• About Jundo

Jundo Cohen is a Sōtō Zen Priest, founder and teacher at Treeleaf Zendo, a Soto Zen Sangha. He lives in Tsukuba, Japan. He was ordained in 2002 and subsequently received Dharma Transmission from Master Gudo Wafu Nishijima, and is a member of the Soto Zen Buddhist Association and American Zen Teachers Association. He is a translator of Japanese and retired attorney, began Zen practice in 1980, and has lived in Japan for most of the last 25 years. Jundo is married to a lovely Japanese woman who is an Ai-ki-do practitioner, and is the father of two small children, and thus believes that the hard borders between ordained priest and householder have long been vanishing in Soto Zen. "Our practice, after all, is for living in the world." More information on Jundo and our other Priests at Treeleaf is available here.

• Recent Forum Posts

kirkmc

For Justice & Peace

From what I'm reading, it looks like white nationalist groups are taking advantage of the situation to foment violence, with a serious goal of a second

kirkmc Today, 08:29 AM Go to last post
    kirkmc

For Justice & Peace

And this is where I part ways with Brad Warner. On Twitter, he said:

"I do not support the #laprotest in any way shape or form."

kirkmc Today, 08:28 AM Go to last post
    martyrob

For Justice & Peace

I disagree we canít determine what we will feel, we feel what we feel. I feel all sorts of things, not all of them pretty. Thatís where practice begins

martyrob Today, 08:25 AM Go to last post
    Geika

For Justice & Peace

I am very conflicted about what is going on, because the officer responsible was not arrested until things started burning, and if that is what it takes,

Geika Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post
    Kenny

For Justice & Peace

Thank you Jundo for your teaching, and everyone else for participating in this discussion.

Thanks especially to Onka, who is reflecting

Kenny Today, 04:11 AM Go to last post