• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Announcing the GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE

We are pleased to announce our GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE initiative here at Treeleaf. Starting in a few weeks, we will be asking each and all of our Treeleaf folks, in some way, to spend a day making their communities, the lives of others, this world a bit better. This is a chance to live the Virtues of Generosity and Giving, and our Bodhisattva Vows to Aid All Sentient Beings.

Please look for additional information, and ideas for activities suitable for you, in the ENGAGED & CHARITABLE PROJECTS CENTER of our forum. There, we hope to develop a variety of charitable and socially engaged projects and practices seeking to aid and assist our fellow sentient beings in this world. Please join in and do your part.

In fact, this is the "donation" we ask of you for participating in Treeleaf. Our Sangha is Freeing, but not Free ... and though we do not ask for money for our activities here, we do ask EVERYONE to roll up their sleeves and do something to help those truly in need. Thus, I am going to ask every single person sitting in our Sangha, without exception, to join in this. I hope other Buddhists and Buddhist groups ... anyone in fact ... will join with us on this project. This is not simply a matter of writing a check (though that is good too), but rather we will request "hands on" work of some kind taking a day or much of a day. No one type of activity will be required, although some activity is required of you, and there will be an activity suitable for each and all of you to choose, something for everyone despite busy schedules or physical limitations. There is always a way to help.

Please see this thread by Yugen for further information ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...-Initiative%21

And a bit more on this from me ...

Thank you for coming together on this Initiative to Serve!

Gassho, Jundo