• Sept 6th/7th, 2013 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI! - ANGO BEGINS!

Today's Zazenkai marks the COMMENCEMENT of our ANGO (90 Day Tranquil Dwelling)!

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR ANGO!!!!!

The Talk today will reflect on "Ango Now and Then" ...
    (text below in this thread) ...

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning)) ... and visible at the following link during those times ...

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://youtu.be/qwnbGETd810

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS are posted AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sept 6th/7th, 2013 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI! - ANGO BEGINS! started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 62 Comments
      JasonG -
      Thank you Jundo for the wonderful talk and to all for sitting together to kick off Ango. I just concluded my first Ango sitting in my motel room at the Super 8 motel in Huntsville, Ontario - with thanks that the monastery walls are indeed much larger than the walls of this small room away from home!

Gassho,
      Jason
      Kaishin -
      And just a reminder to everyone to turn off your microphones when not speaking FEEEEEEDBAAAAACK
      Nengyo -
      Thank you for the talk Jundo. Also thank you to all those who sat and will sit. I did not sit for the whole zakenzai yet, but I watched most of it in the background as I studied to give me inspiration!

Gassho
      Ishin -
      I found this Dharma talk to be very inspiring
      Gassho C
      Joyo -
      I will be starting to watch this tonight, so excited to be practicing with everyone here! Enkyo, beautiful words, btw. And Yugen, all the best with your parents, will be sitting for your mom tonight.

Gassho everyone,
      Treena
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
      I will be starting to watch this tonight, so excited to be practicing with everyone here! Enkyo, beautiful words, btw. And Yugen, all the best with your parents, will be sitting for your mom tonight.

Gassho everyone,
      Treena
      Hey there Treena what happened to your lovely Avatar?

Gassho
      Shingen
      adrianbkelly -
      Thanks everyone! It's an honour to share this Ango with you all!

_/\_
      Ade
      Myozan Kodo -
      A wonderful talk on Ango. A wonderful beginning to our Ango. Thank you all (finished sitting this morning).

Much Metta to you and yours, Yugen. Hope all is well.

Gassho
      Myozan
      Gi Shu-George -
      Thank you Jundo, thank you all for your practice.
      Gassho.
      Gi shu---George.
      kidbuda -
      Yeeeeahh!! finally watch and sat with the zazenkai netcast! wonderfurl! I feel really excited and happy. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful zazenkai, thanks Jundo for thw words and love conducting the ceremony.Feels really good to be back in our Sangha.
      Happy Ango to all!!

Gassho.

kb
      Jiken -
      Could only sit part of this. Thank you to all for your practice

Deep bows

Daido
      Sekishi -
      Thank you Jundo and all sitters for your practice. Lovely Zazenkai and start to Ango!

Gassho,
      Eric
      Nenka -
      Thanks, everybody!

Gassho

Jen
      Daijo -
      Just got back from the wedding in Philly. Ango will begin tomorrow morning.
      Gen01 -
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!
      Good Ango everyone!

Gassho

Gene
      Kantai -
      Thank you all!
      Happy Ango!

Gassho, Edward
      Daitetsu -
      Sat with the recording, really enjoyed this zazenkai.
      Great talk, Jundo - the right combination of motivational and down to earth and the perfect start for our Ango.

Have a great Ango everyone!

Gassho,

Timo
      anzan -
      Wonderful! I look forward to this!

Anzan
      Shugen -
      Gassho

Shugen
      Kokuu -
      I finally got around to sitting this today. Lovely to start Ango with you all and really enjoyed the talk. I plan n reading the Shobogenzo fascicle tonight.

Thank you to all those who sat.

Gassho
      Andy