• August 11th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: August 11th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      RichardH -
      I'll be working late tomorrow prepping for a weekend exhibit, and will sit recorded on Sunday..

Gassho, kojip
      Kyonin -
      Nice! I'll be sitting live. Thanks, Jundo!
      Myoku -
      Thank you Jundo,

just a note: I'll plan to sit with the recorded version about 12 hours later on Google+ hangouts, thats Saturday 1:30 PM Berlin Time, its added to both the Treeleaf Sitters Schedule at Google+ and the Treeleaf Calendar here (in both calendars you can see it in your time zone) and of course everyone is welcome to sit completely or partly together. I'll stream the recorded version into the hangout.

Gassho
      Myoku
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo ... I will be sitting live.

Gassho
      Michael
      Koshin -
      Will be there live, good luck with your exhibit Kojip

Gassho
      Dosho -
      I'll be there.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      richss -
      So long as the kids are cooperating, I will be there for my first zazenkai live.
      Dosho -
      Quote Originally Posted by richss View Post
      So long as the kids are cooperating, I will be there for my first zazenkai live.
      That's what the "mute microphone" button is for! Come as you are...or however they are!

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Hoyu -
      I'll be there live!
      Looking forward to seeing, and sitting, with you all

Gassho,
      Hoyu
      BobSpour -
      Joining you all in a couple of minutes. Looking forward to this all week!
      _/\_
      bob
      Kyonin -
      Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Thank you Jundo and Sachiko-san!

Have a great weekend everyone

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Dosho -
      Thanks everyone...deep bows.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo, Sachiko san and who all sat and will sit. Enjoy your weekend.

Gassho
      Michael
      richss -
      Thank you for this. I sat live, but was unable to join in the Google Hangout. I am not sure if was my own ignorance of Google+ or if it was full.

Gassho,
      Richard
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by richss View Post
      Thank you for this. I sat live, but was unable to join in the Google Hangout. I am not sure if was my own ignorance of Google+ or if it was full.

Gassho,
      Richard
      Hi Richard,

Saw you there anyway, even without eyes. However, for next time, contact Dosho who will set you up on how to sit with us. I think there should have been a space open.

Gassho, J
      Thane -
      Joining for the recorded version this morning in Scotland.

Gassho

Thane
      Thane -
      Nice to sit with you all on the recording. I wont be around next week so see you all in a couple of weeks.

Gassho

Thane
      Myoku -
      Gassho and thank you to everyone sitting,
      Myoku
      Marla567 -
      Thank you for sitting together

Gassho
      Bianca
      Heisoku -
      Thanks Jundo and everyone sitting this.
      Have a great holiday with the family Jundo.
      Gassho.