I will open one. I will speak with you later about the length of the lesson you are looking for and design something appropriate.

Gassho,
      William
      Risho -
      Congrats William! I'll be sitting either Saturday or Sunday morning (Eastern/NYC time)

Gassho,

Risho
      Daijo -
      I will attempt a live sitting, if the Google Hangouts app works on my phone the way it's supposed to.

And congrats William.
      Shugen -
      Hoping to sit Sunday evening.

Gassho to all and happy sitting! ;-)

Shugen
      Yugen -
      I will not be there live tonight, but traveling out in the islands as part of my service project. I will be sitting (I am taking my robes!) and will hold those who are dear to us (and those who have left the visible world) in my heart.

Congratulations William!

Deep bows
      Yugen
      KellyRok -
      I'll sit with the recorded version on Sunday.

Congratulations William, that is a wonderful accomplishment!

Gassho,
      Kelly/Jinmei
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
      I will not be there live tonight, but traveling out in the islands as part of my service project. I will be sitting (I am taking my robes!) and will hold those who are dear to us (and those who have left the visible world) in my heart.

Deep bows
      Yugen
      Enjoy your travels to the islands Yugen ... will keep a zafu warm for you.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Dosho -
      Hi all,

I will not be there tonight as my brother is coming into town who I only see about twice a year, so the family and I are going to spend some quality time with him and his girlfriend.

And congrats William! BTW, if you have a Google account then you already automatically have a YouTube account!

I hope you all have a great sit.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Nindo -
      I'm planning to join later. The weather is so awesome here, I have to go and store some sunshine in my cells for the long winter!!
      Marcelo de Valnisio -
      I will be with you on Monday morning.

Gassho.
      Koshin -
      Great William, good work Will be there live

Gassho
      Myosha -
      Sitting here, then.

Gassho,
      E
      Heishu -
      Congrats to William!