• July 21st, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://youtu.be/KrJB5Dtouu8

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: July 21st, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo ... I will see you later tonight for a live sit.

Gassho
      Michael
      adrianbkelly -
      I'll be there on Sunday morning!

_/\_

Ade
      Koshin -
      I'll be there live, hoping the weather cooperates and there is no power outages because of storms

Gassho
      Dosho -
      My internet has been out all morning, so I'm not sure if I'll be there. But if my internet connection is resorted, I will be.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Kyonin -
      I won't be able to do it live. This one will be on Saturady morning for me.
      Dokan -
      Celebrating my sisters' 50th tonight and so will do the recorded sit.

Gassho

Dokan
      Dosho -
      Internet seems to be back, so I should be there!

Gassho,
      Dosho
      RichardH -
      I'll be here/there...

Gassho/kojip
      Thane -
      Will watch the recording Sunday
      Dosho -
      My thanks to Jundo, our sitters in Tsukuba, and all Treeleafers around the globe...deep bows!

Gassho,
      Dosho
      RichardH -
      Thank you!..

Gassho, kojip
      Jundo -
      Thank you, guys. For some reason folks were not allowed in today. I will figure it out for next time.

Gassho, J
      Koshin -
      Thank you Jundo and all sitters... my guess is that the Hangout started without inviting anyone, but with the live streaming option "on" :P

Anyway, it reminded me the old days of Justin TV Have a great weekend, and thank you all again

Gassho
      Yugen -
      Thank you all.... just sat the zazenkai a few hours behind you. Gassho Yugen
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by lipor View Post
      Thank you Jundo and all sitters... my guess is that the Hangout started without inviting anyone, but with the live streaming option "on" :P

Anyway, it reminded me the old days of Justin TV Have a great weekend, and thank you all again

Gassho
      Hi,

Yes, for some reason, it looked like I was signed in properly via Treeleaf Hangout page, but it was my personal account. I will look more closely next time to avoid that.

Gassho, J
      andyZ -
      Thank you Jundo, and to everyone who sat and will sit.
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi,
      Sat today the recorded version. What a busy Zendo this week!
      Gassho
      Myozan
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo and everyone who sat ... always nice.

Gassho
      Michael
      Myoku -
      Gassho and thank you everyone!
      Myoku
      Rich -
      Sat live with the recording. thanks.